lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

Where have I presented 'hate' in any of these posts? I'm simply trying to understand how gays getting "married" effects you at all and why you think you have the right to make it the law.

edit: and by the way, are you seriously telling me to be open minded while taking another breath and saying gays shouldn't be allowed to get 'married'?

Wow.

Where have I said that gays, that want to be seen as legal couples, should not be seen the same under any law?

Ooooooh, you mean the same, but with a different name.

How is that the same again? And if it's the same, why not call it marriage?

Back at you, why does it need/have to be?

Don't feel like answering?

Whats the matter, make you think?

My query is the same/no different than yours.

I have made my point more than once in reference to the question you asked yet you ask it again, so, to maybe avoid it a third time, I ask you the same questions to help you see my perpective (not necessarily agree with it)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Because of what THIS and THIS says.

I'll point out just two of the relevant portions of these documents for you. The rest will be an exercise for the mind.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Until you can change the Constitution of these United States of America, you're SOL.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Because of what THIS and THIS says.

I'll point out just two of the relevant portions of these documents for you. The rest will be an exercise for the mind.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Until you can change the Constitution of these Untied States of America, you're SOL.

No, not the constitution but, the changes in judges IS having the effect you support
Abraham Lincoln

Where have I presented 'hate' in any of these posts? I'm simply trying to understand how gays getting "married" effects you at all and why you think you have the right to make it the law.

edit: and by the way, are you seriously telling me to be open minded while taking another breath and saying gays shouldn't be allowed to get 'married'?

Wow.

Where have I said that gays, that want to be seen as legal couples, should not be seen the same under any law?

I have made my point more than once in reference to the question you asked yet you ask it again, so, to maybe avoid it a third time, I ask you the same questions to help you see my perpective (not necessarily agree with it)

Yes, somehow you not answering my question 'makes me think'. LOL.

The concept of this post

your head

Wow.

Yes, somehow you not answering my question 'makes me think'. LOL.

The concept of this post

your head

I guess we are done then huh.. Thats ok

Time for me to go te bed anyway

:D
Abraham Lincoln

Wow.

Because neither gays nor straight people should be able to tell the others what they can or can't call their relationship. Because if a gay couple calling their relationship a marriage is an attack on the sanctity of identical relationships between straight couples (an odd argument I don't understand), it follows that forbidding such nomenclature is an attack on the sanctity of gay "civil unions". Because if the word is allowed to matter to you, it should also be allowed to matter to gay people.

If you think "marriage" is a religious term, how do you justify the government making laws on who may or may not participate in it? Do you also believe there should be laws regarding baptism?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>Again you put words in others mouth of others.

Those were quotes from your own posts.

>I have in not one post said I want to denie anyone the same rights have I.

OK, then I will ask you directly.

You currently have the right to marry anyone you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Do you think gays should have that right as well?

You didn't respond to my question about whether or not you think a man should be allowed to marry a woman.

If you think yes, then tell me why you're okay with a 60 year old woman having sex with a 5 year old boy?

If you think no, then explain.
Owned by Remi #?

yes I think it is fine for a man to marry a woman, I am not okay with a 60 year old with a 5 year old and some point you have to have a moral standard, my questions were to see where others standards lie

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

yes I think it is fine for a man to marry a man, I am not okay with a 60 year old with a 5 year old and some point you have to have a moral standard, my questions were to see where others standards lie

Quoted for posterity. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I am genuinely curious as to what is so bad about being gay? Why does the church look SO down upon it? Enough to say 'no - you're not *allowed* to marry the person you love - either in this church or now by law'. Is it because its gross? Because the point of marriage is to unify a family and have children? I'm really trying to understand why religous people are just so utterly against gay unions being called marriage. I cannot seem to grasp the concept. Then again, I'm not religious and gay people getting married has zero effect on me whatsoever. I'm also wondering how it DOES affect the religious folk.

I can not speak for other people only for myself. It comes down to where do you draw the lines of morality, everybody draws the line somewhere, you have to decide what is right or wrong and be willing to say something is wrong. I have nothing against gays personally, I don't hate them as some here seem to think, I just disagree with being gay, I think it is wrong. For me that has crossed the line of morality. I also believe that the breakdown of morality is the reason for many problems that we face in todays society. But let me say again I hold no grudge against the person, I would go out of my way to help anybody regardless of who they are what they do, and do the best I could to show love to them.

I am a greek midget

ya know? It might be easier to call the civil and legal thing "Marriage"

and then convince all the churches to change the name of the religious ceremony something else

I'd like to call it - "The Sacrement of Desparatation"

that, or "Hamfestervestion"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I can not speak for other people only for myself. It comes down to where do you draw the lines of morality, everybody draws the line somewhere, you have to decide what is right or wrong and be willing to say something is wrong. I have nothing against gays personally, I don't hate them as some here seem to think, I just disagree with being gay, I think it is wrong. For me that has crossed the line of morality. I also believe that the breakdown of morality is the reason for many problems that we face in todays society. But let me say again I hold no grudge against the person, I would go out of my way to help anybody regardless of who they are what they do, and do the best I could to show love to them.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion that being gay is wrong, but what gives you the right to make it wrong for everyone? Meaning, why is YOUR belief that it being wrong enough to make actually ILLEGAL for a gay couple to get married? How can you honestly say that's right and fair? That your beliefs should be law for all?

I would go out of my way to help anybody regardless of who they are what they do, and do the best I could to show love to them.

If you think that helping or showing love includes comparing being gay to bestiality then, well.... thanks but no thanks, k?
Owned by Remi #?

I have not passed any laws, or even tried,... I have not made any attempt to organise a movement. I have only voiced my opinion here as to answer questions that were asked. Everybody has a right to there opinion, and I have not try to force mine onto anyone

I am a greek midget