downwardspiral

Palin Rejects 31% of Stimulus $$$

being gay is wrong in alot of peoples eyes just like being a criminal is wrong. when following the teachings of most religions it is wrong.

Right. Those people being bigots, and those teachings being bigotted.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

3. Are you seriously comparing homosexuals to rapists and murderers? :S

they are all sins in most religions

Well, if your religion is teaching you that homosexuality is on par with rape and murder (and you are buying it), then that's pretty sad.

being gay is wrong in alot of peoples eyes just like being a criminal is wrong. when following the teachings of most religions it is wrong.

Right. Those people being bigots, and those teachings being bigotted.

so anyone that doesn't believe as you do is a bigot.

>so anyone that doesn't believe as you do is a bigot.

?? Nope. People who believe that a group (homosexuals, blacks, jews) is inferior based purely on that one characteristic, and who take offense when they try to live a normal life, are bigots. That's sort of the definition.

Of course not. That's just silly talk. No, people who think that people sexually attracted to their own gender are as bad as convicted violent criminals, or indeed any criminals, are bigots.

>so anyone that doesn't believe as you do is a bigot.

?? Nope. People who believe that a group (homosexuals, blacks, jews) is inferior based purely on that one characteristic, and who take offense when they try to live a normal life, are bigots. That's sort of the definition.

Ohhh....

I get it. all those who are slamming Christians are bigots and are bigoted!

Or does it not work both ways?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>all those who are slamming Christians are bigots and are bigoted!

Yes! Now you've got it. Anyone who slams Christians based purely on the fact that they're Christian (or, more accurately, who believes Christians are inferior and who takes offense at them living a normal life) is a bigot.

Of course not. That's just silly talk. No, people who think that people sexually attracted to their own gender are as bad as convicted violent criminals, or indeed any criminals, are bigots.

the bible doesn't (as far as I know) say what sins are better or worse, just that they are sins. therefor sinning is bad according to the bible and being gay is a sin. we are not talking laws but religious beliefs. In the eyes of the law yes, but the discussion was about values and beliefs, not laws.

>all those who are slamming Christians are bigots and are bigoted!

Yes! Now you've got it. Anyone who slams Christians based purely on the fact that they're Christian (or, more accurately, who believes Christians are inferior and who takes offense at them living a normal life) is a bigot.

Well, I think Christians should be allowed to marry, so I guess I'm not a bigot.

Well, if your religion is teaching you that homosexuality is on par with rape and murder (and you are buying it), then that's pretty sad.

If it's a Judeo-Christian religion, then it is teaching that homosexuality is on par with rape, murder, and eating a shrimp cocktail. And yet, nobody is arguing for a ban on Red Lobster Amendment. Odd.

If it's a Judeo-Christian religion, then it is teaching that homosexuality is on par with rape, murder, and eating a shrimp cocktail. And yet, nobody is arguing for a ban on Red Lobster Amendment. Odd.

The people who should REALLY be afraid are those who wear silk underwear and polyester.. that right there should be punished biblically. Leviticus 19:19

the bible doesn't (as far as I know) say what sins are better or worse, just that they are sins. therefor sinning is bad according to the bible and being gay is a sin. we are not talking laws but religious beliefs. In the eyes of the law yes, but the discussion was about values and beliefs, not laws

"It's my religion" is not an excuse. It doesn't get you a free pass. It doesn't make bigotry OK. Someone who thinks that being gay is comparable to committing rape because God says so is still a bigot.

I'll answer your question if you answer mine. If someone didn't want negroes near his children, and didn't want them marrying into good white families - does that make him a bigot?

Yes, I would because being black isn't a choice or a lifestyle.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

I'll answer your question if you answer mine. If someone didn't want negroes near his children, and didn't want them marrying into good white families - does that make him a bigot?

Yes, I would because being black isn't a choice or a lifestyle.

Did you choose your sexual orientation?