downwardspiral

Palin Rejects 31% of Stimulus $$$

With all the attention she's still getting 6 MONTHS after the election, the lefties must still be running scared of her in 2012...

Yep. She has an attention-grabbing personality and appearance. And I think she has a somewhat decent chance of being the Republican nominee and possibly even winning in 2012, especially if she chooses someone as far right as herself for a running mate (hmm, Miss California, perhaps? :P). And of course, that would depend on how Obama's doing at that time.

Heck, I hope she runs!

Me too, that silly mole gave us quite a few laughs.

She gave Obama the golden ticket to the white house.

Thise who think she might have a chance of winning are kidding themselves,

:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yep. She has an attention-grabbing personality and appearance. And I think she has a somewhat decent chance of being the Republican nominee and possibly even winning in 2012, especially if she chooses someone as far right as herself for a running mate (hmm, Miss California, perhaps? :P). And of course, that would depend on how Obama's doing at that time.

The question is, why would anybody want her to win? Do her supporters actually think she is the right person for the job or is it simply short sighted political vindictiveness?
I for one am hoping that the neo-neo-republican party reinvents itself using a different model, hopefully a pre-Gingrichian one.

Heck, I hope she runs!

+1 I really, really hope she does. It would be better than Dan Quayle running.

I recall telling my friends in 2000, "man, I can't believe they nominated that idiot. What were they thinking? He'll never win the election". Boy, did I misunderestimate the 'Merican public on that one.[:/]

With all the attention she's still getting 6 MONTHS after the election, the lefties must still be running scared of her in 2012...

That would be great.. there could be a whole lot more little head thinking from all the repubicans here.

I don't think Caribou Barbie would select someone like Miss CA though... she could not handle sharing the limelight with anohter woman who is younger and more attractive.

Do her supporters actually think she is the right person for the job or is it simply short sighted political vindictiveness?

I think that most of the people who specifically support her probably think she is the right person for the job.

I for one am hoping that the neo-neo-republican party reinvents itself using a different model, hopefully a pre-Gingrichian one.

Yeah, but it would be even nicer if we could get away from this two-party thing and have some better choices.

Yeah, but it would be even nicer if we could get away from this two-party thing and have some better choices.

As long as we have the attempts to sharply delineate the differences between the parties, and more particularly to use the "if you're not with us you're against us" paradigm, that's unlikely. A multi-party system is far more likely to require compromise, and right now that's a dirty word.

Dammit.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm running short on time so I only skimmed the article. I think the arguments against accepting the aid are well crafted, and quite possibly sincere. However, when Alaska starts turning away Federal funds it's likely either a sign of the Apocalypse or more likely, political opportunism.

She is most certainly grandstanding and setting herself up for a run at the Oval Office in 2012. However I do feel her moves are sincere.

I believe her best oppertunity is not the POTUS but as a Junior Senator from Alaska.

I'm running short on time so I only skimmed the article. I think the arguments against accepting the aid are well crafted, and quite possibly sincere. However, when Alaska starts turning away Federal funds it's likely either a sign of the Apocalypse or more likely, political opportunism.

She is most certainly grandstanding and setting herself up for a run at the Oval Office in 2012. However I do feel her moves are sincere.

I believe her best oppertunity is not the POTUS but as a Junior Senator from Alaska.

Actually I think she and her husband ( and a whole bunch of their fellow travellers) would like her to be the First Premier of the Democratic Republic of Alaska.

>why would anybody want her to win?

Because many people make political decisions primarily based on their hatred towards the other side. She is not "the other guy" therefore she is better, period.

Wasn't that a key part of Obama's campaign? "I'm not a Republican like GW."

I hope she isn't the 2012 candidate. The conservatives need a fresh start with a strong leader. I like her but don't think she'd win.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>Wasn't that a key part of Obama's campaign? "I'm not a Republican like GW."

Yes, he definitely played to that. "I'm not a Republican" was all you needed to say in the last election to get elected. That will last another few years until the GOP recovers from its drubbing and gets its act together again.

>Wasn't that a key part of Obama's campaign? "I'm not a Republican like GW."

Yes, he definitely played to that. "I'm not a Republican" was all you needed to say in the last election to get elected. That will last another few years until the GOP recovers from its drubbing and gets its act together again.

Agreed

As long as we have the attempts to sharply delineate the differences between the parties, and more particularly to use the "if you're not with us you're against us" paradigm, that's unlikely. A multi-party system is far more likely to require compromise, and right now that's a dirty word.

I see that as part of the issue, but I also see it as a way to skirt term limits. Term limits help reduce political corruption, but they also allow the ideals to continue. If you side with certain issues, you don't have to worry if your candidate is term limited - just vote for the next person in line, and you will get nearly the same agenda.

It also explains why in this many years, we've been so reluctant to face our real problems - the parties want to ensure power by avoiding the issues that make us face inconvenient truths, and have only unpopular solutions.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I like her but don't think she'd win.

seriously, what do you like about her?

