lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

I have not passed any laws, or even tried,... I have not made any attempt to organise a movement. I have only voiced my opinion here as to answer questions that were asked. Everybody has a right to there opinion, and I have not try to force mine onto anyone

Well sure, YOU didn't make the law, but your same opinion is what made it pass, and surely you would have voted YES on the proposition if you could (or maybe you did) and that's the part I'm trying to understand. You are free to think whatever you like, just as is anyone else. But making your beliefs the law is something entirely different.

Which brings me back to the question of where do you draw the line of right and wrong. At some point you have to have a moral standard. Was this guy right or should there be laws. And once again I am not comparing the two, just illustrating that each person has their morals and draws the line somewhere.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/22/deer_man_convicted/

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget

Me personally? I draw the line when someone's actions start affecting other people. Some guy fucking a goat doesn't change my life at all, nor does it anyone else's (just his maybe), so why would I care? Is it disgusting? Sure it is, but it doesn't change my life so who gives a shit? A gay couple getting married doesn't hurt me or change anything for me either.

Since being married has a religous meaning

Nope. Being married has a religious meaning to a religious person. Being married does not have a religious meaning to a non religious person.

Disagree

So you think if two atheists get married in a civil court somehow there's religious significance to that? Please explain.

and I don't push my morals on anybody, but if asked I will say what I believe. I am completely against people that go out and picket and push their veiws. I find it offensive when religious people try to push their morals onto others, but if someone asks me my opinion I will give it.

I am a greek midget

and I don't push my morals on anybody, but if asked I will say what I believe. I am completely against people that go out and picket and push their veiws. I find it offensive when religious people try to push their morals onto others, but if someone asks me my opinion I will give it.

Who asked you this time?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Me personally? I draw the line when someone's actions start affecting other people. Some guy fucking a goat doesn't change my life at all, nor does it anyone else's (just his maybe), so why would I care? Is it disgusting? Sure it is, but it doesn't change my life so who gives a shit? A gay couple getting married doesn't hurt me or change anything for me either.

Ummm....

Just curious here.

Some guy fucking a goat is that the same to you as 2 consenting adults fucking?
Owned by Remi #?

I am genuinely curious as to what is so bad about being gay? Why does the church look SO down upon it? Enough to say 'no - you're not *allowed* to marry the person you love - either in this church or now by law'. Is it because its gross? Because the point of marriage is to unify a family and have children? I'm really trying to understand why religous people are just so utterly against gay unions being called marriage. I cannot seem to grasp the concept. Then again, I'm not religious and gay people getting married has zero effect on me whatsoever. I'm also wondering how it DOES affect the religious folk.

I beleive this was a question

I am a greek midget

Ummm....

Just curious here.

Some guy fucking a goat is that the same to you as 2 consenting adults fucking?

Is that what I said at all or implied in any way? No.

To answer your question, you'd truly need to be able to understand consent and how it applies to the parties involved in the relationship.

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming it's about a guy fucking a deer (based on your leadup).

1.) If it was alive, I'm not sure how he'd be able to demonstrate that the deer was having consentual sex, and I'd be apt to look at it as animal abuse.

2.) If it was dead, and he was fucking it in private, I would have a hard time finding a legal issue with it. Disgusting (to me)? Yep. But whatever some lonely hunter does in the privacy of his own home with his own property is of no concern to me.

So. To respond to your "slippery slope" concerns:

• No, an adult shouldn't be able to marry a child. The child cannot give consent.

• No, an adult shouldn't be able to marry an animal. The animal cannot give consent.

• Yes, an adult should be able to marry another adult. They can both give consent.

• .jim
    "Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Which brings me back to the question of where do you draw the line of right and wrong. At some point you have to have a moral standard. Was this guy right or should there be laws. And once again I am not comparing the two, just illustrating that each person has their morals and draws the line somewhere.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/22/deer_man_convicted/

You are mixing two things that are wholly unrelated...one involves the nature of a loving relationship between consenting adults, the other is sex with an animal, an act specifically proscribed by law. It's significant to note that the offender in the cited crime had previously killed a horse specifically for the purpose of having sex with its corpse. Still, I'll humor you by admitting that your question is tough to answer, and here's why.

I think it's kind of wierd, but perfectly legal, for a person to masturbate with a piece of fruit in the privacy of their own home.
    It follows logically, that it should be legal (albeit distasteful) for a person to masturbate with a piece of steak in the privacy of their own home.
    So what is a dead deer most like, a steak, or an animal? I guess I'd have to go with a steak, as objectionable as that seems to me. If a guy went out and shot a deer and took it home and had "sex" with some part of it while he was butchering it in the privacy of his own garage, I'd find that disgusting but probably legal. If the same guy went out and shot a deer specifically for the purpose of fucking it on the side of the road? I think that has crossed a line somewhere into the realm of "obscene". Bottom line? I don't really have a good answer. I think that the guy has serious mental problems but has worked himself into a grey area legally speaking.

Either way, I think the example is completely irrelevant to a quetion of whether two consenting adults should be able to legally engage in an activity that other consenting adults legally engage in every day, especially when the entire basis of the prohibition is gender.

Now please explain why you think an animal should be able to enter into a legally binding contract.

Blues,
    Dave
    "I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
    (drink Mountain Dew)

It was quade who can not read well enough to understand that there was no comparison

Yes there is. If you bring the subject into this thread there can ONLY be one reason for doing so. If you want to try to weasel out of that, fine, but you absolutely make the comparison simply by introducing it into the conversation.

If you are saying one thing is "moral" or "immoral" and introduce another thing and ask is this alright and where do you draw the line you are absolutely making a comparison. And in this particular case you're comparing gay people to animals.
    quade -
    The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And I have stated repetedly why I brought it up. Maybe you should go back and reread my posts, anybody with some rational sense could understand. There was no comparison. There was an illustaration of drawing the line of right and wrong. For some it may be cussing for others screwing dad animals, but there is a line somewhere for each of us.

I am a greek midget