rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

I still have yet to see a post of yours that suggests any remedy for the clearly established problem of drunks and nutters with guns, and lots of posts that oppose anyone else's suggestions.

And suggesting "allow guns on campus" won't do anything for folks like the 4 armed cops in WA gunned down by a nutter, or the parents of the DZ.COM poster girl for CCW.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I still have yet to see a post of yours that suggests any remedy for the clearly established problem of drunks and nutters with guns, and lots of posts that oppose anyone else's suggestions.

And suggesting "allow guns on campus" won't do anything for folks like the 4 armed cops in WA gunned down by a nutter, or the parents of the DZ.COM poster girl for CCW.

So, you're admitting that ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE LIED about my positions.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So you admit that he did suggest a remedy. You just don't agree that it would work. Hardly make you any different from him and disagreeing with your proposals...well you didn't actually make any, so other people's ideas.

So you admit that he did suggest a remedy. You just don't agree that it would work. Hardly make you any different from him and disagreeing with your proposals...well you didn't actually make any, so other people's ideas.

It's not a remedy, it doesn't keep guns out of the hands of nutters at all.

So, you're admitting that ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE LIED about my positions.

You have not suggested one single way to keep nutters and guns separate.

And another

www.kirotv.com/news/22686004/detail.html

and another

www.kktv.com/morenews/headlines/85297487.html

and some commentary

articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-02-26/news/bal-mentalhealth0226_1_baltimore-mental-health-systems-mental-illness-linda-raines

Killing the nutters after they start their killing spree is NOT a solution. We need to prevent nutters from having guns in the first place.

So, how are the disarmed victim zones and your whining about the situation working our for you in that regard?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So, how are the disarmed victim zones and your whining about the situation working our for you in that regard?

Rather better than the armed victim zone in Seattle, thanks for asking. And rather better than for the parents of the armed poster girl for CCW..

Rather better than the armed victim zone in Seattle, thanks for asking. And rather better than for the parents of the armed poster girl for CCW..

I'm sure the parents of those killed by Cho and your 'nutter professor' Amy Bishop feel differently.

But, hey - what's 35 killed vs 6 when it suits your agenda, eh John?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm sure the parents of those killed by Cho and your 'nutter professor' Amy Bishop feel differently.

I'm sure they would all prefer that the nutter had no guns.

I'm sure they would have - seeing as how it's impossible to keep them out of the hands of even common criminals, I think giving the victims at least a CHANCE to defend themself is better than making their only defense that of wishing the criminal hadn't gotten his hands on a gun.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm sure they would have - seeing as how it's impossible to keep them out of the hands of even common criminals,.

Thanks to obstructionist tactics of the gun lobby.

I'm sure they would have - seeing as how it's impossible to keep them out of the hands of even common criminals,.

Thanks to obstructionist tactics of the gun lobby.

And due to the obstructionist tactics of the Brady lobby, they're assured of having many, many unarmed victims.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nutter with gun: "EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON THE GROUND"

Me - eating my salad: "*BOOM* (.45 ACP)"

Nutter with gun: "gurgle...death rattle..."

Me - resuming my salad eating: "can someone please call 911 - have them bring a mop. Oh, and can you pass me more salad dressing?"

Me - resuming my salad eating: "can someone please call 911 - have them bring a mop. Oh, and can you pass me more salad dressing?"

I guess the 4 (shot dead) cops in the Tacoma restaurant should have ordered salads.

I guess the 4 (shot dead) cops in the Tacoma restaurant should have ordered salads.

Situational awareness is a wonderful thing. I tend to sit the farthest from the door in public places.. and NEVER with my back to the door. I like to know what is going on around me ALL of the time... and I look people in the eyes... just to see what kind of bullshit they might be coming up with. When someone is being sketchy.. you can see it in their eyes and body language.

>Nutter with gun: "EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON THE GROUND"
>Me - eating my salad: "*BOOM* (.45 ACP)"

Complacent gun owner: "Yep, my .45 can take down even the most evil criminal in the . . ."

Nutter with gun: *BOOM*

Complacent gun owner: "muuh mmf gurgle"

Gun owners friend: "dude, where'd your face go? I thought your gun would keep you safe!"

Gun owners friend: "dude, where'd your face go? I thought your gun would keep you safe!"

Gun owner's friend must be another liberal...still can't figure out the reason for carrying.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

salad? My food eats salad!!
;)
--
Rob

Situational awareness is a wonderful thing. I tend to sit the farthest from the door in public places.. and NEVER with my back to the door. I like to know what is going on around me ALL of the time... and I look people in the eyes... just to see what kind of bullshit they might be coming up with. When someone is being sketchy.. you can see it in their eyes and body language.

Jesus Christ, how horrible that sounds [:/]

Going to a (nice) restaurant means the fllw to me:

Having a nice seat, hopefully a beautiful view over the illuminated town - great food, great service, wonderful music in the background and someone I love in front of me ..... Beeing under a pressure to watch at everybody's movements around me would just make me mad. >:(

Same at public places, airports, train stations: How could I live in peace and fulfil my daily requirements if PERMANENTLY, I have to be in full attention that, perhaps, someone close to me is *being sketchy* ?????

If a *drunken sailor* is crossing my fairway, OK, I just let him pass and go my way.

But, beeing in a need of watching everybody around me ...... no. Wow, that means stress. B|

Amazon, if you have to *look people in the eyes ....* what, how the f*ck are you enjoying life on earth? In public places, in crowded places ??

*Situational awareness* IS a wonderful thing, indeed. I trust in mine. But, do not have to check it everyday and every minute of my life in public.

:o

dudeist skydiver # 3105

*Situational awareness* IS a wonderful thing, indeed. I trust in mine.

:o

your awareness, while existent, is at a much lower level than Amazon's. If that low level of information about your surroundings makes you happy then that's fine.

Blissfully unaware.
--
Rob

>Nutter with gun: "EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON THE GROUND"
>Me - eating my salad: "*BOOM* (.45 ACP)"

Complacent gun owner: "Yep, my .45 can take down even the most evil criminal in the . . ."

The lesson here is to not be a complacent gun owner. Condition Yellow...

your awareness, while existent, is at a much lower level than Amazon's. If that low level of information about your surroundings makes you happy then that's fine.

Yes, it does B| and it's fine, too.

My surrounding is peaceful, and THAT indeed gives me a higher level of living quality.

Each to his own.

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105