RALFFERS

Dropzone.com got Jesus?

I mis-spoke, so I deleted the post. I hesitated posting it in the first place, but I still believe it is important to speak the truth as best I can. It does not mean I am always right by any means. My apologies.

Although I don't share your worldview, I appreciate that you are always polite and friendly.

I let max get under my skin. I really only intended to insult him. If I insulted anyone else, I apologize.

I still disagree that it takes a lot of faith to be faithlesss. I can see where you are coming from. I would rephase your position as, "It takes a lot of confidence for athiests to subject themselves to the risk that they are wrong." Perhaps it is a personality trait. I'm a bit of a control freak, and instead of believing what other people tell me, I want to prove it myself. In all my years, I've never seen anything personally that would lead me to believe in God. Having the Bible, or preachers, or my parents tell me that God exists and Jesus was his son just doesn't cut it for me. If it is enough for you (or you have some personal "evidence") then I have no problem with that. I respect your decision, and I expect the same level of respect in turn.

- Dan G

Once again, another "free thinker" accusing believers of not being one:S

One might also define a "sheep" as someone who conforms entirely to the systems of this world. Jesus taught the exact opposite. Are the educated considered to be more free in thought than children in wonder?

"We didn't start the fire"

I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to max's attack on my beliefs as "self-diefying".

I actually don't begrudge anybody's religious faith at all. If it works for you, great. It doesn't work for me, and I don't appreciate people like max telling me that I'm selfish, evil, stupid, etc.

I just wanted him to realize how insulting his attack was by replying in kind.

Some would find your comparison of believing in God to believing in the Flying Spag. Monster insulting. Kinda like you are implying their belief is childish and stupid. Ignorance is bliss... <--(referring to you being insulted and ignoring your own insulting comments).
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Um, believing in any supernatural being is about the same to me. I picked the FSM because I think the whole movement is funny. If you prefer, I could substitute Siva, Thor, or Zeus. Or do you think that people who believed/believe in them are childish and stupid?

- Dan G

it takes great faith to have absolutely none

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? No? It takes as much faith for you no have no belief in the FSM as it takes me to have no belief in your God.

Um... that is a less than poor analogy.

There aren't many hundreds-of-year-old books and testaments written about the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" the last time I checked.

Lots of very old literature about
Zeus
Athena
Hermes
Ganesha
. WOSRET

... By your logic, this is evidence that they exist.

Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

Nice list.

What about Zeus's son?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Um, believing in any supernatural being is about the same to me. I picked the FSM because I think the whole movement is funny. If you prefer, I could substitute Siva, Thor, or Zeus. Or do you think that people who believed/believe in them are childish and stupid?

No... just your comments. :P

People are free to believe whatever they chose, it is those that mock others for their beliefs that are the childish and stupid ones.

Perhaps it is a personality trait

Perhaps it is. We are all very unique.

In all my years, I've never seen anything personally that would lead me to believe in God. Having the Bible, or preachers, or my parents tell me that God exists and Jesus was his son just doesn't cut it for me

Funny enough, me either. I had to read the Gospel for myself and take the step of faith. Jesus is a spirit. Its not the man we worship, it is the spirit within the man... it is a love so great it inspires life.. and we all have access to it. But im only sharing what I know, sometimes that causes animosity, but that is not at all my intention. Nor is presenting myself as anything but a humble man, and this of course is not always easy, as I am forged in hypocrisy and vanity.

However, we should be able to fully disagree with one another, thats actually very important. Its just hard to let sleeping dogs lie sometimes isnt it? Someone on here had a cartoon dipiction a while back that showed a stick figure guy madly typing away at his computer while his wife was calling for dinner. He had in the quote bubble "Hang on, someone is wrong on the internet"! Still makes me laugh to this day. Its one reason I try to stay real and away from desiring to be right all the time, which I think is human nature.

No one really wants to be wrong, but that is not as important to me as ensuring that the spirit of God is first in my posts... although sometimes I do let my human nature come through at times, and that shames me in a way that may not be fully understood. Theres just no faith in words... and we all know that I write alot. It would be nice to meet some of you personally sometime... and more than probable as well, but for now it seems all we have is words.
"We didn't start the fire"

it takes great faith to have absolutely none

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? No? It takes as much faith for you no have no belief in the FSM as it takes me to have no belief in your God.

Um... that is a less than poor analogy.

There aren't many hundreds-of-year-old books and testaments written about the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" the last time I checked.

Lots of very old literature about
Zeus
Athena
Hermes
Ganesha
. WOSRET

... By your logic, this is evidence that they exist.

Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

Nice list.

Then there are:

* Baldr - God of beauty, innocence, peace, and rebirth. Consort: Nanna
* Borr - Father of Óðinn, Vili and Ve. Consort: Bestla
* Bragi - God of poetry. Consort: Iðunn
* Búri - The first god and father of Borr.
* Dagr - God of the daytime, son of Delling and Nótt.
* Delling - God of dawn and father of Dagr by Nótt.
* Eir - Goddess of healing.
* Forseti - God of justice, peace and truth. Son of Baldr and Nanna.
* Freyja - Goddess of love, sexuality, fertility and battle. Consort: Óðr
* Freyr - God of fertility. Consort: Gerð
* Frigg - Goddess of marriage and motherhood. Consort: Óðinn
* Fulla - Frigg´s handmaid.
* Gmot - God of the moon. Brother of Re`es andWeth. Gefjun - Goddess of fertility and plough.
* Hel - Queen of Hel, the Norse underworld.
* Heimdallr (Rígr) - One of the Æsir and guardian of Ásgarð, their realm.
* Hermóðr - Óðinn´s son.
* Hlín - Goddess of consolation and protection.
* Höðr - God of winter.
* Hœnir - The silent god.
* Iðunn - Goddess of youth. Consort: Bragi.
* Jörð - Goddess of the Earth. Mother of Þórr by Óðinn.
* Kvasir - God of inspiration.
* Lofn - Goddess of love.
* Loki - Trickster and god of mischief and fire. Consort: Sigyn (also called Saeter)
* Máni - God of Moon.
* Mímir - Óðinn´s uncle.
* Nanna - An Ásynja married with Baldr and mother to Forseti.
* Nerþus - A goddess mentioned by Tacitus. Her name is connected to that of Njörðr.
* Njörðr - God of sea, wind, fish, and wealth.
* Nótt - Goddess of night, daughter of Narvi and mother of Auð, Jörð and Dagr by Naglfari, Annar and Delling, respectively.
* Odin god of war (also the King of the gods)
* Re`es-God of heat*Óðinn (Wodan) - Lord of the Æsir. God of both wisdom and war. Consort: Frigg.
* Sága - An obscure goddess, possibly another name for Frigg.
* Sif - Wife of Thor.
* Sjöfn - Goddess of love.
* Skaði - Goddess of winter Njörðr's wife.
* Snotra - Goddess of prudence.
* Sol (Sunna) - Goddess of Sun.
* Thor (Donar) - God of thunder and battle. Consort: Sif.
* Tiki- God of Stone
* Tree-Goddess of life*Týr (Ziu, Saxnot) - God of war andjustice.
* Ullr - God of skill, hunt, and duel. Son of Sif.
* Váli - God of revenge.
* Vár - Goddess of contract.
* Vé - One of the three gods of creation. Brother of Óðinn and Vili.
* Víðarr- Son of Odin and the giantess Gríðr.
* Vör - Goddess of wisdom.
* Weth-Goddess of anger

There's no shortage. Plenty to choose from.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Nice list.

What about Zeus's son?

What about:

* Aakash
* Acyutah
* Adimurti
* Aditi
* Aditya
* Agni
* Ammavaru
* Anala
* Anila
* Anumati
* Anuradha
* Ap
* Apam Napat
* Aranyani
* Aravan
* Ardhanari
* Ardra
* Arjuna
* Aruna
* Arundhati
* Aryaman
* Aslesa
* Asura
* Asvayujau
* Aswini
* Ayyappan
* Ayyanar
* Ayya Vaikundar

* Baba Ramdevji
* Bagala
* Bagalamukhi
* Bahuchara Mata
* Balarama
* Banka-Mundi
* Bhadra
* Bhadrakali
* Bhaga
* Bhairava
* Bhairavi
* Bharani
* Bharati
* Bhavani
* Bhumidevi
* Bhumiya
* Bhutamata
* Bhuvaneshvari
* Brahma
* Brahman
* Brahmani
* Brihaspati
* Budha
* Buddha
* Buddhi
* Budhi Pallien
* Balaji
* Beeralingeswara

* Chamunda
* Chandra
* Chhinnamasta
* Chitragupta

* Daksha
* Dakshayani
* Danu
* Dattatreya
* Deva
* Devi
* Devnarayan
* Dhanvantari
* Dhara
* Dharma
* Dhatri
* Dhumavati
* Diti
* Durga
* Draupadi

* Ekajata

Esakki

* Ganesha
* Garuda
* Gayatri
* Ghanshyam
* Guardians of the directions
* Gusainji

