normiss

This forum is TRULY an embarassment.

It's an embarrassment because it's being used as a cover for barely-thinly-veiled (and sometimes not even) racism - but of course when you call them out on it, they and their enablers accuse YOU of playing the race card.

Ethical conservatives like George Will and Christopher Buckley would be nauseated by many (but fortunately not all) conservatives on here who for some reason include racism as part of their personal "conservatism", and bash anti-racism as somehow the equivalent of "liberalism".

Anti-racism is neither liberal nor conservative. It is simply being an ethical human.

Welcome back to a new and friendly world against USA. Obama is already a world leader, and we will be more willing to help out in the future!

"Already a world leader"? He just started the job yesterday - what the fuck are you smoking?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's an embarrassment because it's being used as a cover for barely-thinly-veiled (and sometimes not even) racism - but of course when you call them out on it, they and their enablers accuse YOU of playing the race card.

Yeah - that's what happens when His supporters define any criticism of The One as racism.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yeah - that's what happens when His supporters define any criticism of The One as racism.

Nope. It's what happens when false prophets disguised as conservatives define any criticism of racism as "liberalism".

Nope. It's what happens when false prophets disguised as conservatives define any criticism of racism as "liberalism".

Thanks for proving the point. Your 'white guilt' is your own issue - quite trying to project it onto everyone else.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks for proving the point. Your 'white guilt' is your own issue - quite trying to project it onto everyone else.

Irony score .... well, it's just off the fucking scale.

OK, back to bed.

Irony score .... well, it's just off the fucking scale.

OK, back to bed.

G'nite, sleep well. I'll try to post something that you can twist into 'covert racism' while you're gone so you have something to do in the morning.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Somebody have to be up front to clean up the mess, and now we have a man in USA, who willing to listen and include the rest of the world, not exclude! We will listening if he continue his walk as he talk! And we will follow to help more than if your country followed the old path!

I think he is referring to the mass suicide perpetrated by the REV JIM JONES (in the seventies i think...?) where they all got dressed into shell suits and put on matching sneakers and then all went to bed with a glass of Coolaid.

Apparently the good "Reverend" had put something nasty into it.... wa-la they all croaked. I believe he thinks perhaps that someone like myself who is a little liberal (rational) is under the spell of someone like the good reverend. oh well. Maybe all liberals are under the spell of the DEVIL??? I already sold my soul so I know I'm OK.

JEEEBUS never maid it into my life, as it's cold where I live and I like warm weather I thought I'd go with the dark one. He answers my prayers and stops me from bouncing.

Obama sucks. And the first lady has shit for taste in dresses. Her dress looks like toliet paper wrapped around her.

yea, right on brotha, she should dress in lumberjack-shirts, cowboy-boots and a trucker-hat!

i think the barack's have taste and decency. something you're obviously lacking.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I think he is referring to the mass suicide perpetrated by the REV JIM JONES (in the seventies i think...?) where they all got dressed into shell suits and put on matching sneakers and then all went to bed with a glass of Coolaid.

Apparently the good "Reverend" had put something nasty into it.... wa-la they all croaked. I believe he thinks perhaps that someone like myself who is a little liberal (rational) is under the spell of someone like the good reverend. oh well. Maybe all liberals are under the spell of the DEVIL??? I already sold my soul so I know I'm OK.

JEEEBUS never maid it into my life, as it's cold where I live and I like warm weather I thought I'd go with the dark one. He answers my prayers and stops me from bouncing.

Right, so "keep drinking the koolaid" implys either that you're on drugs or that you are otherwise mentally imballanced, thereby playing the player rather than the ball.

I couldn't agree more. Coming from a country that has sensible gun laws, low church attendance, low levels of racism, a healthcare system that is the best in the world (free at point of service..) and a liberal sensible government (although several things they have doen have pissed me off..) I can hardly believe some of the things I see posted here!

I have come to realise that in the majority of cases, the USA is in fact 2 seperate countries... the bit at the top, the bit on the coast on the RHS at the top, and the bit at the bottom by the sea on the LHS are sensible and moderate/modern/secular/reasonable/not racist. All the other bits are mostly populated by gun crazy bible bashing homophobic racist country music loving anti abortion supporting booze swilling hicks. Granted, some of my best jumping buddies are from these areas but many have been brought up in the sensible bits and moved house. So it does not supprise me that many blatantly racist comments have been posted here in the run up to you guys getting a new president.