I'm a conservative so naturally a lot of our views and values line up. The reasons I like her are probably the same reasons you don't like her, politically speaking. I don't think she has what it takes to win the nomination or lead the party, though.

I'm a conservative so naturally a lot of our views and values line up. The reasons I like her are probably the same reasons you don't like her, politically speaking. I don't think she has what it takes to win the nomination or lead the party, though.

A rather vague answer.

Give an example or two about policies or anything that you agree on with her.

I don't know what you would call me (politically) I don't like to slot myself in any genre as I am open to suggestion at any point (as everyone should be).

She seems very dipsy, not very well educated and we'll quite sheltered.

She also made the republican party look bloody stupid in last years election, and was an embaressment to the intellegence of the United States of America. I'm sure many republican would agree with me on that one.

These are my reasons for not liking her.

What are the main reasons you like her for?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Then explain how she became governor, made the ticket of a national party and draws audiences at times as large as Obama? She has a huge consistent following so she must be doing something right that such a large portion of the population agrees with. She has held the highest approval rating as a governor and just recently made the top 100 influential people list.

I don't think that you will see her on the ticket next time but I do think she will end up as a senator.

She will be a major player for the next several years within the party. She appeals to the conservative side of the party and her base keeps growing.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

A rather vague answer.

Give an example or two about policies or anything that you agree on with her.

I don't know what you would call me (politically) I don't like to slot myself in any genre as I am open to suggestion at any point (as everyone should be).

She also made the republican party look bloody stupid in last years election, and was an embaressment to the intellegence of the United States of America. I'm sure many republican would agree with me on that one.

These are my reasons for not liking her.

What are the main reasons you like her for?

My original answer was vague because I don't have a particular interest in debating why I like someone. That said, I like her traditional conservatve stances. Pro life, traditional marriage but vetoed a bill limiting homosexuals' rights, tax cuts, more drilling, funding for alternative energy, support for Israel, anti-bailout, reduced small business taxes, supports teaching evolution and intelligent design in school, believes in self-responsibility, lifetime NRA member, personal responsibility in health care, supports a strong military, no amnesty for illegals, supports the death penalty under certain circumstances, free-market over strict regulation, etc.

Your response for not liking her was shallow and lacked any politcal references. You don't like her because you think she's a ditz (it's ditzy, not dipsy). Ok. Thats fine. Doesn't really say much beyond what was portrayed in the media.

My original answer was vague because I don't have a particular interest in debating why I like someone. That said, I like her traditional conservatve stances. Pro life, traditional marriage but vetoed a bill limiting homosexuals' rights, tax cuts, more drilling, funding for alternative energy, support for Israel, anti-bailout, reduced small business taxes, supports teaching evolution and intelligent design in school, believes in self-responsibility, lifetime NRA member, personal responsibility in health care, supports a strong military, no amnesty for illegals, supports the death penalty under certain circumstances, free-market over strict regulation, etc.

These are valid reasons, 'if' you agree with them.

I won't get into too much debate about the particular policies as they can be left for another thread/post.

But Disagree with 'most' of them.

Your response for not liking her was shallow and lacked any politcal references. You don't like her because you think she's a ditz (it's ditzy, not dipsy). Ok. Thats fine. Doesn't really say much beyond what was portrayed in the media.

The repubicans played that (ditzy woman) card with the media because it gave her popularity, she wouldn't have done those silly skits and jokes if she wanted the world to take her seriously. The media need dirt to make a story, and she has plenty of it.

I (and a fair portion of the human population) had, had enough of the republican policies and negative influence they have had on global life, so I wasn't so interested in her policies to be brutally honest.

I do agree with alternative energy, but the USA only 'seemed' to become aware of the importance of alternative energy once thay had to pay for Gas what the rest of the world had been paying for a over a decade.

Alternative energy was an obvious card to play in the 2008 elections.

(it's ditzy, not dipsy)

You are obviously oblivious of the arrogance and ignorance of that comment so I won't bother correcting you on it.

Then explain how she became governor, made the ticket of a national party and draws audiences at times as large as Obama? She has a huge consistent following so she must be doing something right that such a large portion of the population agrees with. She has held the highest approval rating as a governor and just recently made the top 100 influential people list.

Now before everyone gets upset 'up in here' I like America, and plenty of americans, probabaly many millions of them.

but I think it shows how stupid high proportion of americans are.

For instance, the pro life thing, If abortion was illegal, I would have had to raise an unwanted child into poverty. Instead I didn't, my then girlfriend and I were able to have our unwanted child terminated (the term used in New Zealand). I managed to create a fun, lucrative lifestyle, I got(and will get to) to fulfill many of my aspirations and meet my soulmate. I have made myself more comfortable/independant in life which puts me in a position where I can raise a child comfortably and into a healthy lifestyle, If I wish.

Where is pro life so imortant when you can happily send your healthy young civilians to fight in a stupid war, while at the same opressing and decemating the livelehoods of millions of lives, what is pro life about that?

Hypocracy is the word that springs to mind.