2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

(edited)
On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

But I also do a lot of little things. I recycle as much as possible. I recently found a way to recycle plastic film (bags, packaging, shrink wrap, ect). That isn't something that municipal recycling will take. That reduced my garbage by a significant percentage. 

I've used reusable cloth bags at the grocery store for years now.

Our Waste Management takes it all,we recycle at  3:1,some organic waist to a Dubia roach colony but that's another conversation.

In LA County, even Walmart doesn't provide bags,unless well, you pay a dime a piece.EBT card holders get them for free.

Denier,I tried to find the history of the word in context to this debate.Eariest I cound find is,from the man himself. 

The "Father of AGW"James Hansen,NASA scientist.Prophet some said,   Mentor to AL Gore. The man that predicted  the ice caps would melt.twice?

https://principia-scientific.org/father-of-global-warming-scientist-finally-admits-theory-is-wrong/

So the tin foil hats were right....For those with the time.

I wonder if the Billions in NOA, NASA,IPCC,univercities ect....will be redirected.

Edited by richravizza
remove vid is The GlobalTemp accurate

6 minutes ago, richravizza said:

I wonder if the Billions in NOA, NASA,IPCC,univercities ect....will be redirected.

Blather, blather, blather. In the meantime the glaciers are receding, the sea is rising, and average air temps are trending upward by measurable amounts. Yet some people want to clutch at straws hoping to prove that the consensus of the world is wrong. And somehow is a vast conspiracy with some kind of vague undefined evil goal. Open your eyes, just go look at the glaciers, they are not melting by magic.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, gowlerk said:

I'm not so sure the world needs to look at population control. I think all we need to do is to give power to women and the problem will be solved.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, tonyhays said:

"The cure for poverty has a name, in fact: it's called the empowerment of women. If you give women some control over the rate at which they reproduce, if you give them some say, take them off the animal cycle of reproduction to which nature and some doctrine—religious doctrine condemns them, and then if you'll throw in a handful of seeds perhaps and some credit, the floor of everything in that village, not just poverty, but education, health, and optimism will increase. It doesn't matter; try it in Bangladesh, try it in Bolivia, it works—works all the time. Name me one religion that stands for that, or ever has" -- Christopher Hitchens

While he was referencing poverty it could also be applied to population control

Birth control for all those that want it,India,Africa..some seed and a little credit.Hope.

LETS BUY THE RAINFOREST,for our protserity.

We have till 2050,when to earth reaches its maximum sustainable human population.

Just now, richravizza said:

We have till 2050,when to earth reaches its maximum sustainable human population.

I'm pretty sure the Earth could sustain far more people than the 2050 prediction. I'm also pretty sure I would not want to live the way most of the population would have to live.

(edited)
35 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Blather, blather, blather. In the meantime the glaciers are receding, the sea is rising, and average air temps are trending upward by measurable amounts. Yet some people want to clutch at straws hoping to prove that the consensus of the world is wrong. And somehow is a vast conspiracy with some kind of vague undefined evil goal. Open your eyes, just go look at the glaciers, they are not melting by magic.

Thank goodness, its not the AGW apocalypse of 2050!!!!

Did you bother watching oneVid,and understand there are many priorities.

AWG among them.But,vast sums world wide in a decade,all to try to prove the same thing.We have many more issues facing us.

Edited by richravizza
Billions?

(edited)
11 minutes ago, richravizza said:

AWG among them.But,a Trillion world wide in a decade,all to try to prove the same thing.We have many more issues facing us.

I did not watch the vid. I rarely do. It's from "realclimatescience.com", so no, I will not be wasting my time. But I will agree that we have no shortage of potential problems. There are enough nukes in the stockpiles to make AWG completely irrelevant in a couple hours.

Edited by gowlerk

On 1/31/2019 at 11:29 PM, richravizza said:

The world population estimates for 2050 are at about 10 billion,and by 2100  estimates range from 11.2 -15 billion. While the planet is capable of sustaining 9 billion, so in as little as 30years we will be at the planets maximum sustainable population.

Its estimated that 30% of our GHG comes from agriculture. Jonathan Foley 

Population control. Damn I dont want to touch it, with a ten foot pole.

quick review @14:00

29 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I did not watch the vid. I rarely do. It's from "realclimatescience.com", so no, I will not be wasting my time. But I will agree that we have no shortage of potential problems. There are enough nukes in the stockpiles to make AWG completely irrelevant in a couple hours.

Agreed, I was in Europe during the Chernobyl meltdown,acid rain,and on the verge of Mutual Assured Destruction.

This is not "realscience" here is the vid above, having problems composing

(edited)
On 2/4/2019 at 9:22 AM, gowlerk said:

This would be the most logical and easiest to implement solution. Fortunately SoCal is close to a ready source of labourers just waiting for work visas to come and take care of it.

Edited by richravizza
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Please read 

https://principia-scientific.org/father-of-global-warming-scientist-finally-admits-theory-is-wrong/

7 minutes ago, richravizza said:

Ugh, no. The first thing I do on a website like that is check out the headline stories. That is a denier site. I did watch the TED talk video though. He uses some hyperbole, but he makes a point.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Ugh, no. The first thing I do on a website like that is check out the headline stories. That is a denier site. I did watch the TED talk video though. He uses some hyperbole, but he makes a point.

