alw

Joe the Senator Warns of Impending Low Ratings and an International Crisis

>They're not. Why do you make it a race issue?

Good to hear that you're not making it a race issue! I didn't know you had condemned McCain for soliciting endorsements from Hagee and Parsley.

It's not a race issue. Hagee's comments were not ok just like Wright's weren't. Where's the problem in that? McCain didn't attend Hagee's church for 20 years. Round and round we go. My post was a direct response to a question about race. Neither person's comments were acceptable regardless of skin color.

>I think it's one questionable affiliation in a line of questionable affiliations.

Both candidates have plenty of "questionable affiliations" if you look hard enough. Indeed, McCain has far more close friends who are convicted felons than Obama.

So my statement is true, then. And you don't have to look particularly hard to find them. We could go back and forth all day, as has been done in other threads.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Neeeeeeeeeddddd moooooore Kooooolaid

If you notice, RW political slander has to do with trying to discredit issues not about that politician's performance, but other generally fabricated or exacerbated issues. Notice that the Dems generally concentrate on issues of performance, past and potentially future if elected. IOW's, will McCain be another Bush fiscally, not will he be fucking some woman or he cheated on his ailing wife, etc....

As time goes on, people see that the R's are politicians, not performers; look at data and you see that is reflected in their results.

Glossing over it didn't make it go away (for many).

Yep. Nor did Michelle's thesis ease any of the discomfort I'm feeling. I see Obama as a left wing radical racist.

And that's my point, rather than reviewing his performance in the Senate, state and federal, the RW trys to ad hominem attack him.

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation. I can just hear Obama on the phone afterward, furiously puffing on that cigarette:

JOE! STICK TO THE TALKING POINTS OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!

You guys crack me up, your MO is not to brag your guy's potential performance, but to try to make the other guy personally undesireable. Sad thing is that it works in some cases, look at the last 28 years, 5 of 7 elections it worked. I think American's tolerance has passed and they're done listening to slander, esp slander not related to performance but to personal matters. Look how Obama reacted when news of Palin's unwed daughter came out that she was pregnant; he said it was off limits. If that was the R's, they would be all over that.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>I think it's one questionable affiliation in a line of questionable affiliations. His judgement on who he chooses to surround himself with is just another thing that bothers me.

We could say this about Bush and McCain, bush is considered a very harmful person to the US and McCain seems to love the guy. But when, as applies to the R's, you run on an undesireable platform, then you seem to misdirect to issue not related to performance.....this descreibes the RW.

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation. I can just hear Obama on the phone afterward, furiously puffing on that cigarette:

JOE! STICK TO THE TALKING POINTS OR SHUT THE FUCK UP!

You guys crack me up, your MO is not to brag your guy's potential performance, but to try to make the other guy personally undesireable. Sad thing is that it works in some cases, look at the last 28 years, 5 of 7 elections it worked. I think American's tolerance has passed and they're done listening to slander, esp slander not related to performance but to personal matters. Look how Obama reacted when news of Palin's unwed daughter came out that she was pregnant; he said it was off limits. If that was the R's, they would be all over that.

And you crack ME up. This thread is about a Biden gaff that makes his own running mate seem undesirable. To insinuate that the world thinks Obama is inexperienced and untested is not a good move for his own campaign. But, I don't think Biden is making a personal attack on Obama, as you state. I believe Obama's experience or lack thereof should be fair game, and Biden should feel free to go for it! And youre right. I hope Biden considers Obama's daughters off limits as he continues on the campaign trail.

At best, it's a comical Biden gaff in which he reverts to his old primary speeches that Obama is not qualified to be the Pres. At worst, its an indication of the type of gaff we can expect when he's visiting a foreign dignitary.

I knew this would be entertaining when Joe was announced. I think he may still be good for one or two in the next two weeks.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation.

what's to remark about? A selective misreading by some doesn't warrant much of a response.

So.....what about his remarks do you find positive, thoughtful, reformist, or at least vice presidential? What vision for a hopeful or changed America did he convey? What was the REAL vision that we are selectively misreading?

He said the next President will have to show some leadership. Duh. I have no idea how this surprises you - if the situation wasn't FUBAR'd, a junior black senator wouldn't have had a chance in this election.

Good thing I live in an uncontested state - listening to two more weeks of this sort of lame BS would be tiring.

You guys crack me up, your MO is not to brag your guy's potential performance, but to try to make the other guy personally undesireable.

Can you point out the Republican ads talking about McCain's cancer, his divorce, the number of houses he owns and his age? Thanks.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You guys crack me up, your MO is not to brag your guy's potential performance, but to try to make the other guy personally undesireable.

Can you point out the Republican ads talking about McCain's cancer, his divorce, the number of houses he owns and his age? Thanks.

FWIW, if there have been any pro-Dem ads on radio or TV saying that in particular about JM, I haven't seen/heard them.

FWIW, if there have been any pro-Dem ads on radio or TV saying that in particular about JM, I haven't seen/heard them.

Yeah, I completely screwed that one up - I meant to point out all the posts here (many by Lucky) talking about McCain's age, cancer, divorce, etc etc etc.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Glossing over it didn't make it go away (for many).

Yep. Nor did Michelle's thesis ease any of the discomfort I'm feeling. I see Obama as a left wing radical racist.

And that's my point, rather than reviewing his performance in the Senate, state and federal, the RW trys to ad hominem attack him.

