normiss

This forum is TRULY an embarassment.

Got me wrong I'm afraid. I love the USA.

Maybe if we ever met in person, I would get a different impression of how right or wrong I "got you." But with just knowing you by what you posted above.... so willing to demonize and label so callously. People talk about Americans being "ugly".... I honestly feel that "gun crazy bible bashing homophobic racist country music loving anti abortion supporting booze swilling hicks" is far more "ugly" than any poorly cultured American tourist ever was to you. But... maybe I am wrong.

There are are also those who will jump up and down in and indigant rant throwing out the race card in a blantant atempt to shut someone up (the lable issue) That is more disgusting than racisim itselft>:( PC thought police are worse than racisits IMO

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I agree, but your post here indicates (at least to me) you think conservatives are by and large more racist.

Then you've misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm saying that all too often, racists in this forum (a) hide behind "conservatism" as a cover for their personal racism, and (b) attack anti-racism by equating anti-racism with "liberalism".

I agree, but your post here indicates (at least to me) you think conservatives are by and large more racist.

Then you've misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm saying that all too often, racists in this forum (a) hide behind "conservatism" as a cover for their personal racism, and (b) attack anti-racism by equating anti-racism with "liberalism".

You make my point perfectly

I call bull shit. This is exaclty the PC crap I just posted to. Glad you are a mind reader

WFJ
Abraham Lincoln

I have to ask...is this racist? I think it is.

Obama’s Inauguration Benediction

‘Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around… when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen’…

Sad really.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I call bull shit.

Well, then, that's your choice. Only you can make it clear where you cast your lot.

This is true. What else it true is it will NOT be YOU deciding if I or anybody else is racists. You here, have proven you are biased in this regard
Abraham Lincoln

‘Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around… when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen’…

Sad really.

It was worse than being racists. It was condesending and arogant as well.

But here to will be prof of the duplicitus stance of the left as he will be givena pass.
Abraham Lincoln

I call bull shit.

Well, then, that's your choice. Only you can make it clear where you cast your lot.

This is true. What else it true is it will NOT be YOU deciding if I or anybody else is racists. You here, have proven you are biased in this regard

This is why most people simply avoid discussing anything with you, Marc: your posts quickly become
so childish that it's not even like having an adult conversation.

I call bull shit.

This is why most people simply avoid discussing anything with you, Marc: your posts quickly become
so childish that it's not even like having an adult conversation.

What an irony. After what you posted you call me childish.

PC at its hightest.

We dont agree. Sorry that is hard for you to handle.

There was a perfect example on a thread not too long ago where billvon call John or Aggie a racists based on the usage of a word. I am sure you agreed with billvon. Sad but you have proven my point. Again with a lable and the inablilaty to make your point without calling someone a name. Hell, you probalbly think I am racist. If so, know I dont care, because I know who and what I am

Marc
Abraham Lincoln

Sad really.

It was horribly racist.

But this was also from a preacher who was what? Older than Kallend? It just proves that people can't evolve past a certain age and carry their baggage with them and try to force and project that on the rest of the world.

Preachers of all religions seem to be the worst racists I've ever encountered. With a few really neat exceptions.

So the preacher is a racist. Big deal. I suspect most people quietly shook their heads and ignored it because it was a PC version of racism.

But I bet most secretly didn't appreciate the sentiments of a man who publicly puts people into their little stereotyped buckets based on skin color. In short, Black or Brown or Red deserves a break, but Yellow or White is uptight and unfair. How simple, how wrong.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If, as history geeks like me, you watch clips of a representative sample of inauguration ceremonies over the past decades, there's one thing pretty consistent: they're almost universally awkward and stultifying. JFK's inauguration was magical, right? Wrong. It was too bitter cold to do anything right; Robert Frost fucked up his reading of The Poem; the lectern's wiring caught fire and billowed smoke during the Invocation; it all pretty much sucked, except for the oath itself; and yeah, Sorenson did write a pretty good speech for the guy. But most inaugurations blow.

The posts here for the last year have been instructive. It has certainly opened a window into a few posters true soul. It really is too bad they themselves don't see what others are seeing[:/][:/]

Or care what you think of us.

What trully surprises me (or at least used to) is the arogant indignation they have with anybody that dares disagree with them>:(

I think they are wrong, they think we are not only wrong but stupid, uneducated and evil and place labels and names to kill debate. Hell, the post Amazon has here is a prefect example.

My best friend is a die-hard Republican and we have animated debates all the time. I don't consider lawrocket, rehmwa, or tomaiello to be the least bit stupid or uneducated, and there are very few here who I would consider "evil". For me, it's all about the arguments. Cogent arguments that are well supported by fact and/or a clear discussion of founding beliefs can be polar opposites of mine without being stupid. But unsupported leaps of logic that are only made in favor of one political ideology are frequently and resoundingly dumb. Such arguments appear frequently in Speaker's Corner, authored by supporters of Democrats and Republicans alike. Fortunately it's a select few who exclusively make such arguments; most people here only stray that way occasionally.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I think he is referring to the mass suicide perpetrated by the REV JIM JONES (in the seventies i think...?) where they all got dressed into shell suits and put on matching sneakers and then all went to bed with a glass of Coolaid.