Thats pretty closed,Here a Quote:

Cato Institute climate scientists Patrick Michaels and Ryan Maue wrote that “surface temperatures are behaving as if we had capped 18 years ago the carbon-dioxide emissions responsible for the enhanced greenhouse effect.”

Al Gore took ‘worst-case scenario’ data, rebranded it as ‘Global Warming’, and became a multi-millionaire.

Hansen’s conclusion, they wrote, “significantly overstates the warming.”

Good news is hard to find these days,

Edited by richravizza
good news

1 minute ago, richravizza said:

Thats pretty closed,Here a Quote:

Cato Institute climate scientists Patrick Michaels and Ryan Maue wrote that “surface temperatures are behaving as if we had capped 18 years ago the carbon-dioxide emissions responsible for the enhanced greenhouse effect.”

Sigh.....go look at the glaciers. They are receding rapidly. No denier website is going to change the very obvious truth of that. I'm not one of those who make claims that it is an impending disaster. We will cope somehow. But the facts are the facts. The CO2 content of the atmosphere is increasing. The effect that has is a known quality. I say again, go look at the glaciers, they do not lie.

(edited)

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Sigh.....go look at the glaciers. They are receding rapidly. No denier website is going to change the very obvious truth of that. I'm not one of those who make claims that it is an impending disaster. We will cope somehow. But the facts are the facts. The CO2 content of the atmosphere is increasing. The effect that has is a known quality. I say again, go look at the glaciers, they do not lie.

The co2 content is increasing, from their lowest.They will continue to increacse to 400-600 ,in the near future and continue probably to 800 ppm nothing will change that fact.

No denier website is going to change the very obvious truth of that. 

I dont think one "denier" sight has.

Edited by richravizza

3 hours ago, richravizza said:

Thank goodness, its not the AGW apocalypse of 2050!!!!

Did you bother watching oneVid,and understand there are many priorities.

AWG among them.But,vast sums world wide in a decade,all to try to prove the same thing.We have many more issues facing us.

We definitely have more issues facing us.  But not dealing with AGW because of that is like a diabetic 300 pound smoker saying "why should I quit smoking?  I have way more health problems than just smoking."

The co2 content is increasing, from their lowest.They will continue to increacse to 400-600 ,in the near future and continue probably to 800 ppm nothing will change that fact.

?? Decreasing our CO2 emissions will absolutely change that "fact."  If we stopped our emissions tomorrow, we'd plateau at about 500ppm and then start declining.  We just don't want to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billvon said:

?? Decreasing our CO2 emissions will absolutely change that "fact."  If we stopped our emissions tomorrow, we'd plateau at about 500ppm and then start declining.  We just don't want to.

That is simply not true. The earth has had volcanoes which spew out tons of CO2 every year. This has happened for millions of years. Imagine that. Even before humans were around. If mankind stops its CO2 emissions, the earth will just compensate probably by creating more volcanoes. Man has NOTHING to do with climate change/global warming etc. It is all natural and there is nothing that man can possibly do to affect the world environment as a whole. Have you even seen how big the earth is? We are so insignificant in comparison to such a bigly place. Huge place. With big water - ocean water. 

9 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

That is simply not true. The earth has had volcanoes which spew out tons of CO2 every year. This has happened for millions of years. Imagine that. Even before humans were around. If mankind stops its CO2 emissions, the earth will just compensate probably by creating more volcanoes. Man has NOTHING to do with climate change/global warming etc. It is all natural and there is nothing that man can possibly do to affect the world environment as a whole. Have you even seen how big the earth is? We are so insignificant in comparison to such a bigly place. Huge place. With big water - ocean water. 

European colonization of Americas killed so many it cooled Earth's climate

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/31/european-colonization-of-americas-helped-cause-climate-change

15 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

If mankind stops its CO2 emissions, the earth will just compensate probably by creating more volcanoes.

I've been staring at this quote for 10 minutes. . .

I'm like totally tripping balls, man.

27 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

" According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world's volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. "

Are Volcanoes or Humans Harder on the Atmosphere?

34 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

That is simply not true. The earth has had volcanoes which spew out tons of CO2 every year. This has happened for millions of years. Imagine that. Even before humans were around.

Yep.  And we put those volcanoes to shame.  Puny volcanoes can't keep up with us!

If mankind stops its CO2 emissions, the earth will just compensate probably by creating more volcanoes. Man has NOTHING to do with climate change/global warming etc.

Ha!  I have this image of a bunch of volcanoes sitting around and scheming.

"Hey Larry, they shut down that coal plant.  Why don't you erupt or something?"
"That's a great idea Dave!  And I'll get all my friends to do that too.  They can't get away with this!  Meanwhile keep an eye on CNN to see if they put up more solar."

40 minutes ago, CygnusX-1 said:

Nice work.  Bigly work.

16 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'm reading it and assuming a sarcasm font was sorely missed when he wrote it.

FOX, Facebook and donald j trump. Are the neutron bombs of disinformation. They destroy intelligence and leave craniums intact.

25 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

FOX, Facebook and donald j trump. Are the neutron bombs of disinformation. They destroy intelligence and leave craniums intact.

Ok, you think that mankind, in 200-something years of industrialization has made more CO2 than the volcanoes have in the 4.5 BILLION years in which Earth has existed. Come on man, I thought we were deferring to science.

• Like 1