JohnRich

Germany aims to ban paintball

News:
Germany aims to ban paintball

The German government wants to tighten gun laws and ban paintball games in response to a school shooting in which 16 people were killed in March, sources said on Thursday.

Experts from Chancellor Merkel's conservatives and her Social Democrat partners had agreed to ban paintball games, in which players shoot at each other with pellets containing paint, the sources said.

The governing parties say games like paintball trivialise violence and risk lowering the threshold for committing violent acts, the sources said.
Source: http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2512787,00.html

Yeah, that'll work. Without paintball games, no one would dare go shoot up another school full of kids again.

Apparently people want to imagine paintball is like actual combat.

Military rules in paintball are far different from what people do for recreation.

The pressure is turned up, wounds count.

Plus after witnessing what these people do playing paintball I would say that in a real gunfight they would not stand a chance.

Each to their own ..... I can only think of fishing as more boring than paint-ball but that's my personal take.

If I felt the need to be covered in Dulux, I'd paint my house.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Plus after witnessing what these people do playing paintball I would say that in a real gunfight they would not stand a chance.

Sure they would. They just need a small maneuverable select fire rifle that can hold 300rds of ammo. Also, all of that ammo has to be super light. Then they can lean way out from a barricade and empty the entire 300rd magazine while trying to kill one person. Then they reload (which is super easy and fast) and move on to the next person. All of this in a confined area with hard fast rules that you can call foul on and that everyone follows.

So yeah, they're boned.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I voted yes. I figure the US's military history with Germany the fewer German marksmen, the better

What the hell are you trying to say here? It makes no sense.

He's saying that WWI and WWII would have gone much easier on us if the Germans had been lousy shooters. So it might be beneficial in the next war if they aren't so well practiced.

JR, you left off an important choice;
"I don't care. It's their country and they can do what they want."

Without that choice, you're giving them permission to try to dictate what goes on here in the US.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Without that choice, you're giving them permission to try to dictate what goes on here in the US.

QFT

He's not trying to dictate what happens in Germany. He's merely pointing out how ridiculous gun controllers can be regardless of nationality and hopefully enough people will open their eyes so as to not make the same mistakes in our beloved US of A. How do you not get that by now?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

He's not trying to dictate what happens in Germany. He's merely pointing out how ridiculous gun controllers can be regardless of nationality and hopefully enough people will open their eyes so as to not make the same mistakes in our beloved US of A. How do you not get that by now?

I agree with quade. It's their country. Their laws.

But with respect to your comments, we can observe the progression over there and fight against such laws over here.

. . . and hopefully enough people will open their eyes so as to not make the same mistakes in our beloved US of A.

That assumes quite a bit;

1) It's actually a "mistake."
2) The same thing is possible here.

Different countries have different cultures and laws for different reasons than the US.

How do you not get that by now?
quade -

. . . and hopefully enough people will open their eyes so as to not make the same mistakes in our beloved US of A.

Dude, do you really think that banning paintball will have any effect? Violent toys cause violence, or something?

Go down that road and pretty soon we're all in padded rooms watching the teletubbies.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

… we can observe the progression over there and fight against such laws over here.

Or, we can fight for them, depending on the particular law, how it works out, why it works (or doesn't), and how similar/dissimilar the US is in the relevant contexts.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Dude, do you really think that banning paintball will have any effect?

I can 100% absolutely say it will have an effect. How big of an effect is up for debate.

Again, other countries approach things differently than we in the US do. Some things seem to work quite well for them too.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people think the US has all the right answers on every issue. Clearly it doesn't.
quade -

I can't for the life of me figure out why people think the US has all the right answers on every issue. Clearly it doesn't.

Believe me, I don't think that. There are plenty of areas where I'd like to see the US follow the lead of some other places. But banning paintball just seems silly (and paranoid) to me.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Banning activities such as paintballing and similiar may have the opposite effect to the reasoning behind their banning. . .

It's nothing more than a political knee-jerk reaction, as usual.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I can 100% absolutely say it will have an effect. How big of an effect is up for debate.

And so does the flapping wings of a butterfly. But it's a waste of our time to consider that an effect.

Banning paintball will have no tangible effect on gun violence in Germany, or anywhere else. And if anything, it encourages lousy shooting, not better. The smallest hopper I ever saw held 50 rounds. A couple hundred was more typical.

And so does the flapping wings of a butterfly. But it's a waste of our time to consider that an effect.

Banning paintball will have no tangible effect on gun violence in Germany, or anywhere else. And if anything, it encourages lousy shooting, not better. The smallest hopper I ever saw held 50 rounds. A couple hundred was more typical.

So the effect is too small to consider, but if you were to consider it, it would ONLY make things worse.

Riiiight.
quade -

2) The same thing is possible here.

Different countries have different cultures and laws for different reasons than the US.

How do you not get that by now?

You make absolutely no sense in the context of this entire thread.
www.FourWheelerHB.com