downwardspiral

Palin Rejects 31% of Stimulus $$$

Yes, we all know that you won't answer a direct question - that is very clear.

To use "we all know" is incorrect as everyone would have to agree with you for it to be true. Since everyone does not, your statement is wrong. And to quote you "that is very clear":P
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Sucks to be y'all, then - I've made myself sufficiently clear.

I answered it several times - the fact that you and jakee didn't like the answer does not make it invalid.

Sorry to bust your bubble.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You have not produced one AT ALL, despite being asked several times.

I posted a poll from a reliable source that supported my claim. You posted an old dizzy.com poll. If you have something remotely reliable to back your claimes then please post. I'd be happy to read it.

Your "few circumstances" in the Gallup polls INCLUDE rape and incest.

Please copy and paste where it says that anywhere on the gallup poll page.

The numbers from Gallup match the FOX poll where it was explicitly mentioned:

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics Poll. Oct. 23-24, 2007. N=900 registered voters nationwide.

"Please tell me if you think abortion should be legal or illegal in each of the following situations . . . ."

"If the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest"

Legal Illegal Unsure
% % %

10/23-24/07 70 21 9

2/28 - 3/1/06 74 21 6

And that is from FOX:P

A CBS News Poll. Oct. 12-16, 2007. N=1,143 registered voters nationwide showed 76% of Americans would allow abortion in cases of rape or incest

A NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Neil Newhouse (R). April 20-23, 2007. N=1,004 adults showed 85% of adult Americans in favor of allowing abortion in cases of rape or incest.

A Pew Research Center for the People & the Press and Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life survey conducted by Schulman, Ronca & Bucuvalas (SRBI). July 6-19, 2006. N=996 adults showed 81% in favor of allowing abortions in cases of rape or incest.

A Time Poll conducted by Abt SRBI. July 31-Aug. 4, 2008. N=808 likely voters nationwide showed 86% in favor of allowing abortions is cases of rape or incest.

CLEARLY Palin's extreme position is out of touch with the American public (as is yours).
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

> I said his opinion is different than yours so you think he's a bigot.

If someone said that he didn't mind blacks, he just didn't want negroes marrying into good white families and didn't want them near his children - would you consider him a bigot? Or would you consider him open minded?

>Reading my ENTIRE answer would have made it plain that I consider
>Obama's voting record ample proof that he *will*, in fact, sign any
>anti-2nd legislation that makes it to his desk.

EXCELLENT! Now we're getting somewhere! You admit he has never signed anything that "implements law banning guns" - just as Palin has never signed any law that implements a ban on abortion.

Palin, however, has said as clearly as she could that if someone proposed a law outlawing all abortion in all cases she would support it. That means that she will, in fact, sign any anti-abortion legislation that makes it to her desk.

Obama, on the other hand, has never said that he would ban all guns, and you are basing your opinion that he might on your opinion of his voting record.

>Now, is that sufficiently clear for you . . .

It is indeed. Thank you for clearing that up.

Then make the question fucking reflect reality. Palin hasn't signed any laws restricting abortion, because there have been no laws restricting abortion passed by the Alaska legislature (thank you, Shotgun, for the correction), so your 'because they haven't completely banned guns' is BULLSHIT.

No Mike, it makes it exactly the fucking same.

Conversely, Obama *has* voted for anti-2nd legislature as a Senator, so he's saying one thing and doing another (actions speak louder than words) - can you grasp the difference? Can you see how your question, as stated, applies to Obama and not Palin?

I don't care what you think about Obama, this isn't about Obama. This is about you doing the best you can to claim that what Palin says she would do isn't important, when we all know that if a politician said something similar about one of your hot button topics (i.e. gun control) you would throw a fucking shit fit about it. That's the reason you can't directly answer the question, you would either have to lie, or admit that your argument is bogus.

Take 7: How would you feel if a state governor thinking of running for President said, in answer to a question about whether he/she would support a measure banning all guns, "I would. And you know, it's no secret that I'm anti-gun."? Would you give him a pass on that just because he hadn't banned guns completely in his own state?

C'mon Mike, answer the question. Tell me straight that if a politician said that he would support any gun control measure because he was anti-gun you wouldn't think it relevant, because it's just words. Tell me that, I dare ya.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If it doesn't, then why do black people use the term all the time?

Nigger is a derivative from a word that simply means black, and queer does mean strange. But we all know that the intention behind the use of those words by a bunch of straight white guys is, for the most part, not complimentary.

As for the tendency for hated/marginalised groups to co-opt the language of their oppression, I don't know, I'm not a sociologist. Probably something to do taking control of it. I'm sure there are loads of articles in loads of journals if you're really interested.

No, you just dodge and weave.

