jakee

Fucked up kids and their useless parents

Schoolgirl set to be UK's youngest parent

A schoolgirl who became pregnant at the age of 11 is set to break the record for being the UK's youngest mother.

Now aged 12, she has told a national newspaper how she is "really excited" about the prospect of having a child after losing her virginity to a boy aged 15 in Edinburgh......

Her 34-year-old mother told the newspaper: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping her baby."

The mum-to-be, who smokes up to 20 cigarettes a day according to the newspaper, said she hoped the baby would be a boy.

I know I shouldn't be too judgemental without knowing more than is printed in that article but seriously, what the fuck?[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I fail to see any connection between your thread title and the article you quoted from.

It is a little harsh, but I think the gist is that it's really pretty messed up for a 12 y/o to be pregnant to begin with. She smokes a pack of cigarettes a day....what kind of parent would you guess she has?

Since she IS pregnant, what's her mother supposed to do? It would not help the situation to shame her publicly now. Being supportive of her child in a really tough situation is a good thing, I think.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Exactly - so what does it say about the parent?

Not knowing her, I'd try to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's doing the right thing by being supportive of her daughter.

BUT there are a lot of parents who just don't care what their kids do, who have never set limits or been available to guide their children. When their children mess up, those parents often stand up for them in a very beligerent way....in an "us against them" kinda way.

I've screwed up plenty in my life, and my mother has always been supportive. I think she's a good mom. I don't have a clue what any of this says about the mother in the article.

I think it says that we like to stick our noses in other people's problems, point our fingers at them, and blame them for the world's evils, though, rather than putting that energy into our own lives where it will do some good....
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

From another article on the same fine upstanding member of our community:

The mother-to-be, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had unprotected sex with the teenage boy, who also cannot be identified, while drunk last August...

The girl, who has shoulder-length dark hair, began smoking at nine and started drinking tonic wine and vodka cocktails at ten. She claimed her cigarette habit was not harming the health of her unborn child...

She said: "I can give up smoking at any time, but I don't find it affects my pregnancy...

The girl, who has been suspended from her first year of secondary school for fighting, said: "I was paranoid about what my mum was going to say and just frightened about being pregnant too...

"I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies. But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm a bit frightened.

Yup - sounds like she's a pretty fucked up kid. And yup, if the parants are happy with all the above and allowed it to occur, they're damn useless.

(quotes from :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=385968&in_page_id=1774&in_a_source=)

It is a little harsh

Maybe I'm just not in a sympathetic mood today. If the kid was on the way to any kind of meaningful future (and getting kicked out of school isn't a big plus for her there) having a baby at this age is going to make that a hell of a lot more difficult. If she plans to have any kind of active roll in the sprogs upbringing (if it survives) her education and normal development will almost certainly suffer. If the baby dies is she old enough to deal with that? Either way, fucked up.

so what does it say about the parent?

That she's proud? To me thats not a good thing, yes she needs to be supportive of the mess her kid's got herself into but not at all proud.

Also, I fail to see how a heavily pregnant 11 year old can afford to buy a pack of cigarettes every day without the complicity of her mother, unless maybe she has a paper round?

A schoolgirl who became pregnant at the age of 11 ... after losing her virginity to a boy aged 15

Perhaps I'll draw fire for saying this, but who is a more fucked up kid? The 11 year-old girl? Or the 15 year-old scumbag who impregnated an 11 year-old girl?

A smoking mum isn't satan. I'm frankly a little tired of the "Ooh, she SMOKES! She must be horrible" line of thought. Perhaps she should have been better supervising her little girl.

On the other hand, the boy impregnated an 11 year-old. 11 years-old! ELEVEN! Here in the states, that's a high school sophomore impregnating a sixth grader.

Who is more fucked up?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Mr. Lawrocket,

if someone is fucked up, it's the prtents. Of both parties. You even cannot blame a pimply 15 y/o for impregnating a little girl.

Parents on both parties failed. Completely. An eleven y/o girl smoking a package per day surely started about a year or longer ago. Increased smoking quantity. Where was her mother? Did she never smell anything???? Didn't she watch over her little one?

A boy, 15 y/o, how educated was he? Did nobody ever told him anything about contraception, AIDS, anything related? Fault of his parents.

Two little kids in huge hassles - their parents were grossly negligent! What a mess. Kids are the losers.

Happy mom is counting the $$$ after selling the story.

:S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>You even cannot blame a pimply 15 y/o for impregnating a little girl.

?? I can. A 15 year old isn't an adult, but he's old enough to know right from wrong. Sure, his parents bear some of the responsibility, but they weren't the one who did it.

>You even cannot blame a pimply 15 y/o for impregnating a little girl.

?? I can. A 15 year old isn't an adult, but he's old enough to know right from wrong. Sure, his parents bear some of the responsibility, but they weren't the one who did it.

You are so right wing sometimes. I can't even look at you right now. :S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

An eleven y/o girl smoking a package per day surely started about a year or longer ago. Increased smoking quantity. Where was her mother? Did she never smell anything???? Didn't she watch over her little one?

I agree. I misread that part. If the 11 year-old girl is smoking and gettign drunk at parties, her mother is messed up.

