JohnRich

Policewoman with an AR-15 rifle

This isn't really Speaker's Corner debate material, but since it features a firearm, this forum is where it supposedly belongs. I wouldn't want to offend anyone in Bonfire by making them see the word "rifle".

First, view the attached photo of a news story.
The second image attached is a zoom-in on the photo only.

Now, tell me if you see anything wrong with that picture.

>I do, however, see a magazine which has been placed in the magazine well incorrectly.

Uh oh . . I once referred to a clip as a magazine and was lectured on my grievous error in nomenclature by several gun experts here on DZ.com.

Magazine is in backwards and her stance is horrible! If you going to shoot at least have the right stance and steady yourself to make it a clean shot.

How does one even get a magazine to stay in backwards in a AR-15? I'ts grooved to hold it one way only :S

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>I do, however, see a magazine which has been placed in the magazine well incorrectly.

Uh oh . . I once referred to a clip as a magazine and was lectured on my grievous error in nomenclature by several gun experts here on DZ.com.

And what is the gist of the distinction between one ad the other?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF21sihEgOU

Here's a youtube clip.:P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_(firearm)
Muff #5048

A clip is a metal "rail" that holds rounds clipped together for some weapons. A M-1 takes a clip. What most people call "clips" in terms of modern firearms is really a magazine.

Calling a magazine a clip shows a lack of knowledge about a firearm. That's fine, unless you're trying to state that you know what you're talking about. That's sort of like someone claiming to be an up-jumper calling the toggles on a canopy the "strings."

In regards to the picture. I'm willing to bet that she will be pulled into her supervisor's office and sent back to the training division or a firearms instructor. Hell, she might get all three. Either way, she needs serious retraining and to have that AR taken away from her until she has the training.

Some would say that its due to her gender. I completely disagree. I know male officers who are just as "proficient." Hopefully she's not on patrol and she is in admin, lack of training and knowledge on the street will get you and your fellow officers killed.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The two things I see besides the already noted items...
her finger isn't on the trigger and her bullet proof vest is hiding her mammalian protuberance.
:P

Rule 2: Finger OFF the trigger until you are about to shoot.

Breaking rule 2 is the cause of 99+% of all "accidental" (actually NEGLIGENT) discharges.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

There's no reason she should be on target unless she is about to fire or is specifically pointing it at someone for a specific purpose.

I wonder if she believes her Crown Vic is offering her any cover, since she's not really using it for concealment. [:/]

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

http://hi-caliber.blogspot.com/2008/06/police-officers-backwards-ammo-clip.html

Hi Bill,
Believe me, you're not the first to ask about this photo. I didn't actually take it, though I did write the article right next to it. The photo was actually provided by a civilian who lived across the street from where the incident took place.

Long story short: Several Marble Falls police officers responded to a residence, where a man had barricaded himself inside with a gun. As you see, one of the officers jammed her ammo clip in the magazine port backwards. In talking to the police chief afterward, many other officers saw this and corrected her immediately, though by that time, the picture had already been taken.

None of the officers outside ever fired their weapons, so ultimately, there was no damage done. What's even more amazing is that our newspaper doesn't have a Web site, and this photo has made the rounds since October 2006. I've received literally dozens of calls.

So that's the story. [the end of his email was snipped.] Thanks Chris Porter”

A man without a mustache is like a hamburger without a bun, Un-American.