funks

Fuck Black History Month

The specific people funks mentioned, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan, (and I'm really not sure that Al Sharpton belongs there) are arguably demagogues who would not be tolerated for a moment if they were white and screaming for whatever they figured white people want.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now while it would take me SO long to fill this space with the white counterparts of this argument, you MUST agree there are White Radicals who just get a shake of the head from the public; and since you didn't want to stay awake for History Class, I'll tell you later.

The names you mentioned have their places (ugh..did I SAY that?) as far as speaking for those who cannot rally a crowd. Some are more radical than the next. Look what happened to MLK..he spoke softly but firmly and positively for us ALL and got shot. Rev Jessie, Al Sharpton and (ugh) Farrakahn all have their right to speak as all Americans do. I don't agree with them all. I can put up with all but Farrakan (sp) but there was a power shit shift when the Honoralbe Elijah Mohamad died, and it became more radial; and yet, we are still getting off topic.

Would some of this thread have been so hostile against Native American History Month?? oh boy, lets not even GO there...!!~~April

Sponsoring for Spellcheck has been provided by the WaltAppelKeepArguringFoundation~~A not for profit organization!

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Would some of this thread have been so hostile against Native American History Month?? oh boy, lets not even GO there...!!~~April

YEAH.. right on... we need some equal time here....:ph34r:

Well, that keeps me in the same position as Grandma is full Seminole. Where ARE the real Americans??? in Mexico?~~April

No matter, St Patrick's Day is as much Irish as Christmas is Christian. Or not very much. Might as well call it National Beer Day (why can't it be the entire month of March?).

Get a fucking clue please...here's a quick tutorial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._patricks_day

I do celebrate St. Patricks day for what it is meant to be...and for what it has become. Just like my family does for Xmas.

Proud to be irish and proud to be catholic

Was there some proof in all this?

BTW, I'm Irish too.

>What does "talking like a Negro" mean? What do "Negro's" sound like? Can you help explain that to me?

Damn Nigger, you getting yo shit all uptight up in here.:D

and that girl damn, she was so fine she was lke biscuts and gravy. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMsuger!

Kinda a little like that!

yes negros talk different, soux speak different, maori speak different etc. etc. were you trying to say that was a racist comment or are you just ignorent?

:|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

yes negros talk different, soux speak different, maori speak different etc. etc. were you trying to say that was a racist comment or are you just ignorent?

:|

He's not ignorant--a little self-righteous at times, maybe--but not ignorant.
Walt

I say he's ignorant. What he's talking about THERE is a regional dialect, not a racial incoded one.

I've heard more white boys use those terms lately than black ones. Sorry.Next.~~April

I say he's ignorant. What he's talking about THERE is a regional dialect, not a racial incoded one.

I've heard more white boys use those terms lately than black ones. Sorry.Next.~~April

I don't know that there *are* any genetically-encodeded dialects, so of course he's talking about a regional dialect. And yes, there are plenty of white boys who talk ghetto.

I watched a show on VH1 recently called "White Rapper" or something like that. It seemed like a weird combination of Survivor and American Idol. It was kind of like watching a train wreck.

Walt

if you didn't see people as WHITE,BLACK, ASIAN, than there is no racism to begin with,,,,amongst the people i know, we haven't used the word white, black, asian. We just called them their name or "that dude".
Why do you wanna catagorize so many stuff...
We should just get rid of race itself....
No more catagorizing people,
no more I AM "This Race", check one box on census...
If the little kids don't know the meaning of black and white maybe they won't give a shit about them later when they grow up....
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

if you didn't see people as WHITE,BLACK, ASIAN, than there is no racism to begin with,,,,amongst the people i know, we haven't used the word white, black, asian. We just called them their name or "that dude".
If the little kids don't know the meaning of black and white maybe they won't give a shit about them later when they grow up....

How would you describe someone on the news..We are looking a dude called john. be careful he's in your neighbourhood. We can't tell you his race as that is not ethical. yeah try that.:S
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

in country like Korea where 99% of the population consists of single race we still find "John the dude who jack the car and cut the body in half"

it will be more like "Chang the dude who jack the car"

so how would you explain the other 1% which i believe your figures are wrong. Also, you can not pply that to every country, sorry. We are all different.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Gee, loads of PC brownie points for you!

The whole problem with that attitude is that it seems to assume that looking at the differences among people is a search for negative things. People all over the world have a lot more similarities than differences. IMO, it's *not* the similarities that are interesting, it's the differences.

Would you travel to China if everything there were the same as your own neighborhood? I wouldn't, unless I was getting paid for it.

"Color blindness" seems pretty silly to me, no matter how well-intentioned. I *like* checking out other cultures--especially the food.

So in your circle of friends do you say, "Hey, wanna go get some food?", or something like, "Hey, wanna go get some Thai food?":S

Walt

The overall question has been the value.
The value of BHM is to educate the public on historic figures and what positive accomplishments that they produced. Illuminating role models.