* Hanuman
* Hari

* Indra
* Indrani
* Ishvara

* Jagaddhatri
* Jyotiba
* Jagannath
* Jumadi

* Kala
* Kali
* Kali
* Kamalatmika
* Kartikeya
* Kashyapa
* Khatushyamji
* Krishna
* Kubera
* Khandoba
* Kathyayini
* Kannaki
* Kamakshi

* Lakshmi (see also Ashta Lakshmi)
* Lalitha
* Lakshman

* Madurai Veeran
* Mahavidya
* Mahavishnu
* Mariamman
* Markandeya
* Matrikas
* Meenakshi
* Manasa
* Maruts
* Matangi
* Manikanta
* Meenush
* Mhasoba
* Veer Mhaskoba
* Mitra
* Mohini
* Muthyalamma
* Murugan
* Mariamman
* Muniandi
* Muthappan
* Mahalasa
* Mukyaprana
* Mookambika

* Nandni
* Nandi
* Narada
* Nataraja
* Naina Devi
* Nirrith
* Nirrta
* Nagaraja
* Naga Devata
* Narasimha
* Nookambika

* Parashurama
* Parasiva
* Parjanya
* Parvati
* Pashupati
* Prajapati
* Prithvi
* Pushan
* Purusha

* Radha
* Rama
* Ramnathi
* Ranganatha
* Rati
* Ratri
* Ravi
* Rbhus
* Renuka
* Revanta
* Rohini Nakshatram
* Rudra

* Samaleswari
* Saraswati
* Saranyu
* Sati
* Savitr
* Savitri
* Sesha
* Shakti
* Shakti Peethas
* Shantadurga
* Shiva (see also Astamurti)
* Sita
* Skanda
* Soma
* Subrahmanya
* Surya
* Svaha
* Swaminarayan

* Tara
* Tejaji
* Tirupati Thimmappa
* Tripura Sundari
* Tvashtri

* Uma (goddess)
* Ushas
* Ugratara

* Vaishnodevi
* Vamana
* Varaha
* Varuna
* Vasu
* Vayu
* Veerabhadra
* Veer Mhaskoba
* Venkateshwara
* Vishnu
* Vithoba
* Vishwakarma
* Vivasvat

* Yama
* Yami
* Yellamma
* Yudhisthira

If we go by ancient literature as proof of existence, there are lots and lots of gods around.

Ok this thread is great. I don't know if I believe in God or Jesus, I am NOT a Scientologist but I am very scientific. I tend to give more weight to tangable things. Go ahead and argue that to me please really, I have heard it all before. I am supposedly Catholic and yet I can't stand the shit the church has done over the course of time... Priest "Insert name here" you raped a bunch of little boys soo, you should move to another church?? Fuck that! I am a believer that you don't just say some Hail Marys and get let off the hook.

>Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

Such as? What exactly makes one a God?

My opinions are simply that so please don't take offence, but who says one Religion is better than another is Pig Headed.

The only thing I HATE is when one Religion causes harm to members of another for their views.

Live and let Live!
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

Maybe you're just not searching the right references.

Here's 473,000 hits for "Flying Spaghetti Monster".

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%22flying+spaghetti+monster%22&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&fp=c26c79a56c95bda8

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%22flying+spaghetti+monster%22&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&fp=c26c79a56c95bda8

Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension..

Maybe you do. Age versus quantity. Point being (so we don't keep doing this): each is arbitrary, and relatively meaningless.

Maybe you do. Age versus quantity. Point being (so we don't keep doing this): each is arbitrary, and relatively meaningless.

Oh... why didn't you just tell me that we were comparing apples to oranges.

Oh... why didn't you just tell me that we were comparing apples to oranges.

Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension..:P

Ok this thread is great. I don't know if I believe in God or Jesus, I am NOT a Scientologist but I am very scientific. I tend to give more weight to tangable things. Go ahead and argue that to me please really, I have heard it all before. I am supposedly Catholic and yet I can't stand the shit the church has done over the course of time... Priest "Insert name here" you raped a bunch of little boys soo, you should move to another church?? Fuck that! I am a believer that you don't just say some Hail Marys and get let off the hook.

>Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

Oh, that's easy. Contemporary literature says they were gods. Multiple sources, too, unlike the Bible.

If we go by ancient literature as proof of existence, there are lots and lots of gods around.

But what about the one true god? ;)

Let's leave my cat out of it, OK?

Oh, that's easy. Contemporary literature says they were gods. Multiple sources, too, unlike the Bible.

Huh... the Bible is a combination of books from multiple sources. I thought everyone knew that.