GQ_jumper

Obesity

Now why the hell would you go and do that? Now I need to feel as guilty going to in and out as I do McD's? You suck. >:(

Cheese and "special" sauce will always be bad. I didn't check on the fries, but I would think InNOut has some gain there, or at least they're fresher for the same calories.

I've had the double-double animal style--just not the fries, and I'm having trouble imagining what that means.

The Bonfire might be able to assist you more appropriately colorfully...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

In a conversation about diet, the Double Double most certainly is not better than the Big Mac.

Well, in a conversation about diet, the garden burger is probably better than the Big Mac. :P

If it were a digestible equivalent. It's not either. Might as well be eating Soylent Green.

I recently lost 80lbs and am now at a perfect weight and BMI. I gained most of this weight after I was layed up due to traumatic brain injury. Now that I'm at a perfect weight, perhaps we can be BFF's.

One warning though. Considering your drinking habits I should tell you first that if you ever hit me with your car while driving drunk, I'll sue your fit ass for all you're worth.:|

I love it when somebody "discovers" something in their lives and then, while still under the influence of its infatuation, decides that virtually everyone else on the planet should think exactly like him.

It makes me giggle.

Not just you GQ . . . I see all sorts of people do this and it cracks me up every time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I love it when somebody "discovers" something in their lives and then, while still under the influence of its infatuation, decides that virtually everyone else on the planet should think exactly like him.

It makes me giggle.

Not just you GQ . . . I see all sorts of people do this and it cracks me up every time.

A huge example we are always exposed to would be newbies just discovering skydiving and they won't shut up about it to their friends and family

not as 'valued' as improving one's personal health, but more visible to us

other examples of someone discovering something and trying to force it on others:

religion
enviromentalistic fanatacism
etc
etc
etc

since the left is currently incharge, these can all be legislated and enforce for 'free', though, so that's nice :)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It makes me giggle.

A huge example we are always exposed to would be newbies just discovering skydiving and they won't shut up about it to their friends and family.

Even better, and more relevant to the latter part of your post, is when they then decide that "everyone should skydive."
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hey Dan!

How have you been?

Doing good I hope.

I am an overweight asshole...200lbs overweight and boy do my knees know it.

Remember there are people that are overweight due to a lack of control, also remember there are people who are overweight because things have happened that were out of their control.

Some of them need encouragement, some need a foot up their ass, but some need a bit of understanding.

I have a friend who is morbidly obese and he is trying, but with the COPD, Emphysema, Chronic Heart Failure, and Stroke he is not able to do much about it except mild exercise/eat less.

How does it feel to no longer be a trigger nigger?B|

There will be days you miss it and there will be days you remember how hard it was and how much it could suck.

Especially when you get older and your body hurts bad.

I thought about this thread this morning on my early morning flight to London. I was sitting in the aisle seat on the emergency row when a morbidly obease American lady came and sat down in the middle seat next to me. She couldn't fit properly in the seat and was overlapping quite a bit. Then she started talking to anyone who would listen about how 'damn hot this plane is>:(' It was warm but to her with so much insulation it must have been unbearable. I thought about it and realised that there was no way on God's green earth (or blue sky) that this woman would be able to get out of the emergency escape door if she we had to. Which made her a risk to everyone on the plane. I thought about saying something when I realised that she was unable to do up her seatbelt (which she hid from the stewardess by covering her lap with a coat (that they asked her twice to stowe)). She was also not very tall and so she had almost a foot of space between her knees and the hard backed seat in front of her. I realised that in the event of a forced landing she would almost certainly go flying off her seat into the chair in front and the force would go up her femurs and break her pelvis (I've seen this before in an obese female patient who had the same thing happen to her when a taxi made an emergency stop, she was left with an open book fracture of her pelvis) so I didn't say anything as in that scenario she would be on the floor unable to stand and I could simply go over the top of her to get to the exit.

Still, its a piss poor situation when the Flight attendents don't ask people who are that obese to move out of the emergency exit due to the fact that they might be offended.:S

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You'd be amazed at how many yuppie parents of fatso lardass kids will meet her and tell her she's "too skinny".

I've gotten that all my life "You're so thin, have you lost weight, you need to eat."

I've been between 185 and 195 since I was 18, yet damn near everytime I meet family they say "You've lost weight, you need to eat."

If I had truly lost weight every time I'd heard that, I'd have disappeared years ago.:D
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

If i want to be fat that is my choice to make!!!!!!!!!! What does it matter to anyone else, especially the government!!! Guess what....people die skydiving so should we start regulating that. Protecting people from themselves?

I agree. I have nothing against people being overweight, or fat, or obese; though some of the criteria I've seen for determining such is pretty harsh. (I believe the charts used by many insurance companies would classify me as overweight, which is a fucking joke).

