RALFFERS

Dropzone.com got Jesus?

No, not at all; it's just that most skydivers are atheists though.

I'm not too sure about guys being atheists but most of the ladies that I've been with can't be cause at the moment of orgasm they all scream "Oh God!!". :ph34r:;)

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

You bring up some good points. I never said I was right though - just voicing what I have personally observed. I myself believe in God, & if anybody cares to hear my opinion - I think it takes a lot more faith to be an atheist rather than to believe in God. But that's just me. Everyone has their reasons for everything, & that's perfectly fine.

Wow, someone who didnt feel offended from a post of mine. Thats rare for me. Thanks for that.

I do agree with this... "I think it takes a lot more faith to be an atheist rather than to believe in God".

It takes me no effort whatsoever to be an atheist. It's far easier to be logical than to justify fairy stories.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

OK, first of all, and I've had to say this many times before, atheism is not a form of belief; it is simply an absence of religious belief.

Believe me, I know, and I still disagree. As stated above by another poster, it takes great faith to have absolutely none. You disagree and that is okay. So, does your "no religious belief" definition mean you have faith in God or not? Im going to assume your answer is no. Im not really interested in semantics. respectively.

The atheists you think of only seem "anti-religious" because they're reacting to a society that forces religion upon them and subjects them to stigma for their lack of religious belief. If the focus of anti-religious acting/speaking-out seems "anti-Christian" to you, it's because you live in an overwhelmingly Christian-majority country, so that's usually how it manifests itself within your earshot.

Agreed. To add... our society seems to "force" alot of stuff on everyone, its still not a reason to not read the Gospel and at least attempt to understand it. Not saying you havent read it, but the simple truth is that many accept atheism because they see the hypocrisy that supposed Christians radiate... and, becasue science claims to have the truth the Gospel is ignored and even mocked... like the wonderful discovery program I saw the other day. I wanted to read for myself what the Gospel was all about. I did, and I saw. Now, none of these religious zealots can affect me... I have the truth now. Funny enough, most of them have not read the Gospel either, or at least they didint understand it. That is clear.

Just one example of the forceful society is a recovering alcoholic has to deal with a barrage of advertisements, which are clearly protected by law, as they should be. It doesnt change the fact that much of what he struggles against is the "forceful" billboard and telvision shows (2 and half men for one, which BTW I like to watch). Doesnt change the fact that our society is not very good at honoring everyones wishes in regards to what we are and are not exposed to. YOu can bet, if it makes money though, it will be honored. Do you see where that argument can be a football? No matter how much you throw it, its still a football. (sorry, lame analogy, but you get the point)

that's only because most of them have been indoctrinated in religion throughout their formative childhoods, often with long-term psychological effects; and even for an educated adult, the effects of that kind of indoctrination are hard to shake off.

What spiritual salvation or damnation is recieved through someone who simply accepts the possiblity there is a God? The ones who find it hard to shake off are the ones who have been indoctrinated into believing there is no God. Why would an agnostic find his belief/non belief hard to shake? I do however understand the "price" for apostasy, spiritually anyway. The deceptive revelation that this life is all there is to life is clearly a revelation of death, not of life. Bodies die, still, life continues to flourish? Its at least curious to think about life rather than just the body.

I disagree. Once again, you're putting the cart before the horse. Atheism simply puts religion into the same category of everything else which by default is presumed not to exist (beyond fantasy) in the absence of genuine evidence and proof.

Do you believe in the possibility of God? Yes, or no?

I wish I could run an experiment where the control group was a statistically significant population of well-educated, psychologically- and emotionally-healthy adults

Dont you mean not brain defected? BTW who/what is the standard of the non brain defected anyway? You? Surely it is not someone who believes in God? Absolutely certain about that...right?

than by those who choose to simply continue thinking as they and the rest of their society always have.

Now whos putting the cart in front of the horse? A believer simply stops thinking? So what is the general consensus? Brain dead at 35 or 40? OR just thoughtless throughout the entire lifespan?
"We didn't start the fire"

it takes great faith to have absolutely none.

If this made any sense, so would the following:

It takes a lot of money to be broke.
It takes a lot of happiness to be sad.
And it takes a lot of logic to be insane.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

If this made any sense, so would the following:
It takes a lot of money to be broke.
It takes a lot of happiness to be sad.
And it takes a lot of logic to be insane.

While I think I agree with you, I still think what I said makes sense. This is strange. Brain teasing semantics sort of. Cause if you flipped your examples they do make sense??

It takes being broke to find riches
It takes sadness to find happiness
It takes insanity to find logic (If we accept the defintion for insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I cant take back what I said because it makes too much sense to me.. and others believe it or not. But what you said doesnt make any sense to me, so now what? Do I just accept that what makes sense to me is false based on your examples that dont make sense to me? I dont think I can do that. Help me out here... if you want anyway.

Yes they should.

Seen on front of shirt:

"God is dead", Nietzsche

Seen on back of shirt:

"Nietzsche is dead", God

I know which one I believe...

:)

Love it!!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

You bring up some good points. I never said I was right though - just voicing what I have personally observed. I myself believe in God, & if anybody cares to hear my opinion - I think it takes a lot more faith to be an atheist rather than to believe in God. But that's just me. Everyone has their reasons for everything, & that's perfectly fine.

