funks

Fuck Black History Month

If you were secure within yourself, your own culture and your own life and position within society, you wouldn't be stressing out like you are about something that actually doesn't affect you in the slightest. Don't really know what else needs to be said.

Very well said.

And I guess 99.999% of Americans should be unconcerned with the supposed "attacks on our civil liberties" by the current administration because their actions actually don't "effect us in the slightest. And all the hetero population that favors gay marriage - "It's really none of your business!!!".

Or maybe these national matters do effect us, even though they are not directly about us. ;)

That said, I thought the OP was offensive, intolerant, narrow-minded and pretty fucking hostile.

And I guess 99.999% of Americans should be unconcerned with the supposed "attacks on our civil liberties" by the current administration because their actions actually don't "effect us in the slightest. And all the hetero population that favors gay marriage - "It's really none of your business!!!".

Strawman.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Strawman.

Just because you don't get it....

I do however disagree with the notion of us, black people, not making much history AND that notion actually serves to illustrate my point. While the same people you mentioned seem to get the same amount of mention in most history books there are sooooo many more who most people have never heard of. Beyond the individuals are their accomplishments, failures, inventions, works of literature, scientific achievements... It goes on.

I just do not see much before the end of the Civil war for clear reasons. I agree that blacks have added tons of value to America and that it should be told. I am just not sure about allowing one group to have organizations, but not other groups.