markd_nscr986

USMC Sniper Longest Confirmed Kill

960 meter shot for that weapon system is starting to reach it's max threshold but absolutely do-able given the right conditions. You would be hard pressed to call your shot and have it be dead on but you will definately hit the guy. Glad to hear they are dropping them there like we are here.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Semper Fi - way to go Marines!!

Sprechen of which, have y'all seen the story about the Marine, who converted and became a Seventh Day Adventist, then re-enlisted and refused to pick up a rifle as a conscientous (sp?) objector (though the Corps did not grant him that status). So they arrested him.

Aren't all Marines riflemen first, no matter their actual job?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Let's not forget the Canadian sniper who holds the record with a confirmed kill at 2,657 yards in Afghanistan.

:)

Hmm.. area = Pi*radius^2
2657yds/1093 yds/kilometer = 2.43 kilometers

That gives you almost 18.5 square kilometers to worry about at any instant when those Canadian guys are in town.

Edited for correct number, what a dummy[:/]

Semper Fi - way to go Marines!!

since you asked we talked with a reserve marine A6 pilot who did some time in the sand.

We asked about AC:S found out the marine pilots sleep with the boys in the field in their own one person tent.:o:S[:/]

R.I.P.

960 meter shot for that weapon system is starting to reach it's max threshold but absolutely do-able given the right conditions.

True. .308 rounds are barely staying supersonic at that range.

I've just started 1,000-yard shooting, and I'm amazed at how well some guys can shoot. I scored for an experienced 1,000-yard shooter, and he put 20 shots in a row inside the 10-ring, which is only 20 inches diameter.

Me? With my M1A and iron sights, I managed to keep all 20 shots somewhere on the six-foot square paper background...

Well, that's the campaign slogan, and it's sorta true. The infantry, of course, gets far more training than the other professions. When I was serving, the support guys might go to the rifle range only once per year. But, it is true that every Marine is taught how to shoot and must qualify at the range.

He shot a boy off a moving bicycle at 2500 yards. The boy was transporting multiple AK-47s to the enemy which made him a legitimate target. He used a M2 Browning 50 cal Machine Gun that was affixed with a scope and tuned to only fire one round at a time, but none the less a machine gun which is a far cry from the custom made 50 cal bolt action sniper weapon system that we use today and was used by the canadians in a-stan.
Matt