Is is not obvious that the last guy

1. STOLE the election to get in ?
2. LEFT many of his scientific advisor positions VACANT?
3. HELD BACK crucial research into LIFE saving treatments into stem cells because of silly hocus pocus beliefs?
4 . Invaded another country because he wanted to be better than his DAD?
5. made many of his worst decisions based upon DEVINE guidance?
6. Caused the USA ( a pretty good counrty I think) to be the most HATED in the world, even OUTSIDE the muslim world......
7. SCREWED your and consequently the whole world ECONONY?

Obama will have his work cut out putting all that right. I just hope some KKK nutter doesn't knock him off. He seems like a sensible guy. I like him. I wish him luck.

Flame away

D

Nice stereotyping, you seem to have covered all the bullshit talking points of the extreme left. - I'm sure you'll fit in well here.

Have some more koolaid.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Nice "open minded" bloke willing to divide all yanks into just two categories: the "septic" category that is quite evil sounding and then those that completely agreed with him on his assumptions. Sounds fair and logical.

But let me just sift through the "gun crazy bible bashing homophobic racist country music loving anti abortion supporting booze swilling hicks"

gun crazy - yes... I have a few. Probably more than enough to scare the living bejeebers out of you, dmkellett.
Bible bashing - ok, this one could go either as a yes or a no.... does recovering Catholic count? I went to a private Catholic grade school.
Bashing homophobic - WAY OFF BASE HERE. My best friend has "alternative" preferences. I just want him to love and be loved - regardless of with whom.
Racist - nope. My nurse is black or African American or whatever political term is proper. I just know her as Latisha... not by the color of her skin.
Country Music loving - Hell yeah. (MUCH better than rap)
Anti abortion supporting - I support personal choice... but personally I would NEVER support that decision for myself. Nor do I ever want to perform elective terminations. But I will refer them to someone that does not have that philosophical belief
Booze swilling - RUM. nuff said.
Hicks - My family could be described by some as poor white trash. But you've never met them. Even though my mom might not dress "high society", she is the sweetest person that EVER walked the Earth. I would back away from the insults before you say something too ignorant looking.

and your talking points

1. STOLE the election to get in ?
Nope. Been proven many times that the choice of the electoral college was Bush. Now... if you want to debate the necessity of the Electoral college - that's different. But Bush did not "steal" the election no matter how many recounts they did.

2. LEFT many of his scientific advisor positions VACANT?
Where are your sources on that? He was criticized as being slow to fill positions and did not give them the power that they previously had, but how much power should an adviser truly have.
Per John H Marburger, the science advisor to President Bush and director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy
As US President George W Bush’s eight-year term in office comes to an end, his official science advisor John H Marburger argues that science in the US is flourishing following a decade of increased federal spending

3. HELD BACK crucial research into LIFE saving treatments into stem cells because of silly hocus pocus beliefs?
Despite my personal beliefs.... there is a separation of church and state. As there is a public debate about stem cell research and life issues ... I thought it was reasonable to limit GOVERNMENT spending on that. HOWEVER... that didn't stop Mr. Thompson (et al) at the University of Wisconsin- Madison from researching about Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Lines Derived from Human Somatic Cells. In spite of not getting government monies . . . look at what they did. Where was it done again?
Now granted. Japanese researchers also were able to complete that task.... and I am quite impressed with the knowledge and capabilities of both .... but your statement discounts the progress that was made. AND progress that will eliminate the debate on "stem cell research" (hopefully)

SERIOUSLY.... and the Brits were there too. Was Blair just trying to be better than Bush Sr too?

5. made many of his worst decisions based upon DIVINE guidance?
This just sounds silly. He might have prayed for guidance or turned to the church... but I believe that he made decisions based on advise and counsel of his cabinet. But... I wasn't in his head. I can believe that he was a logical and reasonable adult. As you can believe that he was a "religious kook"

6. Caused the USA ( a pretty good counrty I think) to be the most HATED in the world, even OUTSIDE the muslim world......
I truly don't believe the "a pretty good country, I think" comment. In this post you have shown yourself to have quite a hate on for Americans. Why you are so xenophobic (or would it be American-phobic?), I have no idea. I doubt that Bush came over and personally pissed in your Cheerios. I doubt that your personal duties or liberties were changed by our laws or beliefs. You just have a problem with the US and specifically anyone that gives any support to a man for whom you have little respect. So you then project the hate you have for Bush to how many Americans?

