Ragnarok

The verdict and judgment on Saddam is in...

Saddam Hussein was sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for his role in a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago in Dujail. A five-member tribunal is meeting amid heavy security and sweeping curfews in Baghdad and elsewhere, as authorities brace for violent reactions.

About time. I just hope this does not stir up too much shit for our Troops in Iraq......

Saddam Hussein was sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for his role in a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago in Dujail. A five-member tribunal is meeting amid heavy security and sweeping curfews in Baghdad and elsewhere, as authorities brace for violent reactions.

About time. I just hope this does not stir up too much shit for our Troops in Iraq......

Imagine that. 2 days before the USA elections
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Unfortunately, I don't believe in Hell, so think that all scum bags (of what ever flavour) should get their cumupance on this side of death...after that there is no price to pay, no punishment .... nowt

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Since both of them are "strong" believers, call for god often, and even talk to god, they will hopefully end up in hell! But as I said Im not believing in the scripts (holy bible) therefore I agree with you, there is no hell. Hell is made up for scaring the shit out of us, so we are going to walk the thin line, and follow others like sheeps, for their own benefits.

Saddam Hussein was sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for his role in a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago in Dujail.

Dumb move. Now they are going to turn him into a so-call "martyr" in the eyes of his crackpot supporters. A better move would be to sentence him to life living naked in a cage in the main square of Baghdad.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Since both of them are "strong" believers, call for god often, and even talk to god, they will hopefully end up in hell!

I dont think the voices that tell them to do things that a so against the scriptures and the tenets of the religion they profess to follow are from GOD.

I think they are getting their direction in war and greed and death from the OTHER GUY...[:/]

I seriously doubt this is going to have any positive effect for the GOP in the election. Calling more attention to Iraq is probably the last thing they want.

We'll see come tues. Can't wait. Tired of changing the channel to get away from negative political ad campaigns>:(

Yeah, I bet the Iraqi's really cared about the US election. (In case you didn't know, the US really had almost nothing to do with the trial :o.)

But I do love that the anouncment on news managed to turn anti Bush in less than 3 posts. AND in less than 5 someone compared Saddam to Bush.....NICE!!!!

Yeah, I bet the Iraqi's really cared about the US election. (In case you didn't know, the US really had almost nothing to do with the trial :o.)

But I do love that the anouncment on news managed to turn anti Bush in less than 3 posts. AND in less than 5 someone compared Saddam to Bush.....NICE!!!!

LMAO. Like their govt. is not our CURRENT puppet. How naive my friend

Well....no.

The Tribunal was formed under a statute written by Paul Bremmer, and the U.S. provided $138 million to renovate the building as well as to support a team of 50 American, British and Australian lawyers, investigators, forensic experts and archivists. SO I'd say the "coalition" had a big hand in it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

LMAO. Like their govt. is not out CURRENT puppet. How naive my friend

I like how the judge told the former US DA to leave the court...doesn't sound like a puppet to me.

Also he ADMITTED to the acts. It does not take a puppet Tribunal to rule over a guy that ADMITTED it.

So you really think the Iraqi's care about the US election? How powerful do you think the Republicans are?

> It does not take a puppet Tribunal to rule over a guy that ADMITTED it.

No, but it helps when you want the verdict released on a given date.

>So you really think the Iraqi's care about the US election?

Some care about it very much. Some, for example, have been told that if the republicans lose, then the US will pull out. Some want this to happen, some don't. Others are beholden to US interests, and thus have an interest in seeing one party win.

>How powerful do you think the Republicans are?

They are currently the most powerful political party on earth.

Now they are going to turn him into a so-call "martyr" in the eyes of his crackpot supporters.

Putting him in prison will just create a movement to "Free Saddam" which will gai momentum so long as he is imprisoned. This might actually be worse than the martyr effect. They will commit act upon act until they get his freedom.

A better move would be to sentence him to life living naked in a cage in the main square of Baghdad.

His supporters would spin that to say it represents the willingness of the Western Infidel to "subjugate and humiliate muslims" thus promoting greater hatred of the west. It would still be funny to see however.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Saddam Hussein was sentenced Sunday to death by hanging for his role in a brutal crackdown nearly 25 years ago in Dujail.

Good riddance.

I just hope this does not stir up too much shit for our Troops in Iraq......

Me too.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Maybe if Bush were to stand in front of the International Court of Justice, they could hang from the same tree at the same time?

I fail to see the difference.

So will the execution take 20 years, like here in America?

Or is this a one stop trial, with no appeals?

So will the execution take 20 years, like here in America?

Or is this a one stop trial, with no appeals?

This is not even his first death sentence. He was sentenced to death before he took power. If that is any indication, it might take a while.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

> So will the execution take 20 years, like here in America?

Bill's Prediction (tm) -

He will sit on death row for a while, and everyone will talk about his guilt, his martyrdom etc. Then the Iraqi courts will commute his sentence to life in prison, thus a) avoiding the martyrdom thing and b) showing how they're merciful, not violent like he was etc. Then, eventually, someone will kill him in prison.

> So will the execution take 20 years, like here in America?

Bill's Prediction (tm) -

He will sit on death row for a while, and everyone will talk about his guilt, his martyrdom etc. Then the Iraqi courts will commute his sentence to life in prison, thus a) avoiding the martyrdom thing and b) showing how they're merciful, not violent like he was etc. Then, eventually, someone will kill him in prison.

Good call. I'd be willing to bet money on that one. What's the line?;)