futuredivot

Sen. Boxer

Of give me a break! Get off your high horse power trip lady. Sir or Maam is more that correct if needed. Hell when I testified I said yes Sir or Your Honor. He never got his pants in a knot over it. BITCH! Is that better Boxer?
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

This is how seriously she the Senator takes herself the Senator's self. Sure, she's the Senator's a senator. But who here thinks that the general was dissing her the Senator by calling the Senator "ma'am?"

Apparently, the Senator believed that the Senator was being mocked and insulted by the piss-ant military guy - even though "ma'am" is a term respectful of a female superior.

I wonder what she uses elsewhere?

"Don't call me 'mom!' I'm a Senator."
"Don't you call me 'honey.' I'm a Senator."

How insecure is she?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I've been corrected by professors for the same thing. It is considered correct to addrerss them as Professor or Doctor (provided they have a Phd) but never Mr. I don't see much difference in the arguement except for military protocol being involved
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I've been corrected by professors for the same thing. It is considered correct to addrerss them as Professor or Doctor (provided they have a Phd) but never Mr. I don't see much difference in the arguement except for military protocol being involved

See, this is why lawyers - even though we have doctorates - are addressed as "Mr." and "Ms." : we're humble.

Curious if you've ever met Barbara Boxer?

I did, back when she was first running for Senate. One of my roommates was a volunteer on her campaign. She is actually quite a lot more arrogant than FOX suggests, even toward people who volunteer to work for her.

i sort of met her/saw her in action a couple times at a hotel i used to work for while she campaigned. also ran into her a few times while interning in DC. Thoroughly unimpressed is an understatement... which is accurate for many politicians I've encountered.

before you get all 'you hate dems' on me, one of the only politicians i was ever impressed with was a D congressman from florida.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

My brother-in-law is a Professor/Phd and I damn sure don't call him Professor or Doctor. I've called him an Ass Hole from time to time when were messing around.

Boxer is an ASS plan and simple, not to mention Simple Minded obviously a product of "Government Education"...a burden I carry as well.

My brother-in-law is a Professor/Phd and I damn sure don't call him Professor or Doctor. I've called him an Ass Hole from time to time when were messing around.

Boxer is an ASS plan and simple, not to mention Simple Minded obviously a product of "Government Education"...a burden I carry as well.

True, but you are related to him and aren't obligated to address him formally. Same as with some of the faculty I am friends with, I call them by their first name, however if I am talking about them to a 3rd party who would not be considered a friend, I address them with their title.
@Andy, I wonder if that has anything to do with the Barister title not being used any longer ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

See, this is why lawyers - even though we have doctorates - are addressed as "Mr." and "Ms." : we're humble.

I'm addressed as:
asshole
Dickhead
Shyster
Pettifogger
Low-life dirtbag
cocksucker
motherfucker.
Piece of shit.

It must be nicer out where you live.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Same as with some of the faculty I am friends with, I call them by their first name, however if I am talking about them to a 3rd party who would not be considered a friend, I address them with their title.

Has California gotten a lot more formal since I lived there?

I called most of my college professors by their first names, and it seemed pretty normal.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I've been corrected by professors for the same thing. It is considered correct to addrerss them as Professor or Doctor (provided they have a Phd) but never Mr.

That quirk is a really good asshole detector.

As for Boxer, it's fair to question if she's really earned the title. She got elected in the year of the woman (1992), same time as Feinstein and riding on the Clinton coattails. But she barely won against a right wing radio guy. The state GOP often has a problem with the hard liners outmuscling the more electable. Still, she barely won. 6 years later she got the gift of running against a minority in the GOP.

But here we are 16 years later, and I can't think of a single significant action taken by her as a Senator. She's no less senior than Feinstein, but in terms of relevance - light years difference. Like Palin and McCain.