rhino

Total killed in Iraq U.S. 1244 heroes...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3359080/

I have heard and corrected people lately for referring to our troops in Iraq and abroad as numbers. One person said we lost 4 today.. I asked him if he really know what that meant? Turns out he didn't. I have lost 4 personal friends in Iraq and 2 in Afghanistan over the last year.

I just want to take a moment to thank our servicemen and woman that are doing the best that they can under the worst of administrations, I mean circumstances.

These Marines, Soldiers, Airman, National Guardsman all have families and HAD lives.. Take a moment to thank a service member today... Ask them what their name is.. Ask about family and friends.. Traditions... Get personal.. It helps you appreciate the fact that they are people not numbers. >:(

To all the men and women protecting our freedom... Sorry about the rant.. This just frustrates me..

THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!!!

Rhino

As far as the pentagon is concern they are just dead bodies that can be replaced with live bodies. The military at the top does not give a damn who the dead were or about the life they had before Iraq.
" Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead. "
I really doubt that any stories like "Saving Private Ryan" will come from this major blunder.
Considering that the government is now sending 56 year old grandmothers and disabled people to war (saw it on 60 minutes last night) shows how desperate they are for warm bodies.
They may be people to those who know and love them, but to the government they are just tools with serial numbers. They are expendable as there are always more where they came from.
Old hippy saying: Wouldn't be great if they threw a war and nobody showed up!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Yep, never hear me say a bad word about the troops. I wouldn't even say anything bad about a person if we instituted an official draft, in addition to this backdoor draft, and that person ran off to Canada.

But this administration is the worst maybe of all times under Bush. And if the election was not tampered with, as it appears, then the indictment rolls over to the American people. We can no longer blame Bush and Nazi friends, he didn't misrepresent himself.

Since you seem to hate the elected administration, and the military, and the country so damn much...

.... then why don't you just leave? Go find someplace else that suits you better?

Hi

I think the person your responding to is exercising his right to free speech.

Your response is similar to the phrase used against the anti war protestors in the 60's "America Love it or leave it" Us Old farts remember that stuff:P

Can't we just agree that we disagree and leave it at that.:)

This isn't your country it's our country who are you to suggest to someone they leave their country because they don't agree with your belief's.

USAF 66-70
R.I.P.

As far as the pentagon is concern (sic)

The pentagon is a building. I suspect the political and personal range of the individuals on staff at the Pentagon is as diverse as any other organization with thousands of people. Why I bet some of these people actually have kids and eat regular food in between stealing beans from bums and throwing expensive parties for the express purpose of making champagne toasts "Gentlemen, to Evil" (Simpson's Quote).

Depersonalizing organizations as "the pentagon", "the military at the top", "the government" is an easy way to get sympathy from the ignorant for a discussion. Do you do the same thing with "the Blacks", "the Chinese", "Joe Sixpack", "wing suit flyers", "Democrats", "Republicans"?

But of course we don't hate the people, just the buildings.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The real heros are Iraqi freedom fighters defending their home land against our occupying force. Their 14,000 plus civillian deaths bother me a lot more than 1200 Americans who volunteered and knew what it could lead to.

Defending the Constitution and our Country is noble.

Invading a soverign nation is not.

The real heros are Iraqi freedom fighters defending their home land against our occupying force.

You need to move out of this COUNTRY!!!!
Your attitude makes me Fucking Sick

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

The real heros are Iraqi freedom fighters defending their home land against our occupying force. Their 14,000 plus civillian deaths bother me a lot more than 1200 Americans who volunteered and knew what it could lead to.

Oh, MAN, ignition and liftoff...
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

Post deleted. Attack his ideas if you like, but do not attack people personally.

Didn't think I did.... Called a spade a spade. Just as I am called a "Conservative" (due to my expressed views) I called him a "progressive Marxist" because of his expressed view....

I don't hide behind that PC BS!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

>Called a spade a spade

I understand your position, but it is simply not allowed here. You cannot call someone a nazi, a faggot, a communist, a parasite etc. EVEN IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE. Rec.skydiving does not have such rules; they are a better place to post such attacks.

Chris, don't worry. at least he was honest, and has shown another inaccurate statement of facts. Just joined the 1000's others, that ALL iraqi dead are civilians, and that ALL insurgents are Iraqi citizens....:|

Some people seem to have clogged or foggy thoughts around here....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

As far as the pentagon is concern (sic)

The pentagon is a building. I suspect the political and personal range of the individuals on staff at the Pentagon is as diverse as any other organization with thousands of people. Why I bet some of these people actually have kids and eat regular food in between stealing beans from bums and throwing expensive parties for the express purpose of making champagne toasts "Gentlemen, to Evil" (Simpson's Quote).