Wow, someone who didnt feel offended from a post of mine. Thats rare for me. Thanks for that.

I do agree with this... "I think it takes a lot more faith to be an atheist rather than to believe in God".

It takes me no effort whatsoever to be an atheist. It's far easier to be logical than to justify fairy stories.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/freethinkers.htm Once more. To all the religious fanaticsEdit to add, and I know it won't sink into most peoples heads. Don't be a sheeple.[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

it takes great faith to have absolutely none

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? No? It takes as much faith for you no have no belief in the FSM as it takes me to have no belief in your God.

- Dan G

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? No? It takes as much faith for you no have no belief in the FSM as it takes me to have no belief in your God.

Um... that is a less than poor analogy.

There aren't many hundreds-of-year-old books and testaments written about the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" the last time I checked.

There aren't many hundreds-of-year-old books and testaments written about the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" the last time I checked.

Why does a book need to be old to be credible?

If age is the metric I guess we just need to find the oldest extant religious text and go with that one... or maybe the ones even older that have been wholly or partially lost had it right? In that case we'd all be fucked.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Distraction and smoke screens as usual. We live in a self sustaining predeterminant universe,( possibly multiverse[url]), with perfectly established universal parameters governing the interaction of matter and energy. To believe that is just came about by chance, takes a lot of unsupportable conjecture ( ie faith in your atheist belief system). Of course this would be a logical conclusion for someone wishing to justify a self deified view point and expunge themselves from the guilt of rejecting God.

Distraction and smoke screens as usual.

Look who's talking.

We live in a self sustaining predeterminant universe,( possibly multiverse), with perfectly established universal parameters governing the interaction of matter and energy. To believe that is just came about by chance, takes a lot of unsupportable conjecture ( ie faith in your atheist belief system).

Or, the only reason we are here to make such self-righteous statements is that the laws of physics for this particular universe happened to be in balance. The other infinite universes that may have sprung into existence didn't work out, so there was no one there to make up God. You think that the chances of this universe randomly working out so well are almost nil. I agree, but almost is enough.

Of course this would be a logical conclusion for someone wishing to justify a self deified view point and expunge themselves from the guilt of rejecting God.

And yours would be the logical conclusion for someone whose existence is so empty that they need to make up an imaginary friend that loves them just as they are.

- Dan G

And yours would be the logical conclusion for someone whose existence is so empty that they need to make up an imaginary friend that loves them just as they are.

Damn dude. the next one of you who accuses me of boasting that I believe my life is more full than yours because I have faith will get this immediately copied and pasted on the reply. At least you actually said it, so, I applaud your truth. But now, none of you have the right to accuse me (Im not speaking of max or anyone else here) of boasting in a self righteous faith.

Lots of very old literature about
Zeus
Athena
Hermes
Ganesha
Ra
Aah
AHTI
Ahy
Aken
Aker
AMENTET
AMMUT
Amon
Amsit
ANAT
Anedjti
Anhur
ANKHET
Antaios
Antewy
Anti
Anubis
Apep
Apis
Asar-Hap
Ash
Aten, Aton
Atum
Babi
Banebdjedet
BAST
BAT
Bennu
Bes
Buchis
BUTO
Djed
Duamutef
ERNUTET
Geb
Hapi
Hapy
Harpakhrad
HATHOR
HAT-MEHIT
HAUHET
Hedjwer
Heh
Heka
HEKET
HEPTET
HERET Herishef
HERTEPT
Horakhte
Horemakhet
Horus
Hu
Imhotep
ISIS
Kek
KEKET
Khentamentiu
Khentykhety
Kheper
Khnum
Khons
Máahes
MÁAT
MAFDET
MEHURT
MENHIT
Mentu
MERET
MERETSEGER
MESKHENET
Min
MUT
Nefertem
Nehebkau
NEIT
NEKHBET
Nemty
NEPHTYS
Niau
NIAUT
Nun
NUNET
NUT
Osiris
PAKHET
Ptah
Ptah-Sokar
QADESH
Qebehsennuf
Re
Re-Horakhte
Reshpu
SATET
Sed
SEKHMET
SELKET
Serapis
SESHAT
Set
Shesmu
Shu
Sia
Sobek
Sokar
SOPDET
Sopdu
Tatenen
TAUERET
TEFNUT
Thoth
UNUT
Upuaut
URTHEKAU
WADJET
WASRET
Wepwawet
Weret
WOSRET

... By your logic, this is evidence that they exist.

Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I wasn't replying to you. I was replying to max's attack on my beliefs as "self-diefying".

I actually don't begrudge anybody's religious faith at all. If it works for you, great. It doesn't work for me, and I don't appreciate people like max telling me that I'm selfish, evil, stupid, etc.

I just wanted him to realize how insulting his attack was by replying in kind.

- Dan G

Lots of very old literature about
Zeus
Athena
Hermes
Ganesha
. WOSRET

... By your logic, this is evidence that they exist.

Not to mention indisputable evidence that Julius, Augustus, Tiberius Caesar (among others) were real and become gods.

Nice list.