Amazon

I dont think he likes W too much

He took his fucking shoe off and threw it at the President like a child having a hissy fit. If you think behavior like that is appropriate in any situation then there's no reasoning with you.

It's better than bombing someone else's country that presents no threat to you, and killing hundreds of thousands of their citizens, just because their leader is a bastard. Hard for women and children to argue with B52s.

So... justification of violence with "but he's a bad guy" is ok for them to do against us, but not him to do against them? You do know that "bad guy" is just a subjective term. And when you advocate or condone ANY violence, you are placing yourself in to that category as well.

It's absolutely boggles my mind that people would defend assault on the President.

You boggle too easily.

all else fails, resort to petty comments.

A pretty straight forward article on the incident.

A quote:
"I'm sure many Iraqis want to do what Muntazer did. Muntazer used to say all the orphans whose father were killed are because of Bush."

Throwing shoes at someone is the worst possible insult in the Arab world.

A resident of a war-torn country insulted the US President that made the faulty decision. Bush is already going down in infamy; this only adds a punctuation mark to the story, IMO.
A whole lot worse things have been said (and attempted) about our President elect.

"smirk on his face"

THAT guy has had that foolish looking smirk on his face...for FAAAR to long...
Huh Huh Huh Huh ...
and he uses it , at ALL the wrong times....
What the hell has been so funny??? about the past few years???
every time i see a picture of him,,,I cannot help but to think that i am
looking at Alfred E Neuman...
the ficticious AND the original, "What ME Worry???" kid...( Mad Mag )

Smirks, when they are made in an inappropriate
context.....are the equivalent of wearing a dunce cap... imho

I DO agree with part of your post...."way to Go Bush".... as long as he GOES FAR away......

as for "that's what happens in a Free society"..
he needs to realize that That is also what happens in a chaotic and dissident and desperate society.... he has always been a great spinner....and even now,,, considers himself to be an emancipator instead of an interloper....
better to ask those whose lives he has destroyed by blowing to smithereens the very land in which they live...and likely many many innocent civilian family members...how free THEY feel...
democracy my ass.....

Ok man...I agree, now just put the gun down....(or shoe)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

He took his fucking shoe off and threw it at the President like a child having a hissy fit. If you think behavior like that is appropriate in any situation then there's no reasoning with you.

It's better than bombing someone else's country that presents no threat to you, and killing hundreds of thousands of their citizens, just because their leader is a bastard. Hard for women and children to argue with B52s.

So... justification of violence with "but he's a bad guy" is ok for them to do against us, but not him to do against them? You do know that "bad guy" is just a subjective term. And when you advocate or condone ANY violence, you are placing yourself in to that category as well.

Interesting that you consider throwing a shoe and carpet bombing to be in the same league.

It's absolutely boggles my mind that people would defend assault on the President.

You boggle too easily.

all else fails, resort to petty comments.

Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts. Being "boggled" that people find it understandable that many Iraqis hate Bush is absurd.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Interesting that you consider throwing a shoe and carpet bombing to be in the same league..

Can you reference the Executive Order that had the B52's carpet bomb the women and children? I would have more respect for your statement if they were based in fact.

Interesting that you consider throwing a shoe and carpet bombing to be in the same league.

You know the joke about the man asking the woman if she would have sex with him for a million dollars and she said yes. Then he asks "how about $10?" The "punchline" was - it's already established that you're a hooker, now we're just bartering.

You seem to be condoning violence. Now you're just trying to bicker like that lady. You have lines that some violence is ok. Where are your lines?

Only against certain people?
Only with certain objects?
Only if you're REALLY REALLY REALLY mad?

What are your lines?

I feel it's appropriate that someone had an opportunity to tell America what they feel, directed at the person currently most representative of our country, and currently most responsible for the situation existing in Iraq from a "man on the street" in Iraq.

He didn't tell America what he feels. He didn't say anything. He took his fucking shoe off and threw it at the President like a child having a hissy fit. If you think behavior like that is appropriate in any situation then there's no reasoning with you.

If the US was occupied what would your reaction to the leader of the occupying nation be?

Where would this grenade have been hidden ? Up the reporter's ass ? Use a little common sense. Two nation's current top leaders in an enclosed room for a conference. I would be of the opinion that the security checks would be thorough and repititive.

Rumors are that in the wake of this incident, the Iraqi legislature is debating a 7 day waiting period and background checks before shoe purchases.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This doesn'y bode well for when Tony Blair and Peter Mandelson take Dubya to Hartlepool!B|

Mike.

Interesting page that. "Some people increasingly believe that this unfortunately is not true. There are many theories why but the main one is this: Hartlepool has always been a seafaring town with inhabitants since the 9th Century; it gained its' Royal Charter in 1201. Sailors have been synonymous with simians ever since they started trading, so for the people of an important sea trading town never to have saw a one before 1805 is a ridiculous notion. "

I don't think that word means what he thinks it means! In any case, I'd like to see him say that to a (literate) sailor's face:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

BUT,, did anyone else notice ,,, that NO secret service men.. RUSH to W's defense>??

Watch it again carefully. After the second shoe, there is a guy that come in from screen left and . . . GWB waves him off (watch GWB's right hand carefully). The guy IMMEDIATELY backs off but it looks like he was at least willing to take a third shoe for the President.

As I said before, I find it amazing the guy wasn't immediately shot and that he got off the second shoe. For all anybody knew at the time it could have been a grenade.

Where would this grenade have been hidden ? Up the reporter's ass ? Use a little common sense. Two nation's current top leaders in an enclosed room for a conference. I would be of the opinion that the security checks would be thorough and repititive.

Are you saying that it would be impossible to smuggle a weapon into that? If so, I think you haven't read history very well. Just the fact that the guy got off and threw the second shoe tells you that security was fucked up.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>>I am also certain you can see the difference between the two.

>Not really . . .

You can't see the difference between throwing a tomato at someone on-stage and throwing a knife at someone? I guess there's no common ground to base a discussion on, then.

I can see the difference in that the level of aggression is different and the potential for injury is different but the fact is that they are both violent acts.

What happens when the performer on stage doesn't take the tomato in the face with the same intended meaning as the thrower had and defends himself by throwing back a brick? Or what if his eye suffers damage from a direct strike?

It's simply not appropriate in either disagreement.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You can't see the difference between throwing a tomato at someone on-stage and throwing a knife at someone? I guess there's no common ground to base a discussion on, then.

tomato seeds can really sting in your eye

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts. Being "boggled" that people find it understandable that many Iraqis hate Bush is absurd.

That's not even close to what I said. I don't care if they hate Bush. I don't care if you understand them hating Bush. Fine.

I said it boggles my mind that people, especially US citizens, would defend someone who threw a shoe at your President.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

If the US was occupied what would your reaction to the leader of the occupying nation be?

If they came in, destroyed a psychopathic murdering dictator, helped stand up a democratic government, and then left after footing the bill.... probably thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

One act has the potential to do more damage than the other, but they're both acts of violence.

Throw a tomato at someone on stage next chance you get, and find out for yourself.

. . =(_8^(1)

No, it's not - and fortunately no one committed any violence against him.

If someone threw a shoe at you...I bet you would not say the same thing. Also, the courts would not agree with you.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>If someone threw a shoe at you...I bet you would not say the same thing.

Let's see. Tom threw a Teva at me one day. Not technically a shoe, I guess, but I still didn't think he "committed violence towards me." Didn't even have him arrested. I suspect you would not, either.

Interesting that you consider throwing a shoe and carpet bombing to be in the same league..

Can you reference the Executive Order that had the B52's carpet bomb the women and children? I would have more respect for your statement if they were based in fact.

B52s were used to drop cluster bombs during the Iraq invasion March-April 2003. Nice weapons, cluster bombs. Much of the world recently signed a treaty to ban them, but the USA refused.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.