rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

You have a serious problem if you confuse the mental state of someone with a technical legal violation with that of someone who dresses up as Santa Claus and then shoots dead six members of his own family at Christmas.

And don't forget he was a Muslim in a Santa Suit and that this was an Honor Killing. That's at least as important as the fact he was wearing a Santa Suit in this situation.

Do you think that being a Muslim is an additional indication of mental instability, then?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And don't forget he was a Muslim in a Santa Suit and that this was an Honor Killing. That's at least as important as the fact he was wearing a Santa Suit in this situation.

Do you think that being a Muslim is an additional indication of mental instability, then?

You imply that the "Muslim" part of the sentence is what he was referring to as "important". Perhaps he meant "Honor" Killing", not Muslim.

I'll play that game - Do you consider honor killings to be very sane and a wonderful aspect of any culture?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You imply that the "Muslim" part of the sentence is what he was referring to as "important". Perhaps he meant "Honor" Killing", not Muslim.

I'll play that game - Do you consider honor killings to be very sane and a wonderful aspect of any culture?

Nope. I think he was just a nutter with a gun. A hextuple homicide is not the same as a paperwork discrepancy, regardless of what JohnRich thinks.

Nope. I think he was just a nutter with a gun. A hextuple homicide is not the same as a paperwork discrepancy, regardless of what JohnRich thinks.

Good - you judged the individual by his actions only. The rest is just descriptive details that may or may not have a causal relationship. But, in the end, only the actions count.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

How would you have prevented this without punishing those who do not break the law? What would you have done to Identify this individual as a Nutter before he obtained his weapon(s)?

What law would you pass that would stop this but not prevent others from exercising their Constitutional rights?

You have a serious problem if you confuse the mental state of someone with a technical legal violation with that of someone who dresses up as Santa Claus and then shoots dead six members of his own family at Christmas.

Do you think that wearing Santa suits at christmas time is an additional indication of mental instability, then?

I think that the mental and cultural issues involved to justify an honor killing are more significant

Probably in line with the mental and cultural issues involved to justify shooting intruders of your neighbours property in the back?

Protecting property. Daughters are worth something and worthless when seen as no longer pure.

I can understand you disagreeing with the concept of daughters and wives as property. However, I don't understand why you would disgree with the concept of using lethal force to protect property.

I didn't say they were. But they both broke the law with a gun, and are therefore "nutters" according to some people. Not you, of course, because we all know that you love guns and the 2nd Amendment.

Do you think that wearing Santa suits at christmas time is a sign of mental instability?

to some extent - mostly it's just kinda creepy

Probably in line with the mental and cultural issues involved to justify shooting intruders of your neighbours property in the back?

my neighbors' property in the back include:

a couple tables and patio chairs
a fountain
some trees and bushes
a really nice rock lined pond
a fence on the one side
compost pile

I think that the mental and cultural issues involved to justify an honor killing are more significant

Protecting property. Daughters are worth something and worthless when seen as no longer pure.

So you approve of the practice of honor killings, then?

So you approve of the practice of honor killings, then?

"understanding" another person's rationale does not equate to agreeing with it

this is quite the strawman thread - who's next?

my neighbors' property in the back include:

a couple tables and patio chairs
a fountain
some trees and bushes
a really nice rock lined pond
a fence on the one side
compost pile

so shoot them on the compost pile - no additional cleanup required.

Do you think that wearing Santa suits at christmas time is a sign of mental instability?

to some extent - mostly it's just kinda creepy

Why do you hate Santa Claus?

you know, the rubber nose, balloon puppets, the mass killings, tiny cars,...

Another tragic story - although the parents are the nutters in this case.

content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/01/young-male-with-gun-shot-and-killed-at-texas-school-/1

There is nothing in that story to indicate that the parents had anything to do with the teens acquisition of the gun.

Do you have a new law for us to prevent such tragedies?
How about we ban handguns from juveniles? Oh wait, that's already a law.
How about we ban guns from schools? Oh wait, that's already a law.
How about we prohibit the brandishing of weapons? Oh wait, that's already a law.

Whatcha got for us, kallend?

Another tragic story - although the parents are obviously nutters too.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/Armed-neighbor-stops-burglary/-/1735978/7612798/-/eveo07z/-/index.html

John, your lame attempts to draw attention away from acts of gun violence by clearly deranged people is just that, LAME.

John, your lame attempts to draw attention away from the use of guns in good ways by clearly law-abiding people is just that, LAME.

Doing this supports his gun ban position
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln