Darius11

Why is anyone listening to the republicans?

No really I want to know.

How do you constantly be wrong, cost countless humane lives, raped the constitution, and hurt this country more then any terrorist could ever and still take your self seriously or be viewed with any validity?

I am lost.. Why would any one give any merit to what the rep. have to say?

To the Reps themselves. How fucked up do you have to make things to actually reevaluate your views? Is that even possible?

Funny. You could replace "republican" with "democrat" and your statement would be just as true.

I say fire 'em all. Pitchfork anyone?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

> It doesn't take one person to make the decision to go to war . . .

It did in that case. One person ordered the troops in. No one else. Sure, lots of other people passed resolutions and made speeches - but one person is the commander in chief, and one person gave the order to invade. No one else could have.

Now, Congress could have declared war, which is the only avenue open to them by the US constitution. If you can produce that declaration of war I'd agree with you that the president was merely doing what he was ordered to.

> I dont think it is fair for our government to play robin hood.

So are you lobbying to shut down veteran's hospitals? Or are you OK with some Robin Hood causes and not others?

>I'm content to pay taxes, but not at the rates the left wing dictates.

Personally I am willing to pay taxes to save a US child's life, but less willing to pay taxes to kill innocent Iraqis. Perhaps you have a different set of values; that's fine.

>Just because some other guy would have done even more bad stuff is
> no reason to excuse the current bad stuff.

Agreed 100%. But you can be glad that we got the least bad of the two options.

But we didn't.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Just because some other guy would have done even more bad stuff is
> no reason to excuse the current bad stuff.

Agreed 100%. But you can be glad that we got the least bad of the two options.

I'm still not convinced of that, actually. I do see some things where I think Obama has done better than McCain would have (the tightrope around the Iranian elections, for example), but I've been pretty disappointed with Obama, and I really feel like he's gotten a free pass for escalating the war of his choice because his party matches the majority in Congress. If the President and Congress were from opposite camps (i.e. McCain was President), I suspect we'd have seen a lot more criticism of the Afghan escalation strategy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I love how these things turn into fingure pointing on both sides lol. ALL politics have become currupt no matter what side you like. Theyll each say what we all want to hear at that time then when there in power they just do whatever they want with no regard to anyone but there checkbook.

Thats why i say....VOTE FOR ME 2020!!!!!

[reply but I've been pretty disappointed with Obama, and I really feel like he's gotten a free pass for escalating the war of his choice because his party matches the majority in Congress. If the President and Congress were from opposite camps (i.e. McCain was President), I suspect we'd have seen a lot more criticism of the Afghan escalation strategy.

The Afghan war was the direct result of 9/11 and was pretty much everyone's choice. If GWB hadn't lost focus and gone off on his silly deceptive tangent in Iraq, we wouldn't be having such a tough time in Afghanistan now.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Afghan war was the direct result of 9/11 and was pretty much everyone's choice. If GWB hadn't lost focus and gone off on his silly deceptive tangent in Iraq, we wouldn't be having such a tough time in Afghanistan now.

were only haveing a tough time in Afghanistan is because were to worried on what people will think of us and not letting the soliers do there job the wayits men to be done. Theres so many restrictions and regulations now its like we agreed to have a handycap so the other side has more of a fighting chance.

were only haveing a tough time in Afghanistan is because were to worried on what people will think of us and not letting the soliers do there job the wayits men to be done. Theres so many restrictions and regulations now its like we agreed to have a handycap so the other side has more of a fighting chance.

When we had the Taliban on the run in 2002, Bush let them escape and regroup. That was the best opportunity we had, and it was lost.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

As has happened during every war with every president I can remember. This fact sucks. But the progressives and the media have created this. We have to learn to live with it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln