kallend

What annual income puts you among "The Rich"?

From a skydiving point of view, you are rich of you can do fun jumps at any time without ever questioning "how much is this going to cost me". In this case, I used to be rich, but I guess I spent much of my old wealth on my jumps. But skydivers and the whuffo world are two radically different topics. B|

really rich means you can afford to run a DZ with one seat in the plane dedicated to you.

From a skydiving point of view, you are rich of you can do fun jumps at any time without ever questioning "how much is this going to cost me". In this case, I used to be rich, but I guess I spent much of my old wealth on my jumps. But skydivers and the whuffo world are two radically different topics. B|

really rich means you can afford to run a DZ with one seat in the plane dedicated to you.

I stand corrected. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Rich = when you don't even know how many houses you own.:P

Link for the uninformed:

Yeah, here's another link.

Y'all jealous?

Y'all out of touch with the concept of statistics?

Sorry - snide remarks != 'concept of statistics'.

Fail.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Rich = when you don't even know how many houses you own.:P

Link for the uninformed:

Yeah, here's another link.

Y'all jealous?

Y'all out of touch with the concept of statistics?

Sorry - snide remarks != 'concept of statistics'.

Fail.

The primary "out of touch" person seems to be McCain. He really IS Bush III.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

6% of the population makes +$150,000 a year and Obama thinks he can stick it to that group? Sounds like most of the people on this thread make millions.

Since when did paying your way instead of borrowing from your children become having it stuck to you?

You aren't going to eliminate a $400BILLION deficit by taxing the homeless. OTOH, people with so many homes they can't count them seem fair game to me.

6% of the population makes +$150,000 a year and Obama thinks he can stick it to that group? Sounds like most of the people on this thread make millions.

Since when did paying your way instead of borrowing from your children become having it stuck to you?

You aren't going to eliminate a $400BILLION deficit by taxing the homeless. OTOH, people with so many homes they can't count them seem fair game to me.

[sarcasm] Yes, responsible people should be penalized and lazy people should have their hand held by the government. [/sarcasm] By the way, I'm dirt poor, but I look forward to the day I'm rich (a guy can hope, can't he?), and I dread the day I have to care for the careless/lazy/unlucky. (Unlucky people will be fine in due time.)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Personally i don't believe annual income has anything to do with being rich.

Some people have all the meney in the world and are miserable and soem have nothing and are happy.

But you do need money in our so called modern societies so for myself i would think that a combined income od $200k would make me rich.

At present we are about $100k from commercial skydiving. we jump for a living and get to go overseas on holiday each year. we have it pretty good so i would call ourselves comfortable.

To be rich for me is not the amount of money you have but what you can do with what you have.

I don't desire an expensive car or a large house.

I feel great that I could buy a $1000 electric skateboard that takes me to work, jumping out of planes all day. I would be less happy driving a flash car because the distance is short and the parking is a hassle. Not to mention worrying about someone sealing or damaging it.

Some people however will never be happy, especially thise that have not had a taste of poverty.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

[sarcasm] Yes, responsible people should be penalized and lazy people should have their hand held by the government. [/sarcasm] By the way, I'm dirt poor, but I look forward to the day I'm rich (a guy can hope, can't he?), and I dread the day I have to care for the careless/lazy/unlucky. (Unlucky people will be fine in due time.)

How is paying the cost of running the country a penalty?

I'm surprised, and maybe I shouldn't be, that both candidates define rich by annual income. IT'S ACCUMULATED WEALTH!

A person that makes $250K per year, but is in hock up to their eyeballs for a mortgage they can hardly keep up with and a bunch of toys that only deteriorate and depreciate over time is hardly rich.

Richness is wealth, as in looking at all components of the balance sheet - not just the paycheck you bring home.

And paying for the cost of running the country is a penalty when a person has to pay their own share plus the share of a bunch of lazy fucking slobs.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

HUH?

Give me a break Kallend you dork. The "rich" whoever they are ARE paying taxes. The question is what is "rich" There isn't enough of the "super rich" (which I guess is someone who makes $10,000 more than Kallend) to "stick it to" to pay off the 400 Billion deficit. Like it or not, it will come from the middle class.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Fact is, we tax INCOME, not ACCUMULATED WEALTH.

Yes, but I get taxed on the income my accumulated wealth makes.

To me, rich is when you make enough off of the income from your accumulated wealth that you don't have to work.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

To me, rich is when you make enough off of the income from your accumulated wealth that you don't have to work.

Hey, someone left the door open and Ron wandered in. Now we have to feed him and let him use the bathroon.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Does the taxman care what the source of your income is (excluding certain privileged classes like farmers, who do get special treatment)?

I suspect that's why both candidates homed in on income as the measure.

Does the taxman care what the source of your income is (excluding certain privileged classes like farmers, who do get special treatment)?

Yes. They use the source to determine how much I owe. Currently, my investment gains are only taxed at 15% versus the higher rate from my income from employment.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Yes. They use the source to determine how much I owe. Currently, my investment gains are only taxed at 15% versus the higher rate from my income from employment.

So the rich get privileged treatment. There's a big surprise.:o

(Not really)