7. SCREWED your and consequently the whole world ECONONY?
How much of the fault of the current economic situation can be placed directly on Bush? I don't know that answer. I'm sure some on here think "all" and others think "none." I don't know what part Congress had to play in signing the bailouts or who's hands were greased to pass some of the laws... but it's not all Bush's fault. And as far as the whole world economy - if I go bankrupt cuz I've been loaning my neighbor money.... it's MY fault that I went broke. Are they all tied? sure. But it's England's responsibility to look out for Her finances (I don't want to pay for your Queen... remember, we tossed you guys out on your ear for that) It's China's responsibility to look out for Her bottom line. (and they seem to be doing quite well)

Anyway.... this was a long enough post and probably a waste of an hour of my time.... but sometimes this Redneck Woman can only take so much America Bashing.

The posts here for the last year have been instructive. It has certainly opened a window into a few posters true soul. It really is too bad they themselves don't see what others are seeing[:/][:/]

Or care what you think of us.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

SERIOUSLY.... and the Brits were there too. Was Blair just trying to be better than Bush Sr too?

Nope, he was sucking up to George.... and a very unpopular move he made at home too (and rightly so)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Got me wrong I'm afraid. I love the USA. great country, great jumping, best DZ's, best snowboarding, best standard of living. most fun I ever had at a boogie, and lots of GREAT jumping buddies from the US. I just see the obvious fact that it is very polarised. And has had a real redneck for a Cin C for the last 8 years. I reckon Obama will be one of the best presidents you guys have had in a long time, unlike W who is clearly THE WORST EVER. Him and CHENEY/ RUMSFELD etc are all to blame for the hatred of the USA all over the world.

Old BUBYA really screwed things up for ya'all....

I DO however respect the fact that I'm not wearing knee high leather boots and speaking German. Without you guys Im sure I would be....

The posts here for the last year have been instructive. It has certainly opened a window into a few posters true soul. It really is too bad they themselves don't see what others are seeing[:/][:/]

What trully surprises me (or at least used to) is the arogant indignation they have with anybody that dares disagree with them>:(

I think they are wrong, they think we are not only wrong but stupid, uneducated and evil and place labels and names to kill debate. Hell, the post Amazon has here is a prefect example.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Blair was in as Dubya's Pet.

As Dubya said; Blair is not my poodle, he's bigger than that

This pic proves it.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

What trully surprises me (or at least used to) is the arogant indignation they have with anybody that dares disagree with them>:(

I think they are wrong, they think we are not only wrong but stupid, uneducated and evil and place labels and names to kill debate. Hell, the post Amazon has here is a prefect example.

We can debate conservative vs. liberal politics till the cows come home. But racism shouldn't be a part of that. Where I see racism, even when "veiled", I'm going to call it out, and no amount of yelling "Race card!!" at me as a distraction is going to put me off calling it out.

Conservatives and liberals can each be proud of being so, without defending or engaging in socially reprehensible behavior. Ethical liberals shouldn't defend welfare cheats and freeloaders; and by the same token, ethical conservatives shouldn't defend (or worse: be) racists. This really is a universal ethic that transcends politics and ideology. If each of us is truly being ethical, then it's something that you and I should agree on.

We can debate conservative vs. liberal politics till the cows come home. But racism shouldn't be a part of that. Where I see racism, even when "veiled", I'm going to call it out, and no amount of yelling "Race card!!" at me as a distraction is going to put me off calling it out.

Conservatives and liberals can be proud of being so, without enabling unacceptable behavior. Ethical liberals don't defend welfare cheats and freeloaders; and by the same token, ethical conservatives shouldn't defend (or worse: be) racists. This really is a universal ethic that transcends politics and ideology.

I agree, but your post here indicates (at least to me) you think conservatives are by and large more racist. If one really cares to take a look, that is not the case
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln