warpedskydiver

Obama is not a US Natural Born Citizen

That article is worthless and most likely partisan.

I actually read all that guys editorials, mostly because he seems to actually engage in critical thought, which is conspicuous by it's absence in most of the partisan hacks CNN finds to write that kind of stuff. For what it's worth, I also like Ruben Navarette, even though I disagree with both of those guys quite frequently. There really are people thinking real, original thoughts out there--it's just hard to find them.

I find Roland Martin to frequently be a breath of fresh air, even though I also frequently disagree with him. But Ruben Naverette is boring to me, perhaps because I have the capacity to think that some things actually have absolutely nothing to do with Mexican immigration. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Fact: Obama is eighth cousin to Cheney, according to research by the vice-president's wife Lynne. The two men share a common ancestor in a 17th-century French immigrant. :o:o:o

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Well then show it to us.
Show all of us Obama's Birth Certificate.
NOT his CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH.

I told you that in California the "certificate of live birth" is the only thing the people who born here got. And this is perfectly enough to get a passport.

What kind of birth certificate do you possess?
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Well then show it to us.

I told you that in California the "certificate of live birth" is the only thing the people who born here got. And this is perfectly enough to get a passport.

Just to do a bit of devil's advocation: I just checked and my "Certificate of Live Birth" which is from California, contains all kinds of details not recorded in Obama's Hawaii "Certificate of Live Birth."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Just to do a bit of devil's advocation: I just checked and my "Certificate of Live Birth" which is from California, contains all kinds of details not recorded in Obama's Hawaii "Certificate of Live Birth."

Hmmm … I wonder what the difference could possibly be. :S
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Well then show it to us.

So?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

I just checked and my "Certificate of Live Birth" which is from California, contains all kinds of details not recorded in Obama's Hawaii "Certificate of Live Birth."

And mine from a third State has about the same information as the "Certificate of Live Birth" from Hawaii, but it's labelled "Record of Live Birth."

I think the only thing we may have shown is that we in the US live in a federalism.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

So?

If I understood it correctly, the OP's contention was that in Hawaii there existed two different birth records, a "Certificate of Live Birth" and a "Birth Certificate". He argued that the former was available without proper proofs, and contained only minimal information, and that the latter was generated at the hospital and contained more detailed information.

Several people had posted with the idea that their only birth record was a "Certificate of Live Birth". That's true for me, too. But when I checked mine, it looked a lot more like the thing he was calling a "Birth Certificate" than the "Certificate of Live Birth" that's been shown--it included a bunch of details.

The fact that some of us possess a piece of paper with one title or the other at the top is not conclusive evidence, either way, about the underlying contention. Yet we're proposing it as if it is.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No, I don't. Put it on display some where ... problem solved, move on.

Are you that naive?

Could you determine whether a piece of paper in a glass box is an real birth record (whatever it's called) or a forgery just by looking at it? Could any of the nutjobs who believe this conspiracy actually do that? So what are they going to say; "Oh, well now I've seen this piece of paper on display so obviously I now think Obama is telling the truth!"?

Of course not. Once a conspiracy theory is released there is no putting it back.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So?

If I understood it correctly, the OP's contention was that in Hawaii there existed two different birth records, a "Certificate of Live Birth" and a "Birth Certificate". He argued that the former was available without proper proofs, and contained only minimal information, and that the latter was generated at the hospital and contained more detailed information.

Several people had posted with the idea that their only birth record was a "Certificate of Live Birth". That's true for me, too. But when I checked mine, it looked a lot more like the thing he was calling a "Birth Certificate" than the "Certificate of Live Birth" that's been shown--it included a bunch of details.

The fact that some of us possess a piece of paper with one title or the other at the top is not conclusive evidence, either way, about the underlying contention. Yet we're proposing it as if it is.

Tom, you and I as well as Marg and Karen all can agree there is a suspicious lack of details in the document Obama has provided.

There are also statement that had been made as to the existance of an actual Birth Certificate and that the Certificate of Live Birth only relates to that document.

If we are to expect due diligence would we not expect that the actual Birth Certificate be provided and thet it be verified?

If it were any other candidate that could not use the racism card there would be a much larger expectation of proof given the weight of this matter.

