SkyDekker

China and Taiwan

don't think they will declare independence in the next ten years as you do. I also think you should take a look at how much $$ Taiwanese companies are generating by doing business on/with mainland China.

Then tell me, what do you think will happen when China no longer allows those Taiwanese companies to do business with the mainland?

Then tell me, what do you think will happen when China no longer allows those Taiwanese companies to do business with the mainland?

They won't. Since the PRC considers Taiwan a renegade province, they consider these companies as Chinese companies. China needs the know how of these Taiwanese companies, and the fact that it is a good loophole to the outside world business community.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Two things about the overwhelming size and power of the Chinese Army. One, it isn't really real. The troop and training quality is unbelivably low compared to even European standards

I'm pretty shure you did not mean that to come out the way it sounds, did you?

Gone fishing

Two things about the overwhelming size and power of the Chinese Army. One, it isn't really real. The troop and training quality is unbelivably low compared to even European standards.

... compared to even European standards....

Dude, what do you really know about "European standards"? As far as I can see: Nothing.:|

:S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

China sucks...

I was told that the airplane will only go up to 9900 for the 2009 world game because if it goes higher, the missles from China will be fired to Taiwan.

Taiwan is independent. Why do we need to declare that? no matter what they say. I am from Taiwan and I don't have Chinese passport. I don't follow their laws nor pay tax to their government.
From Taiwan. Come play!

Well, China has now passed a law enabling mainland China to use "non-peacefull" means to prevent Taiwan from becoming fully independent.

secondly, Bush in his latest "coronation" speech indicated that the US would help and come to the aid of all countries to protect freedom and democracy around the world.

Think the US would ever go to war with China to aid Taiwan?

I sure hope not. I will not fight for Taiwan and I think it just stupid to start a world war for an island such as Taiwan. I have nothing against those people, but, war over Taiwan is not in our best interest.;):)
And I said this about Iraq, but everyone loved the idea of that war! No doubt, YOU, will be tricked into war again! YOU SUCKERS!!!!!!;);););)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

If China ever comes to the point where they get ready to militarily force Taiwan to submit to their will, I hope them chinese gook bastards get hit by a giant earthquake worse than the one that hit them yesterday. They won't be in a mood to fight for Taiwan then. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think it has the capability in the current situation. To tied up elsewhere. More likely that if they did they'd do their best to drag Australia, New Zealand and the UK into the fray.
I think Australia would and so would NZ but I think there would be massive outcry. Not sure if the UK would but most likely yes.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I hope them chinese gook bastards get hit by a giant earthquake worse than the one that hit them yesterday.

Are you for real?

No, you took it out of context. If there was a confrontation brewing between Taiwan and China, and China wanted to flex their muscle, that's when it oughta happen.

But you know what? As hard as they've been touting their Olympics, this earthquake hit 2-1/2 months too soon and 800 miles too far away.

Wouldn't that ruin their moment? :P

Fucking communists...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think it has the capability in the current situation. To tied up elsewhere. More likely that if they did they'd do their best to drag Australia, New Zealand and the UK into the fray.
I think Australia would and so would NZ but I think there would be massive outcry. Not sure if the UK would but most likely yes.

Don't know how easy it would be to get Aus to get into fray? Rudd is pretty hell bent on getting strong economic ties with China... Damn he even speaks mandarin ....and if the choice came to going to war with america AGAIN for no real gain.....Good luck

As for NZ....:D:D:D:D....couldn't see it happening.... Probably SAS units and that would be it.....

And what about all the chinese in the US, Australia, UK..... You guys are afraid of a few Terrorists????... You really think they would all sit back if you declared war China? Are you going to put them all into camps?...
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

I hope them chinese gook bastards get hit by a giant earthquake worse than the one that hit them yesterday.

There is a thread in this forum titled "Why do the rest of the world hate America" or words to that effect.

I would venture to suggest that sentiments like those quoted contributes a lot.

If China ever comes to the point where they get ready to militarily force Taiwan to submit to their will, I hope them chinese gook bastards get hit by a giant earthquake worse than the one that hit them yesterday. They won't be in a mood to fight for Taiwan then. :P

Even in jest bro...... Thats just ign'ant.....
.....And you thought Kiwis couldn't fly!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you for real?

No, you took it out of context. If there was a confrontation brewing between Taiwan and China, and China wanted to flex their muscle, that's when it oughta happen.

But you know what? As hard as they've been touting their Olympics, this earthquake hit 2-1/2 months too soon and 800 miles too far away.

Wouldn't that ruin their moment?

Fucking communists...

Alright then... How the hell is this out of context?

That has got to be one of the most ignorant post in SC history.
Remster

>As hard as they've been touting their Olympics, this earthquake hit 2-1/2
>months too soon and 800 miles too far away.

Hoping and praying for the deaths of thousands of innocent people puts you in a group I would not want to be in.

You guys are right, I am being ignorant.

I am no fan of China's government to be honest. Yeah, my words were harsh, but when a government imprisons dissidents and executes people for next to nothing, and uses shoddy materials and construction methods, it seems like they don't really care about their own people, just the ones in power. Communist pigs.

I just tell it like I see it, and I don't mince words. I hate being politically correct. :P

I just tell it like I see it, and I don't mince words. I hate being politically correct.

You're right. Wishing pain, death and destruction on innocent people isn't politically correct.

Nope... I would prefer that those in power in the communist party be pained, killed and destroyed so the common people can decide for themselves how they want to be governed, but it just doesn't always work that way.

Maybe I mis-directed my ire. The common people there are no different than the common people here. It's the people in power who are assholes. Yeah, by that comment, even the U.S. has assholes in government, with Cheney being the biggest prick.

Well lets see if China learns anything from the devastation this quake caused. I'd like to hope they would upgrade construction standards to levels like in California, I just won't hold my breath. But man, it's hard to build anything that'll stand up in a 7.9 quake. [:/]