rhaig

Campus Concealed Carry likely to make a showing in TX this session

Are you implying there is anywhere that you couldn't possibly be presented with a threat of lethal force?

How the hell does my post imply that? I simply asked where these schools are that people are so worried that they need a weapon on them.

There was a shooting in the last couple of years (In Virgina I believe) was there not?

But your question really does not address the issue

It is about being prepared

Do you have a reseve on your back when you jump?

Why would you jump if you really think you might need it someday?

And, the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I was asking if you wear meaning to make that implication. It was pretty reasonable I thought because why would the location be relevant if you didn't think there were places people shouldn't worry about carrying a gun.

I think the argument being made is that there are no safe spots in this country, and do attempt to create ones by law in effect only create unarmed victims.
Peace, love and hoppiness

No I was not. Just curious where.

I think the argument being made is that there are no safe spots in this country

My campus

You would guarantee that for, say 50 thousand dollars?

That absolutely no violent crime ever has or ever will happen there?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Has? No violent crime in the last 4 years other than 2 non-forced sexual assaults.

Will? It very well could, on my way back to my on campus apartment after class.

My campus's policy is you may bring a gun to campus, but it must be left at the on campus police station. There is 0 reason to carry a gun on our campus, unless you want to blast one of the violent geese that'll bite the shit out of you if you get too close.

Lets listen to your argument in reverse:

>>>. . . There is 0 reason to carry a gun on our campus

and then

>>> It very well could, on my way back to my on campus apartment after class.

And then

>>>. . . other than 2 non-forced sexual assaults.

So defending yourself against sexual assault is not a reason. OK, Gotcha
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Sure, let girls carry a tazer or something. But a fucking gun? NON-FORCED SEXUAL ASSAULT. They were already engaged in sexual activities that went too far. What chick carries a gun in their g-string on the off chance they're going to get assaulted.

Sure, I could get shot right after I leave this class. Probably won't happen. The slim chance doesn't give me a reason to carry a gun to class.

The point is what harm are you doing to yourself or anyone else by merely having a gun on your side. I will always advocate that if carry is going to be done on college campuses it should be concealed as to not disturb others. So I've carried a gun every day for the past ~850 days and I've never needed it, but I have never inconvenienced myself or anyone else by having it. I just want to know that if the unlikely event occurs that I will need to defend myself arises, not matter how remote the chances, I'll be able to respond in such a way that I'm able to go home that night.

To each his own, if you don't feel the same way don't carry. I still fail to see how having my weapon sequestered to my glove box during the school day makes me safer.
Peace, love and hoppiness

Where the hell do you people go to school that you feel the need to carry a gun on you?

If you had been watching the news for the last 20 years, you might have noticed a few stories about mass shootings at schools...

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting

Homicidal maniacs choose schools specifically because they know there won't be anyone there armed to stop them, and for the shock value of killing little ones. People in charge with the same attitude as yours, enable these mass murderers to succeed.

Are you implying there is anywhere that you couldn't possibly be presented with a threat of lethal force?

How the hell does my post imply that? I simply asked where these schools are that people are so worried that they need a weapon on them.

Among many places, on the walk back to your car to retrieve your weapon! (parking lots, great place to get mugged)

Sure, let girls carry a tazer or something. But a fucking gun? NON-FORCED SEXUAL ASSAULT. They were already engaged in sexual activities that went too far. What chick carries a gun in their g-string on the off chance they're going to get assaulted.

Sure, I could get shot right after I leave this class. Probably won't happen. The slim chance doesn't give me a reason to carry a gun to class.

You probably won't need to use your reserve on the next skydive either. You have even been trained to use it. You even have a liscense.

Why would you bother with a reserve?

If you had been watching the news for the last 20 years, you might have noticed a few stories about mass shootings at schools...

No way? That has happened outside my protective bubble I live in on my campus?

If a law passes allowing everyone to carry a gun, everyone is going to rush out and get one because they feel like they will need to protect themselves from all the other people who went out and bought guns.

>But Drinking with a locked gun in a gun safe on campus does not.

Agreed. However, drinking while carrying a gun = drunk driving. (Which is why it's illegal in many places.)

Could you link to where the data shows that carrying a weapon on campus makes you drunk?

If a law passes allowing everyone to carry a gun, everyone is going to rush out and get one because they feel like they will need to protect themselves from all the other people who went out and bought guns.

Knee Jerk often?

Pacifist, (which you seem to be one) will be much safeer with armed people around them!

Knee Jerk often?

Pacifist, (which you seem to be one) will be much safeer with armed people around them!

Like the 35 full time police officers employed on my campus.

You are showing your naivete on this issue, and that you have a lot to learn, little grasshopper.

Either that, or you're cleverly playing the devil's advocate, to demonstrate how devoid of logic the position of the gun-o-phobes is.

You say that . . . because that has been show to be the case time and time again, right?
Are you assuming or do you have data and numbers to back your statement up?

Knee Jerk often?

Like the 35 full time police officers employed on my campus.

If there is no threat..."why" do you need 35 armed police officers?