skyrider

44 Ways To Support Jihad............Removed

>There is more to the world than just the US, Bill.

Yes, there is - which is why I used worldwide numbers.

So your actual ration is:

tens of thousands : 4392 priests have been accused of molestation

It was my understanding that accused does not mean guilty though, does it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>So your actual ratio is . . .

Uh, no, it's not. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. There are about 440,000 priests in the world. Which is why the odds of a child of yours being molested by a given priest are much, much higher than your odds of a child of yours being killed by a given Muslim.

>It was my understanding that accused does not mean guilty though, does it?

Correct. And you thinking that they "want to kill infidels" does not mean guilty either.

Uh, no, it's not. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. There are about 440,000 priests in the world. Which is why the odds of a child of yours being molested by a given priest are much, much higher than your odds of a child of yours being killed by a given Muslim..

true, if the child is exposed to equal numbers of each of these constructed and culturally biased examples

I just try to keep my kid away from creeps and ignore the demographics

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Uh, no, it's not. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. There are about 440,000 priests in the world. Which is why the odds of a child of yours being molested by a given priest are much, much higher than your odds of a child of yours being killed by a given Muslim..

true, if the child is exposed to equal numbers of each of these constructed and culturally biased examples

I just try to keep my kid away from creeps and ignore the demographics

Bill, your statement would only be true if attending a Mosque is the primary way to be affected by a jihadist.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Define what you mean by affected? If you are talking about on a personal interacting then the vast majority of people in the world will never be affected by a jihadist.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Bill, your statement would only be true if attending a Mosque is the primary way to be affected by a jihadist.

no, if I see a creepy guy at the theator, I'd keep my daughter away from him there too

I could also respond: yes, but one of the primary ways to be INFECTED by the jihadist mentality may very well be to attend a mosque

either way

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you spent this much time hating on gays I would be sure that you’re a closet homosexual.:|

How does one who is so clueless about a religion get so obsessed by it, and post "information" on it?:S

No need to answer I really don’t care or have time for more bull shit.

See "how liberalss Argue" thread...then try and come up with something new ....

Your trolling is becoming obvious!

>I just try to keep my kid away from creeps and ignore the demographics

A most sensible precaution, but not one that is politically useful for either side - not enough fear generated.

right, so why use a politically charged topic to counter turtle's politically charge topic?
that doesn't seem productive debate - just snotty debate disguised as wry comparison (i.e. "see? my ludicrous example just highlights how ludicrous yours is - now let's fight to see who wins in the 'least ridiculous' example battle of witlessness")

>right, so why use a politically charged topic to counter turtle's
>politically charge topic?

Hopefully to stir this line of reasoning -

"OK, so a lot of priests might be a risk to kids, but that's insignificant compared to the entire world of Christianity; it's probably better to just avoid the shady priests."

Expand that line of reasoning and you make progress.

If instead I had simply posted "the percentage of Muslims who actually do want to kill foreigners is insignificant compared to the whole of Islam" turtle would have just posted "fraid not" or the equivalent - and that's even more pointless.

>If instead I had simply posted "the percentage of Muslims who actually do want to kill foreigners is insignificant compared to the whole of Islam" turtle would have just posted "fraid not" or the equivalent - and that's even more pointless.

that is the point, isn't it?

the perception that the whole of Islam may be a bit more extreme or not? That discussion is key point. In other words, like liberals taking minority votes for granted, is the assumption that your "mainstream" muslim more or less prone to the fanaticism of the extremes vs any other person of any other group

vs a pissing contest on which religion group's members are more despicable that goes nowhere (even if the discussion was originally intended to provide thoughtful contrast)

>the perception that the whole of Islam may be a bit more extreme or not?

Well, more that the whole of Islam is conflated with what a small number of terrorists do. We don't conflate the whole of Christianity with what a small number of priests do - which was my point in bringing it up.

>vs a pissing contest on which religion group's members are more despicable

Right. My hope is that people realize that neither group is despicable, despite actions by some of their members.

>We don't conflate the whole of Christianity with what a small number of priests do -

do you ever visit Dropzone.com? there's a forum there called Speaker's Corner.....

check it out - pretty much it's primary mission is to find something nasty about an individual and tie them to some group - and then go off about how bad the whole group is. Sometimes the individual isn't even associated with the group. It doesn't really seem to matter a bit.

do you ever visit Dropzone.com? there's a forum there called Speaker's Corner.....

check it out - pretty much it's primary mission is to find something nasty about an individual and tie them to some group - and then go off about how bad the whole group is. Sometimes the individual isn't even associated with the group. It doesn't really seem to matter a bit.

You forgot: for the children.

- Dan G

You forgot: for the children.

yes yes, of course

the children, apple pie, goodness, not hitler

This is like getting a video of a former Christian terrorist and having him explain what Christianity is all about.

No, it's like listening to a former Christian terrorist and gaining insight from their personal experience on what Christian terrorism is all about.

Thank you for explaining the correct concept of the post.

It seems that some require more explanation than the obvious.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

This is like getting a video of a former Christian terrorist and having him explain what Christianity is all about.

No, it's like listening to a former Christian terrorist and gaining insight from their personal experience on what Christian terrorism is all about.

So long as one doesn't confuse Christian terrorism with Christianity or Islamist terrorism with Islam then thats fine, yet somehow I doubt thats the case on that website.

Contempt prior to investigation will reduce your ability to acquire and assess intel.

When I am gathering intel, I assume I know nothing.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I thought the concept of free speech was almost as important as the right to bear arms?

Most of these self called patriots support the constitution……………………..when its convenient for them, or applies to Christian whites.

Oh but none of them are racists:S

The racists ones are mostly from the religious leadership in your country, where there is no tolerance for any other religion, cries for the extermination of the jewish state, and the coveted/preserved tradition of beating your wife, and giving women very little rights.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon