lewmonst

NO on Prop 8 (California)

Grown adults?

Marry who you want when you want.

The non taxpayers?

STFU. We've heard enough of you.

As soon as you pay taxes, as do the rest of us, you may THEN begin to voice your opinions as Americans. WE support this country.

Ministers, Preachers, scabs, welfare recipients, assholes, and anyone ELSE that doesn't pay taxes?? (Including Wesley "punk-ass" Snipes, and the guy that funded all of the "Disney" kids, Lou Pearlman)

THAT MEANS YOU!

The rest of you?

Continue. You've earned the right to voice your opinion, unless it's influenced by a church.

Churchies? Save it for church. They don't pay taxes, there, so they are as worthless as your VOTE.

I have and can supply for you anger managment and or diversity programs that can help you if you wish
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Want to post the rest of my reply?

I will if you answer the question I asked. It's

Fortunatly I dont have to wait for you to do the right thing. It is already there for all to see.

I answered the question. Sorry if you did not like it.

Abraham Lincoln

Gay couples are not "recognizes" as couples in the religions I know of. As to what equality is that you refer to I dont know.

So, I do not feel the question you asked I can answer directly but I hope this helps you understand my position

In other words:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"
Owned by Remi #?

Gay couples are not "recognizes" as couples in the religions I know of. As to what equality is that you refer to I dont know.

So, I do not feel the question you asked I can answer directly but I hope this helps you understand my position

In other words:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

Nice words. Where did YOU get them?
Abraham Lincoln

Um,

SAME SEX partners raise KIDS.

Yes they do! Probably more-successful ones than NASCAR fans will ever hope to, as well.. Let's face it, if you are actually stimulated by cars going around in circles, you're probably of a lesser IQ than the rest of us that demand quality entertainment. So let US decide what is acceptable for our peers, and you just stay focused on Cheetos and number 24 (and quit VOTING, that pisses us off.)

Most of the the children raised by gay/lesbian couples are given up by different-sex partners, obviously, simply based on the fact that I've never seen a man become impregnated from anal sex..... (except for that dude on Oprah, which becomes a different thread.)

Doing that alone relieves the burden from TAXPAYING citizens who would otherwise support that child. Yes, it's true...... Tax relief for taking away the tax burden???? Only seems REALLY fair to me.

Hells YEAH, they deserve it. The right to be married, to adopt a child into a loving home (and let's face it, Gay people have that nice clean home, hell I don't.... I can't FORCE my wife to clean!!!!)

So unless it's some kind of homophobic, REALLY illiterate, I'm-just-a-complete-redneck-asshole, or Bible-driven reason WHY gay people shouldn't marry?????

It's just an excuse.
"Get these balls!"

Can you please answer this question?

Why are gay couples not considered equal (or "ok) in religion?

Ok let me rephrase then. Why are gay couples not "recognized" in religion like a straight couple?

Ok let me rephrase then. Why are gay couples not "recognized" in religion like a straight couple?

I cant say I know but, I suspect that because of the need to reproduce man and woman unions were recognized and defined. Its a really old book.

You have stated that because of lawyers (and the shit some of them pull) marrige should be the norm in these cases. IF those concerns were handled, would you be ok with civil unions? If not, why?
Abraham Lincoln

"Ok let me rephrase then. Why are gay couples not "recognized" in religion like a straight couple? "

Because not everyone needs a book to tell them how to live their lives. Some of us are actually capable of making our own decisions!

You read the latest copy of "Grimm's Fairy Tales", too?

Still waiting for that bitch to throw her hair down, are ya?
"Get these balls!"

In other words:

Nice words. Where did YOU get them?

They are old - I first saw them on someone's office door at Los Alamos Natl. Lab, decades ago.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Religion does not answer to logic. Your question is without meaning.

Maybe, but her question is not with out value.
Abraham Lincoln

I cant say I know but, I suspect that because of the need to reproduce man and woman unions were recognized and defined. Its a really old book.

You have stated that because of lawyers (and the shit some of them pull) marrige should be the norm in these cases. IF those concerns were handled, would you be ok with civil unions? If not, why?

So marriage was defined "man and woman" because of the need to reproduce? What about straight couples who can't have kids? Should they be allowed to get married?

And where did I say anything about lawyers and what they do?

"Ok let me rephrase then. Why are gay couples not "recognized" in religion like a straight couple? "

Because not everyone needs a book to tell them how to live their lives. Some of us are actually capable of making our own decisions!

You read the latest copy of "Grimm's Fairy Tales", too?

Still waiting for that bitch to throw her hair down, are ya?

I really don't understand what you just said and what you mean.

So marriage was defined "man and woman" because of the need to reproduce? What about straight couples who can't have kids? Should they be allowed to get married?

And where did I say anything about lawyers and what they do?

This thread has been going on a while. It may not have been you speaking to the lawyer topic. Sorry if I miss posted

And as for why? I am just guessing based on my limited knowelge of the bible
Abraham Lincoln

I still wonder about your answer to an earlier query I sent your way.

Who said what about all lawyers not withstanding.

If gays joined in civil unions had the same standing under the law today as a married man and woman, would you still have a problem if they were joined under a civil union and not a marriage?

If you still would have a problem, why?
Abraham Lincoln

Blah blah blah bullshit.

Who cares?

I hear all of these "Republican" types using government as an excuse, sure it is. It's an excuse, and nothing more.

Republicans hate government (Anti-"big government", anti-taxes, free world for business, so forth and so on,) until it becomes time to decide what our kids should read, what should be taught in schools, who can get married, and who can say what on their albums.

FUCK that.

Get married.
"Get these balls!"

I am completely against people that go out and picket and push their veiws. I find it offensive when religious people try to push their morals onto others,

Even when protesting/picketing at abortion clinics?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Gays being able to marry or not makes no difference to me, I am just trying to get some sort of logical answer as to WHY religious oppose same sex marriage so much. Not just a "because it's reserved for man and woman" but WHY it's for man and woman only. I can't seem to get a straight answer (no pun intended).

That said, and to answer your question, I would not have a "problem" per se, but I would not agree with not calling it marriage. Saying you're the same, but refusing to give the same name, isn't really the same is it?

Gays being able to marry or not makes no difference to me, I am just trying to get some sort of logical answer as to WHY religious opposes same sex marriage so much and why. Not just a "because it's reserved for man and woman" but WHY it's for man and woman only. I can't seem to get a straight answer (no pun intended).

That said, and to answer your question, I would not have a "problem" per se, but I would not agree with not calling it marriage. Saying you're the same, but refusing to give the same name, isn't really the same is it?

Hmm, If someone has the same rights I would see it as the same as far as the law goes.

But I have a hard time understanding why someone would care? (really I dont)

If someone really thinks about it there is only one reason to call it marriage today. I mean if gays are giving the same legal standing (as I have stated I think they should have) why is it so important to call it marriage? In todays climate regarding those of religion, and if you take the time to think about it, the reason will show itself. And if the reason I am thinking of is the only reason, who is the one (group) being unreasonable or doing the attacking of something that has existed for centuries?
Abraham Lincoln

I am completely against people that go out and picket and push their veiws. I find it offensive when religious people try to push their morals onto others,

Even when protesting/picketing at abortion clinics?

yes.

I completely agree with you Conundrm....
The question was directed at Chadkal.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."