rushmc

Another Nutter with a Gun

So that means it was just normal behavior? Really? Texas is a strange place.

What I find strange is someone from Chicago who thinks a Muslim wearing a Santa Suit at Christmas is normal behavior anywhere.

What I find strange is someone from Chicago who thinks a Muslim wearing a Santa Suit at Christmas is normal behavior anywhere.

You have it backwards (as usual). I don't think this tragedy was normal behavior at all, and I wasn't the one who said it was.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You have it backwards (as usual). I don't think this tragedy was normal behavior at all, and I wasn't the one who said it was.

Well, good, then we agree.

Do you think Muslim fathers who have a daughter dating a non-Muslim should have their right to own a gun taken away?

Your definition of normal and mine are quite different. The normal people I associate with don't commit mass murder of their own families.

I agree

You definition of normal would only include people who agree with you and your tactics of using courts and law makers to try and get your way when the voters vote against you

The rest of us think that, for the most part, the majority should rule and the costitution should be the law of the land

(again, before you go off all mister twister, please note the "for the most part" of my post)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The normal people I associate with don't commit mass murder of their own families.

Seriously? You need to get out more.

Seriously? You think he really means this?
Abraham Lincoln

The normal people I associate with don't commit mass murder of their own families.

:|

Marc, you're priceless.

From the horses mouth
Abraham Lincoln

Marc, you're priceless.

From the horses mouth

Whatever, man. The gift that keeps on giving.

Marc, you're priceless.

From the horses mouth

Whatever, man. The gift that keeps on giving.

:D:D

don't like your own game played back atcha??

Then find another game:o

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Is it your contension that everyone person who ever shot someone is a nutter? Do you have any indicators for a "nutter" label prior to homicide/suicide? Do you have any suggestions for "something" when you cry out for government to do something?

What would you have done differently in this case? Should Americans not have gun rights? Should Muslims not have gun rights? Should people who dress up like Santa no have gun rights?

Do you have anything to contribute other than handwringing?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Is it your contension that everyone person who ever shot someone is a nutter? Do you have any indicators for a "nutter" label prior to homicide/suicide? Do you have any suggestions for "something" when you cry out for government to do something?

Nice red herring. Do you have anything substantive to contribute that pertains to this topic?

Is it YOUR contention that it is normal behavior to dress up as Santa and then shoot dead 6 members of your own family?

Is it YOUR contention that it is normal behavior to dress up as Santa and then shoot dead 6 members of your own family?

I suspect the wardrobe is not the important detail here.

You may believe it speaks to his mental state, but it may just be a convenient outfit for concealing the weapon.

You may believe it speaks to his mental state, but it may just be a convenient outfit for concealing the weapon.

OK, ignore the Santa costume. So does it fit your definition of normal behavior to shoot dead 6 members of your family at Christmas?

OK, ignore the Santa costume. So does it fit your definition of normal behavior to shoot dead 6 members of your family at Christmas?

I wouldn't call an Honor Killing normal either with or without the Santa Suit.

Nice red herring. Do you have anything substantive to contribute that pertains to this topic?

My substantive contribution so far has been trying to get you to clarify what you mean by "nutter". So far I've been unsuccessful, though not through any lack of effort.

If we assume that facts are reasonably similar to what's been in the news, then we know that the estranged husband went to his wife's residence while wearing a santa suit and carrying a firearm. Once there, he shot them.

Obviously, this is not normal behavior. We don't know if he coldly decided before ever leaving his home that he would go there with the intent to murder everyone present, if he went there in a sudden rage and killed them all, if he went there while upset and only decided to kill them after something happened on scene, if he went plain buck fucking crazy and thought it'd be the fun thing to do that day, or if there was someting else in his head. So we have established he was not normal. Is THAT your definition of a "nutter"? Anyone that is not normal?

My concern is that you have no definition of "nutter". You clearly state you don't want nutters to have guns, you don't believe the current system is adequate, and you want to make sure they don't have guns so they can't kill people. Your only indicator of "nutter" seems to be murder. So, for the umpteenth time, how would you define "nutter" (prior to homicide), how does that apply to this case, what would you change about the system, and would that have had any affect on this case?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I love how the writer threw in this little gem.

It has been legal for people to take loaded firearms into Mount Rainier since 2010, when a controversial federal law went into effect that made possession of firearms in national parks subject to state gun laws.

Insinuating that banning guns in National Parks would have prevented this from occurring.

I love how the writer threw in this little gem.

It has been legal for people to take loaded firearms into Mount Rainier since 2010, when a controversial federal law went into effect that made possession of firearms in national parks subject to state gun laws.

Insinuating that banning guns in National Parks would have prevented this from occurring.

Right. He had already shot four people outside the park before driving to the park. So obviously he didn't give a darn about laws against murder. And that means that he also certainly wouldn't have given a darn about any gun ban in the park. Someone who just before had shot four people, isn't going to stop his car at the park entrance and say; "Oh shucks, I'm going to have to turn around, they don't allow guns in here!"

Sympathies to the family of the female park ranger.

I await the ideas of the mighty kallend as to what law he would like to pass that could have prevented this murder.

You have a serious problem if you confuse the mental state of someone with a technical legal violation with that of someone who dresses up as Santa Claus and then shoots dead six members of his own family at Christmas.

You have a serious problem if you confuse the mental state of someone with a technical legal violation with that of someone who dresses up as Santa Claus and then shoots dead six members of his own family at Christmas.

And don't forget he was a Muslim in a Santa Suit and that this was an Honor Killing. That's at least as important as the fact he was wearing a Santa Suit in this situation.