alw

Joe the Senator Warns of Impending Low Ratings and an International Crisis

. . .WHEN they are elected. First Barry's Freudian slip with the plumber now Biden's warning.

Here's your sign.

Quick libs go get a glass of Koolaid and then share with us how this inspires you.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-if-elected-the-world-will-test-obama-with-a-crisis/

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

>just a slight reach here.

The GOP will give it a few days to see if it gets any traction. Then they will AYERS go back to AYERS their previous AYERS strategy since AYERS it got them AYERS AYERS AYERS AYERS a little AYERS AYERS AYERS AYERS media AYERS AYERS attention.

The GOP will give it a few days to see if it gets any traction. Then they will AYERS go back to AYERS their previous AYERS strategy since AYERS it got them AYERS AYERS AYERS AYERS a little AYERS AYERS AYERS AYERS media AYERS AYERS attention.

No WRIGHT problem. The repubs WRIGHT have plenty to WRIGHT focus on WRIGHT without Ayers being WRIGHT center stage.

. . =(_8^(1)

See? Now you're getting it. (Although the Wright talking point is so April.)

It might be an old talking point, but I believe the Wright issue got stuck in the craw of many fence sitters.

It is/was a big deal for some who are trying to see what Obama is really made of. Glossing over it didn't make it go away (for many).

. . =(_8^(1)

>It might be an old talking point, but I believe the Wright issue got stuck
>in the craw of many fence sitters.

I think you're right. For many, it was the beginning of the end. Some examples of people who are switching sides based on McCain's negative campaigning and guilt-by-association tirades:

=================
This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic. A once-first class temperament has become irascible and snarly; his positions change, and lack coherence; he makes unrealistic promises, such as balancing the federal budget “by the end of my first term.” Who, really, believes that? Then there was the self-dramatizing and feckless suspension of his campaign over the financial crisis. His ninth-inning attack ads are mean-spirited and pointless. And finally, not to belabor it, there was the Palin nomination. What on earth can he have been thinking?
=================
And I've also been disappointed, frankly, by some of the approaches that Senator McCain has taken recently, or his campaign ads, on issues that are not really central to the problems that the American people are worried about. This Bill Ayers situation that's been going on for weeks became something of a central point of the campaign. But Mr. McCain says that he's a washed-out terrorist. Well, then, why do we keep talking about him? And why do we have these robocalls going on around the country trying to suggest that, because of this very, very limited relationship that Senator Obama has had with Mr. Ayers, somehow, Mr. Obama is tainted. What they're trying to connect him to is some kind of terrorist feelings. And I think that's inappropriate.
================

I think McCain could regain some lost supporters by taking the high road and abandoning the pointless character assassinations, but I have a feeling it would be too little, too late. Americans don't want someone who will spend their time attacking the character of anyone who disagrees with them; they had enough of that under Bush.

Nor did Michelle's thesis ease any of the discomfort I'm feeling.

Which part of Michelle Obama's (nee Robinson) thesis?
What about it causes you discomfort?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

. . .WHEN they are elected. First Barry's Freudian slip with the plumber now Biden's warning.

Here's your sign.

Quick libs go get a glass of Koolaid and then share with us how this inspires you.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-if-elected-the-world-will-test-obama-with-a-crisis/

This post and the cited content is an interesting contrast with "Good job McCain supporters."

[alw] What was your intent?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Addendum:

We're seeing this anti-negative-campaigning backlash in other places. Last week Michele Bachmann, a candidate for US representative, said this in an interview:

==================
MATTHEWS: So you think Barack Obama may have anti-American views?

BACHMANN: Absolutely. I'm very concerned that he may have anti-American views. That's what the American people are concerned about. That's why they want to know what his answers are. . . .

MATTHEWS: How many are anti-American in the Congress right now that you serve with?

BACHMANN: You'd have to ask them, Chris. I'm focusing on Barack Obama and the people that he's been associated with and I'm very worried about their anti-American nature.

MATTHEWS: But do you suspect there are a lot of people you serve with -- well, he's the United States senator from Illinois, he's one of the people you suspect as being anti-American. How many people in Congress of the United States do you believe are ant-American? Is he alone or are there others? How many do you suspect of your colleagues of being anti-American.

BACHMANN: What I would say what I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating exposé and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think people would be -- would love to see an expose like that.
===================

Result? Her opponent raised nearly a million dollars after her comments became public, and it is looking like she will now lose the election.

She is now backpedaling like mad, and is claiming that she never said that. Today she said "I did not suggest the word 'anti-American.' I said the media should look into views." (Unfortunately for her, her words were recorded.)

I am hoping this will serve as a warning to politicians on both sides of the aisle. Go negative for your surrogate - and you'll lose.

VR/Marg

Probably the first 12 words of the 6th sentence of the 4th paragraph. If you pronounce it backward, it sounds like "wear your underwear on the outside" (or something to that effect). Smoking gun!:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Probably the first 12 words of the 6th sentence of the 4th paragraph. If you pronounce it backward, it sounds like "wear your underwear on the outside" (or something to that effect). Smoking gun!:|

Hmmm ... now I'm going to have to go look up what are the "first 12 words of the 6th sentence of the 4th paragraph." :DB|
It's 98 pages so that's not real far into it.

/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying

>just a slight reach here.

The McC. campaign is making millions of AYERS 'robocalls' (and other hate calls too).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation. I can just hear Obama on the phone afterward, furiously puffing on that cigarette:

JOE! STICK TO THE TALKING POINTS OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Regarding Wright, why are black preachers who say anti-American things so much scarier than white preachers who say anti-American things?

And for the Republicans who are getting worked up about this shit: What SPECIFICALLY do you think it would mean about how Obama would conduct his presidency? Do you think he'll blow up the Pentagon, or turn the White House into a pyramid, or what?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation.

what's to remark about? A selective misreading by some doesn't warrant much of a response.

So.....what about his remarks do you find positive, thoughtful, reformist, or at least vice presidential? What vision for a hopeful or changed America did he convey? What was the REAL vision that we are selectively misreading?
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

Regarding Wright, why are black preachers who say anti-American things so much scarier than white preachers who say anti-American things?

They're not. Why do you make it a race issue?

And for the Republicans who are getting worked up about this shit: What SPECIFICALLY do you think it would mean about how Obama would conduct his presidency?

I think it's one questionable affiliation in a line of questionable affiliations. His judgement on who he chooses to surround himself with is just another thing that bothers me.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

What is nice about a statement like this is that an it is pretty easy to make smething a crisis. I had a girlfriend where a "crisis" is when I ask how many times they got dumped after hearing her poetry. And many would agree that it is goodf cause for a crisis.

So if a Pakistani politician is assassinated, well, crisis requiring a decision from Obama. OPEC decides to cut production? Crisis. Floods in North Korea? Crisis.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>They're not. Why do you make it a race issue?

Good to hear that you're not making it a race issue! I didn't know you had condemned McCain for soliciting endorsements from Hagee and Parsley.

>I think it's one questionable affiliation in a line of questionable affiliations.

Both candidates have plenty of "questionable affiliations" if you look hard enough. Indeed, McCain has far more close friends who are convicted felons than Obama.

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation.

what's to remark about? A selective misreading by some doesn't warrant much of a response.

More koolaid please. ;)

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.