It's a matter of choice, and I choose to remain thin. What I do discount is all the whining. If a person is OK with taking in more than they burn - their choice. Just don't tell me their isn't a choice, or whine about not being able to influence the outcome. The percentage of people who truly can not influence their weight is very small.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

this love for butter sandwiches might explain the fucked up practice in Canada of mayonaise on fries and burgers.

Holy fucking shit! Are you kidding?

That's almost as bad as ketchup on pork. Gross.

Here in Detroit there's a place called Marcus Burgers...They're deep fried and come in two variations, Squeezed and Unsqueezed....:D

Hardened arteries indeed!

Sounds like a place I saw advertised, I believe it was called the Heart Attack Grill. Why would anyone go to these places? Does anybody actually feel good after eating 3 pounds of grease.

Only reason I could see to go would be the waitrons. Definitely an artery-hardening sight.

?

It's a matter of choice, and I choose to remain thin. What I do discount is all the whining. If a person is OK with taking in more than they burn - their choice. Just don't tell me their isn't a choice, or whine about not being able to influence the outcome..

It sounds like you have been skinny all your life. What do you really know about weight loss, or the problem of obesity?

It may be a choice to remain at a certain weight, for most people. For many it isn't as simple as that. It is like telling an alcoholic or drug addict that the solution is simple....just quit using or drinking. What could be simpler than that.

But the problem isn't simple. Many people are out of control. Many want to quit eating, but they can't. Some are suffering from deep seated problems from the past. They can escape some of that hurt by drinking and doing drugs. For many people eating changes how they feel. This can become something powerful and addictive in their life.

It's also interesting the predjudice that many people have toward fat people. Many people think fat people must certainly be lazy and no good.....right? After all they aren't skinny like me, so I must be better than they are.....I think some of this thinking can be seen in many of these posts....

I agree. I have nothing against people being overweight, or fat, or obese; though some of the criteria I've seen for determining such is pretty harsh. (I believe the charts used by many insurance companies would classify me as overweight, which is a fucking joke).

It's a matter of choice, and I choose to remain thin.

Or perhaps not - I haven't been able to get a straight answer on the utility of BMI for athletes. That is, is there still a health consequence from carrying extra muscle? We do know that lower calories lifestyles are associated with a longer, if less pleasant lifespan. By lower, I mean say 1500 cal/day instead of 2500. This is a much less active lifestyle.

As for the use of ketchup on pork - the versatility of tomatoes is unquestionable and healthy. Be it in slice form on a burger, in diced form (salsa) on a sausage, or smashed (ketchup) on a hot dog, there's no losing combination.

Whereas mayonaise is just extra fat calories with no worthwhile contribution whatsoever. There's already sufficient fat and protein in the meat.

As for the use of ketchup on pork - the versatility of tomatoes is unquestionable and healthy. Be it in slice form on a burger, in diced form (salsa) on a sausage, or smashed (ketchup) on a hot dog, there's no losing combination.

Whereas mayonaise is just extra fat calories with no worthwhile contribution whatsoever. There's already sufficient fat and protein in the meat.

Just for fun....

Ketchup contains loads of added sugars. In fact, Ketchup's only contribution is extra sugar, and some marginal amount of Vit C.

Mayo on the other end is often made with canola oil with contains monounsaturated fatty acids (just like olive oil) and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (just like flax seed oil). And protein from egg yokes, along with all the Vitamins that are in thh yoke (A, B's, D, K.
Remster

but you still have the skinny fucks who sit on the couch and do nothing, but stay thin. My cycling buddy fits that mold.

am i the only one that sees the flaw in this statement?

Back when I was in college, there was a snafu on living arrangements made for me on a summer intership and I went from being a 295 lb couch potato to having to cycle 30 miles a day 6 days a week through the Front Range. By about the fourth week, my weight stabilized at 280 so vigorous cycling is not a guarantee for massive weight loss.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

You'd be amazed at how many yuppie parents of fatso lardass kids will meet her and tell her she's "too skinny".

I've gotten that all my life "You're so thin, have you lost weight, you need to eat."

I've been between 185 and 195 since I was 18, yet damn near everytime I meet family they say "You've lost weight, you need to eat."

If I had truly lost weight every time I'd heard that, I'd have disappeared years ago.:D

Yeah, but you are too thin and need to eat :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It's also interesting the predjudice that many people have toward fat people. ....

I've seen a lot of prejudice in the DZ.com forums toward thin people. A lot more than the prejudice to fat people. And it's all PC, and it's very, very cruel.

Show a pic of a model? Watch all the ugly comments and slurs to anorexia, etc. Even when it's an atheletic model. I think it's just a bunch of desparate lonely men kissing up to fatties. yeah, that's it, going with the odds.

I'm just not really impressed with the negative writing to both groups. But why do we feel we have to slam the thin or fit? Is it some form of reparation mentality? I don't get that.

Though I'm biased to, I'm a bit tired of excuses from the majority of the overweight. When everybody makes excuses, it really is hard to accept the legitimate excuses of the segment that really can't help it - without a bit dose of skepticism.