Depersonalizing organizations as "the pentagon", "the military at the top", "the government" is an easy way to get sympathy from the ignorant for a discussion. Do you do the same thing with "the Blacks", "the Chinese", "Joe Sixpack", "wing suit flyers", "Democrats", "Republicans"?

But of course we don't hate the people, just the buildings.

I agree with you. And don't forget but many people at the Pentagon ARE our military. Many of them may be working in a building for now but they have plenty of close friends/colleagues who are overseas. And they too have experienced warfare/conflict.

Why is that so bad? If American people were defending their homes and country from a force they saw as hostile (even IF that force had good intentions) wouldn't they be heroes? Seems like you believe that the heroes can only ever be Americans, in which case I think it is you that needs to leave the country and see the world.

And don't forget but many people at the Pentagon ARE our military. Many of them may be working in a building for now but they have plenty of close friends/colleagues who are overseas. And they too have experienced warfare/conflict

There is a saying that is fairly common in military circles... when I was a Platoon Leader, and on a BN Staff I had it painted on the wall, so that my troops would keep it in mind as they went about their duties... It was something to the effect, "May the blood of an infantryman flow through your veins, so that it may not drip from your fingers." I know guys that worked in the CJCS's office, and they had it posted above the door... troops in the field are not numbers to the majority of those guys, they are their brothers in arms.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Jump more and post less. It's been said before, but obviously it needs to be said again. Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The real heros are Iraqi freedom fighters defending their home land against our occupying force.

The only thing separating America from the rest of the world is our Bill of Rights built on the idea that rights are inherent in the condition of man (god-given if you like) and that the governments have no power beyond that specifically allowed in the Constitution.

Condoning violations of these rights is therefore un-American regardless of where those transgressions occur.

As far as the pentagon is concern they are just dead bodies that can be replaced with live bodies.

I have been in the Pentagon many of times and can personally vouch that I have never met anyone there with that attitude. Let's brush aside myths and rumors and stick to the facts.

Forty-two

Since you seem to hate the elected administration, and the military, and the country so damn much...

.... then why don't you just leave? Go find someplace else that suits you better?

I plan on it. Once I get thru school I plan on going to Europe somewhere and check it out.

Also, where did I state I hate the military? Where did I state I hate the country? That still doesn't address the issue, but as usual you duck the issues....like me to paste an address or 2 as examples?

Hi

I think the person your responding to is exercising his right to free speech.

Your response is similar to the phrase used against the anti war protestors in the 60's "America Love it or leave it" Us Old farts remember that stuff:P

Can't we just agree that we disagree and leave it at that.:)

This isn't your country it's our country who are you to suggest to someone they leave their country because they don't agree with your belief's.

USAF 66-70
R.I.P.

Thanks..... ;)

Don't you know that ALL attacks on the part of foreign countries are initial attacks, and ALL attacks on the part of the US are retaliatory attacks? Come on, read the paper more often....... (sarcasm)

I agree, all of the people who are into liberation of people should move out - all of the Nazis stay here, and let this mass division tear this country down until it's safe to come back. See, even if all the non-maggots left, there would be different criteria in which to divide and further hate would breed. This is how the Nazi Party worked, and this is how the US works.

>>As far as the pentagon is concern they are just dead bodies that can
>>be replaced with live bodies.

>I have been in the Pentagon many of times and can personally vouch
>that I have never met anyone there with that attitude. Let's brush aside
>myths and rumors and stick to the facts.

Some facts for you! From a press conference in April 2004:

---------------------
SEC. RUMSFELD: Oh, come on. People are fungible. You can have them here or there. The fact of the matter is, we've made a judgment and we've announced the judgment. It's very clear. You understand it -- everyone in the room understands it -- that we needed additional -- the commander decided he would like to retain in-country an additional plus or minus 20,000 people, and that's what we're doing.
----------------------

BTW I'll save you a mad dash to dictionary.com:

fun·gi·ble

2. Interchangeable.
n.
Something that is exchangeable or substitutable. Often used in the plural.

Why is that so bad? If American people were defending their homes and country from a force they saw as hostile (even IF that force had good intentions) wouldn't they be heroes? Seems like you believe that the heroes can only ever be Americans, in which case I think it is you that needs to leave the country and see the world.

It's just blind nationalism, which usually comes from lack of education.