downwardspiral

Palin Rejects 31% of Stimulus $$$

Oh, that's right, I forgot that you were smarter than the millionsAngelicTongue...............NOT

define intellegent!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

She seems very dipsy, not very well educated and we'll quite sheltered.

She also made the republican party look bloody stupid in last years election, and was an embaressment to the intellegence of the United States of America. I'm sure many republican would agree with me on that one.

Yikes! It's always a bad idea to have spelling and grammar mistakes when you're talking about how stupid someone else is. :D:P

>Then explain how she became governor, made the ticket of a national
>party and draws audiences at times as large as Obama?

She's gorgeous, she's folksy, she's politically savvy and she brings home the bacon for Alaska. She's also demonstrated that she's not very educated (i.e. book smart) but there's a large part of the US who looks down their noses at intelligence; thinks they're some sort of snooty elitists. She appeals strongly to these people.

but there's a large part of the US who looks down their noses at intelligence; thinks they're some sort of snooty elitists. She appeals strongly to these people.

Ok, so explain what the appeal is to the millions of educated, intelligent and respected people that stand behind her? She clearly appeals to a much broader demographic group than you describe.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

>Ok, so explain what the appeal is to the millions of educated, intelligent
>and respected people that stand behind her?

There are people who would support a yellow dog provided it was running against a democrat (or a republican.) To them, the candidate's party is the only thing they consider. In other ways they may indeed be quite intelligent, educated, thoughtful etc.

There are also people whose livelihood depends on them seeing a candidate as the best possible candidate. When your livelihood is at stake, you can be persuaded of almost anything.

There are people who would support a yellow dog provided it was running against a democrat (or a republican.) To them, the candidate's party is the only thing they consider. In other ways they may indeed be quite intelligent, educated, thoughtful etc.

There are also people whose livelihood depends on them seeing a candidate as the best possible candidate. When your livelihood is at stake, you can be persuaded of almost anything.

Well, as you said, that can be applied to either party. But we are specifically talking about one person here and you seem to be trying to justify every reason other than it may be a good choice and a sound decision by her supporters.

but I think it shows how stupid high proportion of americans are.

For instance, the pro life thing, If abortion was illegal, I would have had to raise an unwanted child into poverty. Instead I didn't, my then girlfriend and I were able to have our unwanted child terminated (the term used in New Zealand). I managed to create a fun, lucrative lifestyle, I got(and will get to) to fulfill many of my aspirations and meet my soulmate. I have made myself more comfortable/independant in life which puts me in a position where I can raise a child comfortably and into a healthy lifestyle, If I wish.

You're basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid. I won't get into your personal situation and choice because that's the decision you made. I just find it odd that you admittedly didn't follow her politics, but we're automatically stupid for believing the things she stood for just because you don't.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>Ok, so explain what the appeal is to the millions of educated, intelligent
>and respected people that stand behind her?

So all those things I listed don't matter? I'm just following the yellow dog?

My livelihood doesn't depend on who's in office at all.

So let's recap.
I'm educated
I have a list of reasons I liked her
My livelihood doesn't depend on the right.

Care to list a few more possible explanations?

You're basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is stupid.

No I am saying anyone that believes that 'all' fertilised human eggs should be born to a human being is stupid.

Especially those that support stronger funding for a frivilous, evil, military that couldn't care less about human life and morals.

these type of people are hypocrites. and yes stupid!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yikes! It's always a bad idea to have spelling and grammar mistakes when you're talking about how stupid someone else is. LaughTongue

It is always a bad idea to not see the content of a message and judge it by an irrelevant point. Short sightedness prevents you from seeing the bigger picture.

I could open a word documet and change the spelling and grammar, or I could not, I am not here to change any minds just speak my part. If you want to think less of me because I don't get 100 percent in spelling, typing and grammar then that is your choice.

and yes stupid

Are you saying that someone that chooses to preserve life is "stupid"?

Why is their choice stupid and yours is is not? It is a choice and just because theirs is not the same as yours doesn't make you smarter. In fact it does show immaturity and lack of respect to think that is does.

So using your reasoning I guess it is a good thing that your parents were "stupid" and decided to keep you.

While I don't agree with the decision that you and your girlfriend made, I do respect it because it isn't right for me to think that you should follow my beliefs. So if I can respect your choices why can't you respect mine?

>But we are specifically talking about one person here and you seem to be
>trying to justify every reason other than it may be a good choice and a
>sound decision by her supporters.

Well, as she was a big part McCain lost the election, it wasn't such a good choice in retrospect.