That's because most people understand that what both candidates are saying on the issues is a load of crap.

W. "I will restore honor and integrity to the White House"

Bill Clinton "I will streamline the federal government and change the way it works, cut 100,000 bureaucrats and put 100,000 new police officers on your streets of American cities"

H.W. "Read my lips..."

And so on ad nauseum
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What's interesting in this thread is that no one is contesting Biden's stupid remarks. They are just shifting the conversation.

what's to remark about? A selective misreading by some doesn't warrant much of a response.

More koolaid please. ;)

Again, what is your point?

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

More koolaid please. ;)

Again, what is your point? /Marg

That he's thirsty.
You need to focus.

>McCain didn't attend Hagee's church for 20 years.

And Obama didn't research Wright's positions and then actively go after Wright's endorsement.

>So my statement is true, then.

Yep. But when it's applied to your candidate, you are eager to overlook them and call them ancient history. When applied to a candidate who is in the other party, you condemn him for the same associations. Odd.

More koolaid please. ;)

Again, what is your point?

/Marg

It's a minor symptom of greater illness called the "Black Knight Syndrome". After being bested through traditional means e.g., logical debate, verifiable evidence, etc., those afflicted with BKS may resort to "face saving" tactics such as the conscious effort to claim a stalemate, hoping to allow the issue to quietly wane, as opposed to the more appropriate response of surrender and capitulation. Those severely afflicted with BKS may not consciously be capable of the realization that their deductive argumentation was based on a false premise. With the absence of an evidential sequence ending in what they have predetermined to be "the" logical conclusion the BKS afflicted cerebral pugilist will often attempt to conclude the contest with an appeal to some sort of unquantifiable or unverifiable mind altering power, typically manifested by vocal outbursts such as "God wills it" or in this case "keep drinking the kool aid".
Many believed that the onset of the "information age" would cure the BKS afflicted. However the unforeseen emergence of a concurrent "misinformation age" has nullified that effect.

So.....what about his remarks do you find positive, thoughtful, reformist, or at least vice presidential? What vision for a hopeful or changed America did he convey? What was the REAL vision that we are selectively misreading?

He said the next President will have to show some leadership. Duh. I have no idea how this surprises you - if the situation wasn't FUBAR'd, a junior black senator wouldn't have had a chance in this election.

Good thing I live in an uncontested state - listening to two more weeks of this sort of lame BS would be tiring.

You mean an uncontested blue state, try an uncontested red state :o[:/]

No, and the Dems are proud enough not to either;)

Yeah, I completely screwed that one up - I meant to point out all the posts here (many by Lucky) talking about McCain's age, cancer, divorce, etc etc etc.

That's OK,. there'll be other threads :S

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>That's because most people understand that what both candidates are saying on the issues is a load of crap.

No, your party has fucked things up and is blamed, hence you want to pull the other side in. Age-old. Just let it go and go fix your party.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>W. "I will restore honor and integrity to the White House"

Bill Clinton "I will streamline the federal government and change the way it works, cut 100,000 bureaucrats and put 100,000 new police officers on your streets of American cities"

H.W. "Read my lips..."

And so on ad nauseum

As much as I usually hate ends-justify-means, let's look at the net result and then judge.

>McCain didn't attend Hagee's church for 20 years.

And Obama didn't research Wright's positions and then actively go after Wright's endorsement.

You're right. He attended for 20 years on his own accord.

>So my statement is true, then.

Yep. But when it's applied to your candidate, you are eager to overlook them and call them ancient history. When applied to a candidate who is in the other party, you condemn him for the same associations. Odd.

Careful. You're starting to mount a MDIF argument.

I don't overlook them at all. The Keating scandal was investigated and McCain found innocent. Liddy paid his debt to society. Both were wrong. Obama's ties involve bombing the homeland and quotes like "God Damn America." Then he's found to be donating money to an organization actively trying to persuade his election. Two wrongs don't make a right, but Obama's ties are much more concerning to me.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

>You're right. He attended for 20 years on his own accord.

Yep. And I went to a church for 18 years of my own accord before I found out that one of the priests there was a pedophile. Sure, there had been rumors, but we assumed they were just that.

>The Keating scandal was investigated and McCain found innocent.

He was officially chastised by the committee for his role in it, and he has admitted his complicity and his error.

>Liddy paid his debt to society.

You are condoning McCain's friendship with a convicted felon because he was in jail? Going to jail doesn't change what you did. Indeed, he doesn't seem to have learned; he advocates the murder of government officials on his radio show.

Obama is on the board of a committee that has a suspected terrorist on it, and had a political event in his living room. Therefore he has associations with terrorists.

McCain counts Liddy as one of his friends, and Liddy held a fundraiser for him in his house. Therefore there's no problem at all with that.

Now, had Liddy been black, and had the same sort of relationship with Obama that he has with McCain, there would have been ten times the screaming that we had heard over Ayers. "OBAMA IS BEST FRIENDS WITH A CONVICTED MURDEROUS FELON! Do we really want a MURDEROUS FELON to have control of US government policy? Are you OK with a man who wants to shoot government officials who disagree with him in the head?"

You mean an uncontested blue state, try an uncontested red state :o[:/]

From a TV/radio perspective, I wouldn't expect to hear much in either a red or blue state. No reason to spend money on Texas when you're facing a massive fundraiser like Obama. But from angry people upset at an apparent loss coming, I could see you having to listen to a lot of irrational ranting.