Apparently the good "Reverend" had put something nasty into it.... wa-la they all croaked. I believe he thinks perhaps that someone like myself who is a little liberal (rational) is under the spell of someone like the good reverend. oh well. Maybe all liberals are under the spell of the DEVIL??? I already sold my soul so I know I'm OK.

JEEEBUS never maid it into my life, as it's cold where I live and I like warm weather I thought I'd go with the dark one. He answers my prayers and stops me from bouncing.

Right, so "keep drinking the koolaid" implys either that you're on drugs or that you are otherwise mentally imballanced, thereby playing the player rather than the ball.

Not quite. It implies that you are in thrall to a charismatic leader and are unthinkingly following him. Jim Jones did not 'slip' poison into the Kool-aid. It was put in with the full knowledge of the adults as a method to get the children to drink it. The full investigation showed that many there balked in the end and were murdered by the leaders, but the original picture the world was given was one of complete sycophancy.

I for one do not think all conservatives are racist

I agree, but your post here indicates (at least to me) you think conservatives are by and large more racist. If one really cares to take a look, that is not the case

I for one do not think all conservatives are racist

I do think some conservatives and some liberals are racist

The two statements are not the same

I do believe some of the avowed conservatives here are making racist statements.. and are to fucking stupid to realize it..

Just because you in YOUR world do not see it because you are part of the problem... TRUST ME when you are on the other side of the issue you DO see it and see its outcome daily. There are STILL plenty of proof that it exists.. on a daily basis.

Personally I think any education and job should be open to someone who is the best qualified... BUT the reality is there is discrimination based on race and sex in selections for entry to schools and for jobs.

And yes Vinny I DO support affirmative action to redress the overt racism and sexism that STILL exists. Equating affirmative action to racism puts you in league with some interesting characters.

I know in YOUR mind and a few others around here you see it that way.. but so does tha Aryan Nations and the KKK et al)

I recently took an exam for state employment and I received an extra 10 points on my towards possibly being hired because I happen to only be half-white. I also received an additional 10 points for being a veteran. 10 additional points for those with a bachelors degree.

What a joke. [:/]

www.FourWheelerHB.com

I recently took an exam for state employment and I received an extra 10 points on my towards possibly being hired because I happen to only be half-white. I also received an additional 10 points for being a veteran. 10 additional points for those with a bachelors degree.

What a joke. [:/]

Quite true. You can get a bachelor's degree off a matchbook cover.

I work in the private sector so that has little effect on me.

I would get points for being a woman... I would get points for having a couple degrees.. I would get points for being a veteran... I could register to get points for being legally a Seminole Indian but no one in my family ever has.

YET.. I have never used any of that to get a job although being a veteran that EARNED my GI Bill.. I used as much as I could.. every last cent.

I work in a predominately male field, and when I look around I see at least 8 to 1 ratio of men around here for every woman. I also see a VERY diverse environment with people from several countries.. and a very diverse ethnic mix. ALL of them are hired based on THEIR qualifications.

I do know of teams here I could NEVER get hired into because I AM a woman. Most of those teams have little chance of ever getting anyone OTHER than someone from India... and MALE. The managers of those teams do not want to hire anyone but who they are comfortable with...

But it is what it is.

I work in the private sector so that has little effect on me.

That's funny.

I would get points for being a woman... I would get points for having a couple degrees.. I would get points for being a veteran... I could register to get points for being legally a Seminole Indian but no one in my family ever has.

YET.. I have never used any of that to get a job although being a veteran that EARNED my GI Bill.. I used as much as I could.. every last cent.

Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication paid off. Bet you'd be pissed if someone took your job because they got points for being...I don't know...racial?

I work in a predominately male field, and when I look around I see at least 8 to 1 ratio of men around here for every woman. I also see a VERY diverse environment with people from several countries.. and a very diverse ethnic mix. ALL of them are hired based on THEIR qualifications.

As it should be.

I do know of teams here I could NEVER get hired into because I AM a woman. Most of those teams have little chance of ever getting anyone OTHER than someone from India... and MALE. The managers of those teams do not want to hire anyone but who they are comfortable with...

Do you have a problem with that?

But it is what it is.

I'm somewhat confused. Are you saying racial quotas are a good thing or a bad thing?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I have come to realise that in the majority of cases, the USA is in fact 2 seperate countries... the bit at the top, the bit on the coast on the RHS at the top, and the bit at the bottom by the sea on the LHS are sensible and moderate/modern/secular/reasonable/not racist.

Mostly straightforward; but what is the "bit at the top"?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I have come to realise that in the majority of cases, the USA is in fact 2 seperate countries... the bit at the top, the bit on the coast on the RHS at the top, and the bit at the bottom by the sea on the LHS are sensible and moderate/modern/secular/reasonable/not racist.

Mostly straightforward; but what is the "bit at the top"?

Canada :|
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Nope. goit it completely

I disagree. How is it I'm more qualified than a complete white person simply because of where my mother happens to come from? It's racism in it's purist form and I for one do not agree with any form of racism whether it benefits me or not.

But hey it's "PC racism" so it is OK in our country. :S