No, he did answer the question. It was just not the response that was wanted.

answer
–noun
1. a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc

So Mike2, since you've chosen a definition of 'answer' that absolves the answerer of the need to actually give a direct, well, answer to the point of the question then you must agree that Mike1 has in fact been dodging away from doing that. Sure, he's responded, but he's not actually resolved the question.

Disagreement also does not equal "You can't come near my kids, you sinful queer."

Keep spinning dude, keep spinning.

Again, you're the only one calling names. He didn't call anyone a queer in that statement.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

"Please tell me if you think abortion should be legal or illegal in each of the following situations . . . ."

"If the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest"

Legal Illegal Unsure
% % %

10/23-24/07 70 21 9

2/28 - 3/1/06 74 21 6

And that is from FOX:P

Excellent! See, that wasn't so tough. 21% said it should still be illegal. Are you calling all 21% of those polled extremists?

CLEARLY Palin's extreme position is out of touch with the American public (as is yours).

You have no idea what my position is.

If someone said that he didn't mind blacks, he just didn't want negroes marrying into good white families and didn't want them near his children - would you consider him a bigot? Or would you consider him open minded?

The neighbor kid down the street sits on his all day and has no direction in life. If I don't want my kid hanging out him am I a lazyphobe? Does it mean I automatically hate directionless people or could it possibly mean I just don't want my kid hanging around him?

The neighbor kid down the street sits on his all day and has no direction in life. If I don't want my kid hanging out him am I a lazyphobe? Does it mean I automatically hate directionless people or could it possibly mean I just don't want my kid hanging around him?

wow
Remster

He didn't say that he wouldn't want his kids hanging out with homosexuals. He said, "I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children." (emphasis mine) Which makes me wonder why he would even want to be friends with anyone who he feels that way about (assuming he actually does have homosexual friends, which I sort of doubt).

Anyhow, with as much attention as he's still getting six months after the election, I think I smell a running mate for Palin in 2012! But maybe he could change his name to "Joe the Six-pack Plumber" or something like that.

He didn't say that he wouldn't want his kids hanging out with homosexuals. He said, "I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children." (emphasis mine) Which makes me wonder why he would even want to be friends with anyone who he feels that way about (assuming he actually does have homosexual friends, which I sort of doubt).

Anyhow, with as much attention as he's still getting six months after the election, I think I smell a running mate for Palin in 2012! But maybe he could change his name to "Joe the Six-pack Plumber" or something like that.

I don't want my kids anywhere near a rapist or a murderer, does that make me a bigot? just because he wants to instill his values on his kids and doesn't want other's values that he feels are wrong impressed on his kids doesn't make him a bigot, just a concerned parent that wants his kids to have a good and stable childhood with good values. to bad more people don't do this.

Disagreement also does not equal "You can't come near my kids, you sinful queer."

Keep spinning dude, keep spinning.

Again, you're the only one calling names. He didn't call anyone a queer in that statement.

Yes, he did. He called gay people queers. "People don't understand the dictionary—it's called queer." 'It', in this case, being the state of being gay. He then used the definition of queer to 'prove' that being gay is strange and unusual.

I don't want my kids anywhere near a rapist or a murderer, does that make me a bigot?

No, but thinking that being gay is anything like being a rapist or a murderer would definitely make you a bigot.

I don't want my kids anywhere near a rapist or a murderer, does that make me a bigot?

No, but thinking that being gay is anything like being a rapist or a murderer would definitely make you a bigot.

being gay is wrong in alot of peoples eyes just like being a criminal is wrong. when following the teachings of most religions it is wrong.

Sucks to be y'all, then - I've made myself sufficiently clear.

I answered it several times - the fact that you and jakee didn't like the answer does not make it invalid.

Sorry to bust your bubble.

You didn't answer his question, you answered some other question that wasn't asked. His question required nothing more than a simple yes or no, something you're obviously unwilling to give.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't want my kids anywhere near a rapist or a murderer, does that make me a bigot? just because he wants to instill his values on his kids and doesn't want other's values that he feels are wrong impressed on his kids doesn't make him a bigot, just a concerned parent that wants his kids to have a good and stable childhood with good values. to bad more people don't do this.

1. I didn't call anyone a bigot.

2. He says he has homosexual "friends" but then he says he doesn't want then anywhere near his children. Doesn't make much sense to me. Why be friends with someone you think is so horrible? (Do you have murderer and rapist friends who you don't want anywhere near your children?)

3. Are you seriously comparing homosexuals to rapists and murderers? :S

1. I didn't call anyone a bigot.

2. He says he has homosexual "friends" but then he says he doesn't want then anywhere near his children. Doesn't make much sense to me. Why be friends with someone you think is so horrible? (Do you have murderer and rapist friends who you don't want anywhere near your children?)

3. Are you seriously comparing homosexuals to rapists and murderers? :S

they are all sins in most religions