skyrider

44 Ways To Support Jihad............Removed

Video sharing sites like You Tube are a wonderful innovation, allowing people from all over the world to share videos online, however they also provide the means whereby terrorist organizations like al-Qaeda can promote videos that incite violence or other illegal activities.

You Tube has hosted a number of video clips that were created by Anwar al-Awlaki, who was believed to be the mastermind behind the latest plot involving cargo planes, and although his videos were removed by You Tube yesterday, many more videos that promote terrorism still remain.

The removal of the videos was begun following a request by the British Government to the White House, which complained about them.

According to The Daily Telegraph, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of videos that call Muslims to action that still remain on the popular video sharing site.

By doing a search on Google for one of the main videos that was asked to be removed, "44 Ways To Support Jihad", there are more than 100 results showing from You Tube, and 617,000 results in total. Scary thought isn't it!

When users try to click on videos that have been deleted, they see instead a message saying that the video was removed because it's content violated YouTube's terms of service.

The Terms Of Service (TOS) says that the site "prohibits dangerous or illegal activities such as bomb-making, hate speech or incitement to commit specific and serious acts of violence".

Various problems remain however, not the least being how to monitor sites like YouTube to prevent illegal videos from being added in the future, and to report those that have been added, so that they can be flagged for removal.

YouTube does in fact allow members to flag videos as inappropriate, however it is relying on it's members to do this, and with the potential number of illegal videos increasing, the number of people that are required to monitor and action these requests could be required to increase dramatically.

More: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5967156/youtube_agrees_to_remove_alqaeda_videos_pg2.html?cat=15

>By doing a search on Google for one of the main videos that was asked to
>be removed, "44 Ways To Support Jihad", there are more than 100 results
>showing from You Tube, and 617,000 results in total. Scary thought isn't it!

"Conservative terrorism"

Youtube: “conservative terrorism” results 1 - 20 of about 1,750
Google: About 6,220,000 results (0.16 seconds)

Is that as scary?

The number of Google hits is generally not a very good way to determine . . . anything.

what happened to free speech and the Constitution and all that?

with the potential number of illegal videos increasing

what makes a video 'illegal'?

Just what I want - the White House determining what videos I can and cannot watch online or on TV......

And the "Christian molesting link" above hits it on the head. If we are going to stop Muslims from recruiting Muslims, then we better shut down Pat Robertson too.....

I received this link the other day from a retired SF buddy.

Mr. Saleem discusses several aspects of the Islamic life including Jihad worldwide. He was an active terrorist, taught by his parents.

http://northeast.churchforallnations.com/site/current/current-events/kamalsaleem
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So what? All of a sudden you listen to the opinions of a man who by his own admission grew up in a family who were extremists. By his own admission his world view and that of what he thinks Islam is steeped in the views of the extreme.
This is like getting a video of a former Christian terrorist and having him explain what Christianity is all about.

And 'Oh what a suprise' he's trying to sell a book to the Christian right in the USA. How objective he must be :S:S:S

D- (Must try harder)

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This is like getting a video of a former Christian terrorist and having him explain what Christianity is all about.

No, it's like listening to a former Christian terrorist and gaining insight from their personal experience on what Christian terrorism is all about.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

No, it's like listening to a former Christian terrorist and gaining insight from their personal experience on what Christian terrorism is all about.

So long as one doesn't confuse Christian terrorism with Christianity or Islamist terrorism with Islam then thats fine, yet somehow I doubt thats the case on that website.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>you muslim supporting lbs claim to be for women's rights..

Yep. And you christian supporting conservatives claim to support children.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/oct/28/ex-knoxville-priest-pleads-not-guilty-molestation-/

Your position would make more sense, and hold a lot more weight, if there were no others out there commiting these offences. Or if the word terrorist wasn't synonomous with suicide bomber.

What is the ratio of extremists wanting to kill the infidels to child molestation?

Then, figure out the percentage that prirests are involved.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I thought the concept of free speech was almost as important as the right to bear arms?

Most of these self called patriots support the constitution……………………..when its convenient for them, or applies to Christian whites.

Oh but none of them are racists:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

If you spent this much time hating on gays I would be sure that you’re a closet homosexual.:|

How does one who is so clueless about a religion get so obsessed by it, and post "information" on it?:S

No need to answer I really don’t care or have time for more bull shit.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

If you spent this much time hating on gays I would be sure that you’re a closet homosexual.:|

How does one who is so clueless about a religion get so obsessed by it, and post "information" on it?:S

No need to answer I really don’t care or have time for more bull shit.

Then why spend time asking inane questions that you don't want answers to?

OH - yeah - agenda and insult.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>What is the ratio of extremists wanting to kill the infidels . . .

There are probably tens of thousands of them out there, out of about 1.6 billion Muslims. That's a ratio of about .003%.

> to child molestation?

4392 priests have been accused of molestation out of about 400,000 priests worldwide. That's a ratio of about 1%.

Looks like a Muslim daycare center would be a much safer place to leave a child than in a church-based preschool.

>What is the ratio of extremists wanting to kill the infidels . . .

There are probably tens of thousands of them out there, out of about 1.6 billion Muslims. That's a ratio of about .003%.

> to child molestation?

4392 priests have been accused of molestation out of about 400,000 priests worldwide. That's a ratio of about 1%.

Looks like a Muslim daycare center would be a much safer place to leave a child than in a church-based preschool.

Following instructions are not your strong point I see:

What is the ratio of extremists wanting to kill the infidels to child molestation?

Then, figure out the percentage that prirests are involved.

Care to try again, or is your position in danger if you do?

ROFLMAO:D:D:D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

>Following instructions are not your strong point I see

Nor is logic yours, apparently.

I've presented my numbers. Your child is far more at risk of being molested by your average priest than of being killed by your average Muslim.

Feel free to present your own numbers, if you have any.

I've presented my numbers. Your child is far more at risk of being molested by your average priest than of being killed by your average Muslim.

Bill that is just not true. The muslims hiding under their beds are far more numerous than your numbers allow for.

There is more to the world than just the US, Bill.