>So all those things I listed don't matter? I'm just following the yellow dog?

Not at all! I am sure you have good reasons for your decisions.

>My livelihood doesn't depend on who's in office at all.

I didn't say it did. But many conservative news/commentary outlets DO have a big financial stake in the winner of an election - and they have a very strong influence over their party.

Are you saying that someone that chooses to preserve life is "stupid"?

No, I am saying someone that thinks a rape victom should have to nurse the child of her attacker is stupid, someone that thinks a young adolescent couple that make a mistake should have to raise an unwanted child when they both decide they do not want to bring a child into an already overpopulated world and raise it into poverty are stupid.

Not all conceptions are meant to be. you should have as much right to 'not'have a concieved child as you do to have it.

Forcing people to do things they don't want to do is inhumane and immoral.

Maybe you should just talk about how many jumps she has, then...

trolling now are we, is that all you have to falll back on?

If you are so bitter about that comment, as you obviously are, maybe you could travel to do some jumps rather than complain about how far away everything is.

If you we unable to do so then i would be a little more compassionate for you but you decide that sitting in front of a computer all day on a website dedicated to skydiving is more important.

once again, your choice but i can judge you how I will.

VFW

It is always a bad idea to not see the content of a message and judge it by an irrelevant point.

Well since several people think otherwise, I guess that blows your "always" theory.:P

Or, I guess you are saying the bad spelling and grammar add to the credibility of the content.;)

Well, as she was a big part McCain lost the election, it wasn't such a good choice in retrospect.

Well that is subjective since what she lost on one side she gained on the other. And it is speculative at best if any other choice would have changed the outcome. But she still commands a lot of power as she still packs the venues that she attends and as such contributes to the conservative side of the party.

trolling now are we, is that all you have to falll back on?

If you are so bitter about that comment, as you obviously are, maybe you could travel to do some jumps rather than complain about how far away everything is.

Trolling? No...just pointing out the 'do as I say, not as I do' aspect of your post. Of course, HER post was actually relevant. You can apparently dish it out but not take it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You can apparently dish it out but not take it.

Give it to me, I can take it. Your neo con statements give me plenty of humor at the best of times.

someone that thinks a young adolescent couple that make a mistake should have to raise an unwanted child when they both decide they do not want to bring a child into an already overpopulated world and raise it into poverty are stupid.

Perhaps a conversation that should be had before sex...

Even so, they don't have to raise it. The wait list for adoption is extremely long.

Not all conceptions are meant to be. you should have as much right to 'not'have a concieved child as you do to have it.

You do have a choice. It's called not having sex.

Forcing people to do things they don't want to do is inhumane and immoral

I highly doubt anyone forced you to have sex. If they did, then it is indeed inhumane and immoral.

All of that being said, calling someone stupid because you disagree is still childish and unjustified.

Yikes! It's always a bad idea to have spelling and grammar mistakes when you're talking about how stupid someone else is. LaughTongue

It is always a bad idea to not see the content of a message and judge it by an irrelevant point. Short sightedness prevents you from seeing the bigger picture.

I could open a word documet and change the spelling and grammar, or I could not, I am not here to change any minds just speak my part. If you want to think less of me because I don't get 100 percent in spelling, typing and grammar then that is your choice.

Oh, I saw the content of your message. I just think it's a good idea to use proper spelling and grammar if you're going to talk about how un-intelligent someone else is. But that's just me. I don't think less of you as a person because of it; I'm just pointing out the irony.

>Well that is subjective since what she lost on one side she gained on the other.

Not really subjective.

McCain announced Palin as running mate on August 29th. She was this gorgeous feisty woman that no one knew anything about, but a lot of people were excited about. She read a great speech at the RNC, and people like that. For about a week afterwards McCain pulled ahead of Obama, and things were looking up for the GOP.

Then people started to get to know her. She made her first gaffes, made the mistake of talking to reporters. The democrats pulled ahead a little. She admitted she didn't know of any supreme court decisions besides Roe v Wade. She could not name a single paper she read. She thought Afghanistan was "our neighboring country." She attributed a quote she said was from Madeleine Albright, when in fact it was from a Starbucks coffee cup. She claimed her First Amendment rights were threatened by "attacks" from reporters. She claimed that her proximity to Russia gave her insight into Russia: "They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

By the time the election rolled around, people were thinking "My God, if McCain thinks she's capable, who else is going to end up in his administration? Stephen Colbert?" And the rest is history.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/08-us-pres-ge-mvo.php