There are "movers and shakers".
The movers are the people who function in a median format. MLK was good at consensus. Some of his allied groups had conflicting goals (Marxists and religious leaders), but had the same overall goals.

The biggest failure has been that another political leader of MLKs talent has not emerged. I think that most are integrating (in the most positive sense) into society instead of entering politics. Talented leaders are rising in business positions.

The shakers are the sometimes "over the top" types.
While I detest Al Sharpton for his tactics and constant use of racism, no issue escapes undetected.

I am unsurprised that MLK was assassinated. Freedom Summer was 500 Jewish and black students promoting total social change. It was, essentially, a political and cultural takeover of the South by the political machine of the North.

The point of integration was to bring assimilate diverse communities into the main community so that they all had the same benefits. The problem was that the cultures were too different. The "cultural diversity" programs today are destroying those gains.

"Diversity" is rewarding self-inflicted racism. It is re-creating the boundaries and a few sub-boundaries.
It now operates political machines with race goals that take advantage of that.

It was kind of like watching a train wreck.

Much like this thread I imagine.

Shouldn't that be " Yo nigga, this mo fucking trains fisin to crash. Best get our muthafuckin asses offa this mo fucker"
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

How would you describe someone on the news..We are looking a dude called john. be careful he's in your neighbourhood. We can't tell you his race as that is not ethical. yeah try that.:S

Actually that is true in at least one newspaper that I know of. When describing a crime no mention of race allowed.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

i know one solution to racism...
smoke...
after a one smoke session in a circle, everyone is friend...never had bad smoke circle.. donno why..

extand the peace pipe....

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,
it's easy if you try,
no hell below us,
above us only sky.
Imagine all the people,
living for today.
Imagine there's no countries,
it isn't hard to do,
nothing to kill or die for,
and no religion too.
Imagine all the people,
living life in peace.
You may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us,
and the world will be as one.
Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
no need for greed or hunger,
a brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people,
sharing all the world.
You may say I'm a dreamer ...
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

It doesn't work. Brazil is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. People still describe and separate themselves by race.

The US has another hardship because it is financially important to do that. Ethnic-centrist groups have become just another lobbying group.

At the bottom, there are many groups that want to retain their racial identity and some of the cultural aspects. White Protestant culture is just as valid as the Latino one.

I have never actually seen "cultural diversity" in the workplace, just in peoples private lives.

Just fucking great. Black history month is right around the corner. 28 days of listening to black people bitch about all of the hardships they have had to overcome. When will people realize celebrating ones existence solely because of their fucking skin color is in fact racism. Let it go, quit fucking dwelling on the past and learn to look toward the future.

Slavery does not exist today. Segregation does not exist today. Minorities have been given and currently receive plenty of benefits to help advance within society. Quit your fucking bitching, be happy with the fact that you live in a free society, one that does provide numerous benefits to you simply because of your skin color and / or nationality.

Is there still racism today? Sure. There is racism effecting all races and nationalities. Not just Black people. Does dwelling on the past do any good? In my opinion, fuck no. Get over it. Society does not owe you anything. Just because your fucking great great great grandfather/mother may have been a slave does not mean that you deserve sympathy today. YOU were not the slave. You deserve nothing.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color. However, one mention of this fact and we are labeled racist.

NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, etc. In celebration of Black History Month here's a big fucking middle finger from me to you, you worthless racist fucks.

If you were secure within yourself, your own culture and your own life and position within society, you wouldn't be stressing out like you are about something that actually doesn't affect you in the slightest. Don't really know what else needs to be said.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Just fucking great. Black history month is right around the corner. 28 days of listening to black people bitch about all of the hardships they have had to overcome. When will people realize celebrating ones existence solely because of their fucking skin color is in fact racism. Let it go, quit fucking dwelling on the past and learn to look toward the future.

Slavery does not exist today. Segregation does not exist today. Minorities have been given and currently receive plenty of benefits to help advance within society. Quit your fucking bitching, be happy with the fact that you live in a free society, one that does provide numerous benefits to you simply because of your skin color and / or nationality.

Is there still racism today? Sure. There is racism effecting all races and nationalities. Not just Black people. Does dwelling on the past do any good? In my opinion, fuck no. Get over it. Society does not owe you anything. Just because your fucking great great great grandfather/mother may have been a slave does not mean that you deserve sympathy today. YOU were not the slave. You deserve nothing.

If any race has the right to bitch in todays day and age it is the white race. We receive ZERO benefits based on our skin color. However, one mention of this fact and we are labeled racist.

NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, etc. In celebration of Black History Month here's a big fucking middle finger from me to you, you worthless racist fucks.

If you were secure within yourself, your own culture and your own life and position within society, you wouldn't be stressing out like you are about something that actually doesn't affect you in the slightest. Don't really know what else needs to be said.

Very well said.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."