Why are we giving a free pass to someone who has a questionable background when it comes to being Naturalized Citizen.

We already know that Obama lived under a different surname and that has been omitted on the Illiinois Bar exam.

That alone should have raised questions and possible proceedings into the lack of forthcoming and truthfulness.

I passed my FBI background check and had to include anything I had been arrested for as a juvenile and that offense had been expunged.

So why the lax treatment?

So I didn't read this whole thread and I have no intention to, but I've got a question:

Say the wackos are right and he truly was not born in the USA. Then what? Is he kicked out of office immediatly and Biden takes over? What would the procedure be for doing this?

I, of course, believe that he was born in Hawaii, but lets assume for the sake of discussion that he pulled off what would probably be the biggest con of all time- then what happens?

So why the lax treatment?

What makes you convinced it has been lax, that Clinton, McCain, Rove, and the prior courts involved didn't fully investigate?

Your entire hypothesis blows up with this question - the other candidates would not have been afraid to question the black candidate.

Read for a change

I read plenty. I can tell the difference between rational thought and dead-end sore losers grasping at straws.

Seriously, for Obama not to have been a citizen, how many people would have to be involved in that little scheme? Did they travel back in time and plant documents in Hawaii? Have they infiltrated BOTH parties that sit on the election committees that verify these things?

A person has to be almost insane to think this is even vaguely possible.

It is funny how my grandfather has a birth certificate says he was born in kawaii but he was actually born on the boat when they migrated to the united states...:S
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

So?

All I'm proposing is that different states do things different ways, and that the OP's contention is flawed on a multitude of levels.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

So I didn't read this whole thread and I have no intention to, but I've got a question:

Say the wackos are right and he truly was not born in the USA. Then what? Is he kicked out of office immediatly and Biden takes over? What would the procedure be for doing this?

I, of course, believe that he was born in Hawaii, but lets assume for the sake of discussion that he pulled off what would probably be the biggest con of all time- then what happens?

Anybody?:|

Yes, if you believe there may be a chance that Obama is not a natural born citizen and you would like this matter investigated and cleared up with PROOF of documentation (DETAILS), You are then considered a whackjob/conspiracy theorist by most of the left wingers and assholes on this forum.:S

However, if you think Bush and Cheney were involved in a conspiracy, that there are criminal charges to be pursued for things that the President and Congress acted upon within their powers then you are sane and impartial.:S

Of course if you think the bailouts and stimulus are great ideas, then you are the norm of society:S

Anybody?:|

Biden takes over. Since he's now the president, he gets to pick a new VP. He picks Obama, who continues to be the lead guy, and business continues as usual.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Biden takes over. Since he's now the president, he gets to pick a new VP. He picks Obama, who continues to be the lead guy, and business continues as usual.

I think you give Biden more credit than he deserves. He'll say 'fuck you very much' (in the spirit of the last VP) and change the locks at the White House.

Sigh. It seems these whackjob conspiracy theorists are on every fucking board.

Please pay attention.

Really.

Read the words.

He was born in Hawaii, this has been proven repeatedly. but even if he hadnt been:

IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER WHERE HE WAS BORN.

His mother was a citizen, that makes him a natural born citizen. McCain actually WAS born on foreign soil and nobody questioned his right to hold office.

Not to mention if you people really think the republicans wouldnt have brewed a shitstorm if there was ANY validity to this, you are sadly mistaken.

Cant you nutters go back to claiming the world is 8000 years old and dinosaur bones are gods way of testing us? At least that shit was amusing.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Sigh. It seems these whackjob conspiracy theorists are on every fucking board.

Please pay attention.

Really.

Read the words.

He was born in Hawaii, this has been proven repeatedly. but even if he hadnt been:

IT DOESNT FUCKING MATTER WHERE HE WAS BORN.

WRONG

His mother was a citizen, that makes him a natural born citizen.

WRONG

McCain actually WAS born on foreign soil and nobody questioned his right to hold office.

WRONG

Um right. I was born in Belgium to an American woman and Belgian Father. I am a natural born citizen and can hold any office.

John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone

Care to keep shoving your tin-foil covered foot into your mouth?

*edit* and before you spout of more ignorance, a military installation is NOT necessarily considered US soil. For example, the one McCain was born on.
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~