quade

Obama at Berlin

Not one person here can answer the question. You can not either. Because you dont have one.

His speech was a touchy feely rock and roll star I love you media event that said absolutly nothing.

Tear dowm walls (what wall and how? I seem to remember two countries across the pond electing very pro america pro Bush leaders that campained they were pro bush pro usa. No walls there)

Build a bridge... to what and why? Tell me please.

Many have posted I am blinded. sheesh what are you pro BHO groupies......:S

and I dont like McCain either lest you forget...

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

:D Sure, I think the quote may be over the 200 character limit.

But seriously, @rushmc, I have a geniune, and non sarcastic question for you. Why do you appear to be so very angry over this topic?

Ian

I am not angry about the topic.

What winds me up is attitude. Down your nose you dont know anything because you dont agree with (me)attitude. That is what your post to me came across as.>:(
Abraham Lincoln

Why do you appear to be so very angry over this topic?

Change from the ultra right wing neo con nightmare we are living thru.. is a very scary thing for them. They would be quite happy with 8 more years of a war that has no effect on them personally.

Oh and that means ANY change... not Obama change.

I have read his speech. I have watched him deliver it. I dont get the orgasm over it and I asked a question. All I have gotten is greif, because there is no answer.
Abraham Lincoln

I've been my usual rude self and not quite given my reply to the issue in question. My reply to Ian related to a generic SC reply which could almost always apply! I just liked it.

In regards to Osama, sorry, Obama.....

Simple really. The world is fucked off with Prez Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield, etc policies, because they can see them for what they are.

They think Obama 'might' be the solution. Who else is there!? They see the fozen chip dude as a continuance of the Bush mob.

Can you excuse me for being a touch incoherant? Obama is like todays Pope in my eyes. Look into their eyes!

Fuckin' look at them.

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

There is a simple answer...

TRAVEL abroad... talk with the people you find there.... and you will understand. Being in a very isolated and insular world prevents seeing that thumbing the collective american nose at the rest of the world.. is counterproductive.

Why do you appear to be so very angry over this topic?

Change from the ultra right wing neo con nightmare we are living thru.. is a very scary thing for them. They would be quite happy with 8 more years of a war that has no effect on them personally.

Guess what Jean

One of the first to die in this war, Ben Carmin, from Jefferson Iowa, was a close family friend. My boys went to his mothers for day care. My boys played with him every day. I watched him grow and grew to love him. I was as proud of him (as his mother is of him still today) when he became a Marine. I went to a town of over 5000 and watched a funeral line take over 3 hours to shake the hands of his mother and father>:(

It is dumb ass lame statements like this, that have caused me to ignore you most of the time. You stepped past where I could ignore you

Thanks for proving my point>:(

Points of talking down your nose at people and points of you posting about something you not a dam thing about
Abraham Lincoln

Simple really. The world is fucked off with Prez Bush/Cheney/Rumsfield, etc policies, because they can see them for what they are.

The media says this yet the peoples votes dont hold it up.

You and those like you are pissed so you seem to extend that to the world with nothing solid to back it up.

I understand your point (which I cant agree with) and I thank you for a reply

Abraham Lincoln

Mate, for goodness sake, see it for what she's saying. Whilst you may disagree with her point of view, it's her point of which you seem to be blind to. It isn't a competition. It isn't ever something to get emotional about - which, funnily enough, we all seem to be good at doing.

Just be open I guess. 'Cos i'm generally always blinded by my point of view, whilst I reckon your view is actually to good to be buried under a slagging match. So there!:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

What she said

They would be quite happy with 8 more years of a war that has no effect on them personally.

I did read it. Did you?
Abraham Lincoln

Sorry mate - I don't understand your last reply. SC/north Atlantic gap again?

I'm all ears though.

You posted

Mate, for goodness sake, see it for what she's saying.

I did see it for what is was. I dont think you did.

Why? Because this is her post to which I responded

Look at the bolded words in her postand you will see/understand what I replied to.

Make sense now? (I am trying)

Abraham Lincoln

But you guys still are willing to sacrifice others to further your right wing stupidity and incompetence... just like your chimp in chief.>:(

Oddly enough, I'm STILL not seeing those reports of all the Dems volunteering for Afghanistan... got a link for that yet?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Oh yeah.. thats right.. you can only serve your country is you are a right wing rePUBICan... I forgot...sorry but I cant buy into your illusion of "reality".. I think you will find that there are a LOT of servicemembers that may have had a change of political leaning after the bullshit since 2003.... heck some of them are even democrats... and running for office on a platform diametrically opposed to your support of the failed policies of this administration.

DUDE get the fuck over it....I think you will find there are plenty of people who serve who do not follow your deviation from what you believe to be normal.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/060326/3dems.htm

"our policymakers haven't lived up to the sacrifice of our troops." And Duckworth, who won the Democratic primary for Illinois's Sixth District last week, ought to know: She lost both legs when her helicopter was shot down. She believes the Iraq war was a mistake but opposes immediate U.S. withdrawal. Even so, she insists the primary victory had more to do with her healthcare plan than her status as a veteran critical of the war. "Being a vet gives you a platform, so that people will listen," she says. "And that's all it gives you."

