downwardspiral

Palin Rejects 31% of Stimulus $$$

And what Alaska State law would that be, pray tell? Just state code chapter will be sufficient, thanks.

Who said anything about a law? You do realise that it takes more than the wish or whim of a givernor to get something codified, right?

So, penniless was talking through his hat about Palin "forcing" women to bear children, since there is no law codifying it.

Thanks for confirming that.

The one that Palin wants to force to bear the child of her rapist.

It's an easy word Mike, I'm surprised you don't know what it means.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So, penniless was talking through his hat about Palin "forcing" women to bear children, since there is no law codifying it.

Well, penniless did say "wants to force" not "is forcing."

Though, despite Palin's stated opinion of thinking that abortion should be illegal even for rape/incest victims, I seriously doubt that she wants to force them to bear the rapist's child. I think she just sees it as a less bad choice in such a situation.

(I don't agree with her.)

If you'd like to discuss abortion for rape victims then we can. The conversation between rhys and I was about choice abortion by a young couple because it was a mistake.

No that is the topic you chose to focus on, the conversation is about how stupid and hypocritical Sarah Palin’s policies are and also those that choose to follow them, or rather those that the policies are created for, to gather popularity from.

If you believe in pro life then you should not believe in more funding for an aggressive, uncalculated military that kills living people left right and centre. If you believe in less regulation you should not believe in so call pro life (Anti choice)

To do so is hypocritical and FUCKING STUPID

That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

You may believe I am a murderer for terminating the foetus that I conceived all those years ago, but you do not consider GWB and his administration murderers for telling fabricated lies and sending the boys (and Girls) of to die for them, and killing and inflicting suffer on millions of innocent people.
You believe in stronger funding for the US military by the same party that has wasted so many billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

For that you are condoning murder.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

[
According to Gallup, the vast majority thinks abortion should only be legal in few circumstances.

Reference?

Blues,
Dave

Gallup

2nd request: How about a link that shows "a vast majority" want abortion illegal for RAPE or INCEST victims, like Palin does.

mnealtx - please note the word "WANT".
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Oh, I saw the content of your message. I just think it's a good idea to use proper spelling and grammar if you're going to talk about how un-intelligent someone else is. But that's just me. I don't think less of you as a person because of it; I'm just pointing out the irony.

Just as well I am not running for 2ic then huh;)

You see, there is a difference between intellegence and spelling/grammar/typing ability.

These are skills that are separate to ones ability to problem solve, invent, manufacture, compete, and succeed.

Do you think richard Richard Branson is not intellectual?

How about these guys;

http://www.dyslexia.com/qafame.htm ?

I would expect the Vice presedent to have a high level of intellect and to be able to compose themselves in a professional manner, but i do not expect intellegent people to be absolutely correct when spelling or typing when these skills are irrelevant to the subject they are offering advice on.

But that is my opinion and obviously not yours.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

2nd request: How about a link that shows "a vast majority" want abortion illegal for RAPE or INCEST victims, like Palin does.

And as Governor of Alaska, she could do the same for the state as you all CLAIM she would do for the country.

Opinion != law.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>she could do the same for the state as you all CLAIM she would do for
>the country.

Actually, it was Palin who was claiming she would do it for the country. Perhaps you could take it up with her.

Cite, please. Again, opinion != legislation.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Cite, please.

Q: If senator John Doe put forth an amendment that would ban abortion, even in cases of rape or incest, and he asked you to attend the announcement and support him in doing that, would you do it?

PALIN: I would. I would. And you know, it's no secret that I'm pro-life. And I don't hide that, nor am I ashamed of that, and I am pro-life... and yes, a proposal like that, I would stand by it.

And as Governor of Alaska, she could do the same for the state as you all CLAIM she would do for the country.

No Mike, what she would want to do. You're avoiding that word like you're allergic.

Opinion != law.

Well damn, I'm glad you've finally realised that, because you were the only one claiming they were the same.

How would you feel if a state governor running for President said that he wanted all guns to be illegal? Would you give him a pass on that just because he hadn't banned guns completely in his own state?

Opinion != law.

It must really bother you that she holds such an extreme and unpopular opinion or you would not keep trying to weasel-word around it.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

[
According to Gallup, the vast majority thinks abortion should only be legal in few circumstances.

Reference?

Blues,
Dave

Gallup

It appears on that page that only 40% think abortion should be "legal in a few circumstance", which would not constitute a majority, much less a vast majority. 54% do think it should be legal under certain circumstances, which would be a majority, though not particularly vast. I suspect this group includes those who oppose third trimester abortions as a matter of convenience.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You know, as much as I am glad Palin is not a heartbeat away from the presidency, I'd miss her if she faded away. She's pretty, she's entertaining and Alaskans love her - and she's a great mayor and a decent governor.

I was reminded of this today when I saw Joe the Plumber's latest exposition on politics and gay rights:

=================
Q: In the last month, same-sex marriage has become legal in Iowa and Vermont. What do you think about same-sex marriage at a state level?

JOE: At a state level, it's up to them. I don't want it to be a federal thing. I personally still think it's wrong. People don't understand the dictionary—it's called queer. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do—what man and woman are for. Now, at the same time, we're supposed to love everybody and accept people, and preach against the sins. I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing.
=================

Glad he's not in charge of anything, but fun to hear him talk.

How would you feel if a state governor Senator running for President said that he wanted all guns to be illegal? Would you give him a pass on that just because he hadn't banned guns completely in his own state?

You mean like the current administration?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do—what man and woman are for.

It's interesting how God could be so explicit w/r/t homosexuality but not provide the first bit of evidence of his/her own existence. :o:)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

How would you feel if a state governor Senator running for President said that he wanted all guns to be illegal? Would you give him a pass on that just because he hadn't banned guns completely in his own state?

If you answer the question you can make it about anyone you want.

No, I would not vote for that person.

Of course, Palin hasn't voted for any anti-abortion bills that I've seen, while Obama voted 'yea' for every gun-control bill that came up in the Senate (at least when he was there to vote).

Actions speak louder than words.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If you'd like to discuss abortion for rape victims then we can. The conversation between rhys and I was about choice abortion by a young couple because it was a mistake.

No that is the topic you chose to focus on, ....

Of all the things I listed at your request, you chose to focus on abortion and a story from your personal life. I have not once even critisized you for your choice. In fact, I specifically said I wouldn't comment on your story because it was the decision you and you girlfriend made.

If you believe in pro life then you should not believe in more funding for an aggressive, uncalculated military that kills living people left right and centre. If you believe in less regulation you should not believe in so call pro life (Anti choice)

Military members voluntarily choose to join. Invalid comparison.

To do so is hypocritical and FUCKING STUPID

If you're pro-choice, the choice to end life, then you should support any military's decision to use force. By your logic, opposing military action and being pro-choice is also hypocritical. I'll spare the capitalized cursing, though.

That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Absolutely. But I guess my opinion is just fucking stupid, right?

You may believe I am a murderer for terminating the foetus that I conceived all those years ago, but you do not consider GWB and his administration murderers for telling fabricated lies and sending the boys (and Girls) of to die for them, and killing and inflicting suffer on millions of innocent people.
You believe in stronger funding for the US military by the same party that has wasted so many billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

For that you are condoning murder.

As are you.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

[

Reference?

Blues,
Dave

Gallup

I said the vast majority only support abortion in few circumstances and Palin would fit into that category of the poll. My point was that she isn't a fringe right extremist in her views. If you want to show a poll on people's opion of abortion in cases of rape, then please do.

Excellent. So you understand why people make a deal about what Palin says she wants to be national law, even if she has not yet enacted such a law at the state level?

It's been a long hard road, but I think we've finally got you onto the same page as everyone else. Well done Mike.

[

Reference?

Blues,
Dave

Gallup

It appears on that page that only 40% think abortion should be "legal in a few circumstance", which would not constitute a majority, much less a vast majority. 54% do think it should be legal under certain circumstances, which would be a majority, though not particularly vast. I suspect this group includes those who oppose third trimester abortions as a matter of convenience.

Blues,
Dave

My bad for being vague in my use of the term vast majority.

The closest runner up to 40% and 54% was 28% in both cases.

54% over 28, 17, and 2. 40% over 28, 13, 17, and 3.

Maybe 'vast majority' is the wrong phrase. How about, 'Only In Few Circumstances' was the overwhelming choice for those polled.

You know, as much as I am glad Palin is not a heartbeat away from the presidency, I'd miss her if she faded away. She's pretty, she's entertaining and Alaskans love her - and she's a great mayor and a decent governor.

I was reminded of this today when I saw Joe the Plumber's latest exposition on politics and gay rights:

=================
Q: In the last month, same-sex marriage has become legal in Iowa and Vermont. What do you think about same-sex marriage at a state level?

JOE: At a state level, it's up to them. I don't want it to be a federal thing. I personally still think it's wrong. People don't understand the dictionary—it's called queer. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do—what man and woman are for. Now, at the same time, we're supposed to love everybody and accept people, and preach against the sins. I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing.
=================

Glad he's not in charge of anything, but fun to hear him talk.

Yeah, what a dick. Even though he disagrees with their decision, he thinks the marriage laws should be controled at the state level. Even though he disagrees with homsexuality because he is Christian, his faith also teaches love and understanding.

How dare we have people like that?

Excellent. So you understand why people make a deal about what Palin says she wants to be national law, even if she has not yet enacted such a law at the state level?

It's been a long hard road, but I think we've finally got you onto the same page as everyone else. Well done Mike.

I'd prefer that you NOT mis-quote me, thanks very much. I do NOT agree with you and stated why in my response.

Palin HAS had the opportunity to enact law and has not, regardless of her opinion. Obama HAS voted for anti-2nd amendment law. That s the difference, and is why I said actions speak louder than words.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah, what a dick. Even though he disagrees with their decision, he thinks the marriage laws should be controled at the state level. Even though he disagrees with homsexuality because he is Christian, his faith also teaches love and understanding.

How dare we have people like that?

Yeah, he's so understanding that he thinks it's dangerous for the queers to have access to children. What a guy!