A boy, 15 y/o, how educated was he? Did nobody ever told him anything about contraception, AIDS, anything related? Fault of his parents

Sure, his parent/parents have some blame, but less than the parent/parents of the girl. At 15 years of age, he should have a better idea of what is acceptable. He impregnated a 6th grade girl. I'd ask the question, "Dude. You nailed an 11 year-old girl. Did you brag to your friends, family, etc?"

The boy is a LOT more guilty, in my opinion. The girl should be taken into protective custody.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The boy is a LOT more guilty, in my opinion. The girl should be taken into protective custody.

Yes. He surely is but, only in the eyes of the law. Holy Moses, do I really have to remind all you upstanding "men" how it was to be a "boy"??? Just imagine you grew up in a world where no one ever cared for you, did not tell you anything about what's right or wrong.... You felt the urge to fuck, you just did! That's obviously the world this boy lived in. That's my only true explanation for that mess.

Mom of 11 y/o? She's a bitch in my eyes. She failed. They should take away that little girl from her. My boy is 24. In the age of 11, I always knew where (and with whom!) he was. Period.

:S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Perhaps I'll draw fire for saying this, but who is a more fucked up kid? The 11 year-old girl? Or the 15 year-old scumbag who impregnated an 11 year-old girl?

I do agree with you there. What the boy did is incredibly wrong, and slightly disturbing. He's not the one that has to live with the consequences though, c'est la vie.

A smoking mum isn't satan. I'm frankly a little tired of the "Ooh, she SMOKES! She must be horrible" line of thought.

As has been pointed out, it is the fact the she allows her heavily pregnant not even teenage daughter to smoke -a lot- that I take issue with.

Schoolgirl set to be UK's youngest parent

A schoolgirl who became pregnant at the age of 11 is set to break the record for being the UK's youngest mother.

Now aged 12, she has told a national newspaper how she is "really excited" about the prospect of having a child after losing her virginity to a boy aged 15 in Edinburgh......

Her 34-year-old mother told the newspaper: "I'm not ashamed of my daughter at all - in fact, I'm proud of her for keeping her baby."

The mum-to-be, who smokes up to 20 cigarettes a day according to the newspaper, said she hoped the baby would be a boy.

I know I shouldn't be too judgemental without knowing more than is printed in that article but seriously, what the fuck?[:/]

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

>You felt the urge to fuck, you just did! That's obviously the world this
>boy lived in. That's my only true explanation for that mess.

You think that anyone who has sex with someone else in a questionable manner (i.e. underage, drunk, use of force) wasn't brought up correctly? There are thousands of examples that counter that assertion. You can be screwed up no matter what upbringing you had - and even kids from good families who feel the urge to fuck sometimes do, and damn the consequences.

A smoking mum isn't satan. I'm frankly a little tired of the "Ooh, she SMOKES! She must be horrible" line of thought.

Very significantly increased risks of poor growth, low birth weight,
cerebral palsy, stillbirths , mental retardation and learning
problems, etc are all routinely linked to smoking during pregnancy.
Also later babies will be 3 times more likely to die formSIDS.
Additionally she will likely make the infant a passive smoker lateron,
creating an enormous propensity for any type of repiratory
problem and defect you can think of. And then there are many
things that haven't been studied very much, but that simply
cannot be good - such as effects of nicotine adiction on the fetus.
Generally, if you ever looked into research of environmental
factors on prenatal development and how it can negatively
affect people in their later development ou will find much more
benin things (such as daylight exposure) are having significant
influence on fetus and child development.

I will presumably get rosted for this but can't help it: A mother
who claims that smoking during pregnancy is not a problem at
all doesn't know her cervix form a hole in the ground.

T
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true

I will presumably get rosted for this but can't help it: A mother
who claims that smoking during pregnancy is not a problem at
all doesn't know her cervix form a hole in the ground.

It ain't great, but prior generations seemed to survive it ok. If anything, asthma rates seem to be increasing now, though it could be more about diagnosis rates.

For some reason I'm a bit more concerned about mom's drinking at that age. The combination of the two along with the age is just a lovely one.

You think that anyone who has sex with someone else in a questionable manner (i.e. underage, drunk, use of force) wasn't brought up correctly? There are thousands of examples that counter that assertion. You can be screwed up no matter what upbringing you had - and even kids from good families who feel the urge to fuck sometimes do, and damn the consequences.

No. Not necessarily.

In the present case are some really disturbing details: 2 kids, 11 + 15 y/o, having sex after a long night of drinking, girl is a smoker, now pregnant. (I know, I know, nobody can supervise kids 24 h/day and where's a will, there's a bush....)

I think, her mother failed completely.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

But, it's rather difficult to defend any pregnant woman smoking or people smoking around kids, tho', don't you think?

Hell, I couldn't even defend defend people smoking around me.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

A boy, 15 y/o, how educated was he? Did nobody ever told him anything about contraception, AIDS, anything related?

Or at the very least tell him that it is fucking sick to have intercourse with an eleven year old child.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

My wife is English. She's explained there is a "sub-culture" in England that lives off the dole. The more kids you have, the more money you're paid by the state. These folks tend to start young at having kids, because the mothers encourage them to do so.
We are all engines of karma