quade

Suicide bomber in a mess tent

Remember the mess tent attack yesterday? They were calling it a rocket attack, but Rumsfeld just held a press conference and said it was a suicide attack. In short, a guy strapped a bomb on himself and walked into the mess tent with 400 troops in it.

How does that happen?

I'll post a link to a news report when it becomes available.

HERE is a pre press conference story.

MORE
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Why. The enemy is comprised of Iraqis. Our allies are Iraqis. I'm suprised it hasn't happened more often.

Not this time. Can't tell me someone didn't think of this possibility first.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

What's that line from "The Siege"?
"In this game, the most committed wins. Clearly, they are committed."

Abe Lincoln, Gettysburg Address:

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battle field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate - we can not consecrate - we can not hallow - this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us - that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion - that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain - that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

I thought the exact same thing. Seems unimagineable that someone could smuggle a bomb into a secure area. I'll be interested in seeing who dropped the ball on this one.

I seem to remember a short time ago a Muslin soldier in the Army killed a group of friendlies. It is very possible... It shouldn't be, but it is...

Can any one preapre for absolutely all possible scenarios in all possible situations at all times?

If it were possible, then all accidents could be prevented at all times.

Sometimes I think that is what people expect.

It's quite obvious that suicide bombing is quickly evolving into a crude but very effective weapon.

A horrible beauty in the simple effciency of this weapon.

Yes indeed the warrior is commited to the ideology.

Build any fence. - It can be scaled.

Look at the way a squirrel will find his way to a bird feeder.

When one comes to a cliff - Sometimes the only progressive step - Is a step backwards.

We're on thier turf. No one knows it better than they do.

I'm no expert, but I belive one of the first rules of war is - Know your enemy.

A history professor once told me - in war, the only person you can trust, is your enemy.

I still struggle with the truth in that. But it is a truth.

Pardon me - I've been drinking 17 year old Macallan tonite.

This veteran is getting kinda philosphical.

I messed in quite a few tents during Desert Storm - Served by Saudi nationals.

Easy Does It

It's quite obvious that suicide bombing is quickly evolving into a crude but very effective weapon. A horrible beauty in the simple effciency of this weapon. Yes indeed the warrior is commited to the ideology.

Reminds me of the Kamakazi pilots of WWII, only without the plane.

I'm no expert, but I belive one of the first rules of war is - Know your enemy.

A history professor once told me - in war, the only person you can trust, is your enemy. I still struggle with the truth in that. But it is a truth.

Sun Tzu said to know your enemy and to know yourself. I don't think Rumsfeld ever studied Sun Tzu.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

And to think, Dec 2004 was supposed to be the month, according to Bush, that we were going to pull our troops out. [:/]

Those poor families....:(

When did he say that?
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

Sun Tzu said to know your enemy and to know yourself. I don't think Rumsfeld ever studied Sun Tzu.

but it seems the Enemy has read Yamamoto Tsunenori "Hidden Leaves" or at least understands his principles...

This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.........accustomed to the idea of death and resolved on death, and consider yourself as a dead body, thus becoming one with the Way of the warrior, you can pass through life with no possibility of failure and perform your office properly.

bad things... very bad things to come.....[:/]

but it seems the Enemy has read Yamamoto Tsunenori "Hidden Leaves" or at least understands his principles...

This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.........accustomed to the idea of death and resolved on death, and consider yourself as a dead body, thus becoming one with the Way of the warrior, you can pass through life with no possibility of failure and perform your office properly.

I've not studied that particular text, but it does sound much like the philosophy of the Samurai warriors. I'll have to check it out. TY
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!