Pssst..... after all this time.. you STILL do not understand your chickenhawk.... THEy support WAR in all its glorius details.. yet cant be bothered to go themselves.... that might mean putting their "patriotism" to the test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGit_tZDqs

But go on and believe as you continually will.... incessantly... wouldnt it be kewl if all these supportive young rePUBICans could actually serve.. if they werent so infirm.... with all those excuses not to serve.:S:S:S

Not one person here can answer the question. You can not either. Because you dont have one.

His speech was a touchy feely rock and roll star I love you media event that said absolutly nothing.

Tear dowm walls (what wall and how? I seem to remember two countries across the pond electing very pro america pro Bush leaders that campained they were pro bush pro usa. No walls there)

If you listened to the speech his point is that he wants to dealing with terrorism and the proliferation of nuclear weapons by working WITH other countries (building bridges, it is a metaphor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor)
He used Nato's defeat of the USSR as an example of the USA working well with other Nations.

You really have to listen to the whole thing and not take sound bites out of context, he was not actually taking about building real bridges around the world you know (did you look at the link for metaphor, you can also look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy), his speeches are not a collection of unconnected phrases, he (unlike some others) puts together a comprehensive coherent speech and he delivers it really well.

P.S. Don't forget to accuse me of looking down my nose at you.

I am not trying to be a smart ass but you know he is one in the Senate who co-autored a bill that would take .9% of the US GNP and give it to the UN to fight world proverty.

Marc,

Can you point to this specific bill?

More than once similar assertions that the S.2433 “Global Poverty Act of 2007,” bill does similar have been wholly discredited.
Those claims were completely false.

See Here and here.

Direct support of the Bill’s actual goals -- i.e., interagency coordination on *currently funded programs* in support of & endorsing President Bush’s Millennium Challenge Goals, here by SecState Condoleezza Rice.

Please, please don’t believe me. Please don’t take my word for it. Please go look at the text of the bill yourself. The primary data is readily available … & your tax dollars go to making it available through resources like www.thomas.gov: “In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress” and Government Printing Office (GPO) Access, which “contains all published versions of bills from the 103rd (1993-1994) Congress forward.”

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Why did all those Germans turn up to see him? - Weird - Unless, of course, he just visited where there already was a large crowd. - who did they REALLY come to see?

Hmm. Weird. You are right. For many years at same time, we had the love parade held in Berlin, about 1.5 million visitors last year. Perhaps they mixed up the locations?? (Love parade took place in another city this year).

:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

If you listened to the speech his point is that he wants to dealing with terrorism and the proliferation of nuclear weapons by working WITH other countries (building bridges, it is a metaphor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor)
He used Nato's defeat of the USSR as an example of the USA working well with other Nations.

You really have to listen to the whole thing and not take sound bites out of context, he was not actually taking about building real bridges around the world you know (did you look at the link for metaphor, you can also look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy), his speeches are not a collection of unconnected phrases, he (unlike some others) puts together a comprehensive coherent speech and he delivers it really well.

P.S. Don't forget to accuse me of looking down my nose at you.

I did listen to the whole speech thank you very much and I will tell you when you do it again. Which in my estimation will be very soon.
Abraham Lincoln

I am not trying to be a smart ass but you know he is one in the Senate who co-autored a bill that would take .9% of the US GNP and give it to the UN to fight world proverty.

Marc,

Can you point to this specific bill?

More than once similar assertions that the S.2433 “Global Poverty Act of 2007,” bill does similar have been wholly discredited.
Those claims were completely false.

See Here and here.

Direct support of the Bill’s actual goals -- i.e., interagency coordination on *currently funded programs* in support of & endorsing President Bush’s Millennium Challenge Goals, here by SecState Condoleezza Rice.

Please, please don’t believe me. Please don’t take my word for it. Please go look at the text of the bill yourself. The primary data is readily available … & your tax dollars go to making it available through resources like www.thomas.gov: “In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, legislative information from the Library of Congress” and Government Printing Office (GPO) Access, which “contains all published versions of bills from the 103rd (1993-1994) Congress forward.”

VR/Marg

Marg, it may have very well been discredited. I will admit that this time I have spent little time looking into .

I may look some more but given your attention to detail and ability to find this kind of stuff, I may just bow to the best I have ever seen;) (note:comment meant with great respect!)
Marc
Abraham Lincoln

Tell me what specifically tears down walls and builds bridges?

How and what is he talking about?

Damn you're demanding. Sorry not playing this game with you. don't really have the time since I'm at work.

Cause you cant. My question cant be anwered because there is no answer.

If he has said somethig laying it out then please, provide a link.

Actually I can at least answer why but I'm not because Ian is right. You can criticize him for looking down his nose at you but all I see is him telling it like it is.
www.FourWheelerHB.com