bigway

Fat America..fattest nation in the world!

how come you have a little obese person with tiny legs on your pic? :P

And how come your comments seem to be borderline to illiterate?:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

how come you have a little obese person with tiny legs on your pic? :P

LOL! Hahaha! Because it was cute! Not my image at all!

edit: actually, if you look at it closely, it's just a big head and little legs and arms.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I hate to see any of them eliminated on a weekly basis, because it just might be a way for some of them to lose some weight.

If someone really wants to lose weight, they don't need a T.V. show to get them to do it. BTW, you don't think the big cash prize at the end is any kind of motivation to lose the weight. I believe some of the people admitted to wanting that cash more then anything else.

I use to weight 185 pounds, today I weigh in at about 135-140. I lost the weight all by myself by eating less and working out more. I was the one who dug down deep and found the will power. If someone doesn't have the will power, no T.V. show is going to give it to them.

No, it's not a comedy show, I was moved to see how hard those people were working out, and impressed by some of the weight that was lost in just one week. When the show is over with, I'd like to check back on some of those people that lost the weight and see where they are a year from now. Old habits are hard to break, I know.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Sometimes, people need something to get motivated. Hopefully, this show will show them how to eat healthy and show them that they HAVE to exersize. I realize, it is solely up to the individual to WANT to lose the weight. This show might just be the 'jolt' they need to start.

I'd also like to see a follow up when the show is over. Chances are, they will put the weight back on if they aren't motivated enough to do it for themselves.

J

i give up! i surrender, have not slept in days due to family on other side of world in hospital and new rig ariving,(sp again)
so good night, i surrender?
america wins again
See you in a mcdonalds when you come to england.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

michele so you see the point i am getting at why dont you watch this to see where i am coming from.

~I don't care where you "are coming from."
~I don't take my television viewing direction from anyone else.
~The only reality show I've ever watched was "Eco-challenge." No others are interesting to me.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

wow, you have a bit of a temper on you. i dont know what your problem is? this all seems to be a little to personal for you. I hope if you have a personal problem with weight that you do not take all this too heart and i have never said to you that people with weight issues are to be looked down upon or made to feel like bad people.
I give up though, this time i really do.
enjoy this thread i have kicked off, i think it is my masterpeice so far....LOL
:D:D:D
enjoy all the bitching, i am going to dream about a big mac.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

now the fatty food such as mc donalds is cheap easy to get and lazy food.

Yep, that's why I like to eat it sometimes. It never makes me feel sick though, unless I eat too much of it... but eating too much of anything makes me feel sick. Of course, when I am not eating junk food, the rest of my diet is fairly healthy, so I guess it all balances out. Junk food is good for the occasional treat, but I wouldn't want it to be the only food I eat.

I think it has something that you can get addicted to in it, like the sauce, for some reason i use to crave their burgers cause of the sauce.

It has a high sugar content, and sugar seems to be addictive. Also, I think it tastes good, and anything that tastes good (or feels good, or whatever) can at least be mentally addictive. (I find that it's hard to draw the line between what is "mentally" or "physically" addictive.)

Your obesity problem

I don't have an obesity problem. And if I see some stranger with an obesity problem, I wouldn't make it my business to start telling them how I think they should change their life (unless, of course, they asked for my opinion)... I would imagine that most people are aware that eating too much is bad for them, just as most alcoholics are aware that alcohol is bad and most smokers know that cigarettes can kill them... Most people are well aware of the dangers - the media is already full of this information, and some people even have common sense... but if you have a secret (one that really works) of how to stop an addiction or how to get motivated to lose weight and stay fit, I'm sure most of the world would be interested in hearing about it.

i jump out of planes sweetheart, i have no idea how to stop cravings.
break a bone usually works.
well america is what it is, you guys have a great skydiving scene, and that i am jelous of but , well but nothing, just dont let your children get fat, this is not being a good parent if you let your kids get fat, but skinny sucks too, make them all look like me, i'm perfect........

........waiting........
...here comes the flame!

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I rather send them to school, and help them in their education. I think it is very important for them to get educated and be able to write in a manner that denotes literacy.:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Just a wild guess here, but in looking at bigway's profile, I don't think English is his native language.

Besides, who says you have to write proper English to voice an opinion?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Supplanted by, but not made obsolute. There was nothing wrong with the unit, and no compelling reason to switch.

The 1st Law of Thermodynamics is a very compelling reason to switch. You won't find calories as a unit of energy in any modern chemistry or physics book or journal.

No chem or physics book I've looked at concerned itself with human diet.

So we change to kJs, multiply everything by 4.2, and watch thousands of nutitional scientists struggle with simple math, and even less math capable citizens blow their diets whacky with bad conversions.

That's as useful as dropping miles for kilometers. Progress for the sake of progress, with no actual gains.

It's called the biggest loser because who ever loses the most, wins the prize, hence the 'biggest loser' wins the prize. I hate to see any of them eliminated on a weekly basis, because it just might be a way for some of them to lose some weight. However, I'm not sure what direction this show will go, I hope that it teaches people how to eat healthy, exercise (and they got a lot of that on the first show) and deals with any emotional problems on overeating.

Didn't seem like healthy or realistic advice though. And losing 10-20 pounds in a week? Sure it can be done, but dropping water isn't really weight loss. Either you're dehydrated or carrying less glycogens.

And treating 5lbs for a person under 180 as the same as for someone over 300 makes no sense. Should be measured as a percentage of the advised weight loss.

Just a wild guess here, but in looking at bigway's profile, I don't think English is his native language.

I actually believe that he is a Kiwi

Besides, who says you have to write proper English to voice an opinion?

Very good point. Especially when his English is borderline to more better being than others...:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Mar, I did also make a wild guess, since he is talking so highly of his "New Zealand" home, where according to the CIA facts book has 2 official languages, Maori and English.

Please note that no one has bad mouthed his homeland (Except where he is staying at the time), but it really gives a poor impression when he can't even translate his thoughts properly before posting. As Michele has stated, she finds his posting about US insulting and his opinions are not based on facts, but rather on a movie. I agree with her.

He could at least give it a shot to write something explaining his shortcommings on his language skills instead of repeatedly blaming it on a sleepless night.

give me a break. Here is a post for you all. I am taking time to write this so i do not make any mistakes. I speak english and yes i was very tired but at the same time i can not type fast enough to keep up with my brain.
This is why i cut words out of sentances and make many spelling mistakes as well as screw up my words,,,,because it is easier.
note: this post is taking ages to write and i really hope that i have not made a mistake.
My views are from the movie.
Also from my life experiences of sitting in McDonalds.
Sorry My literature is so painful for you well educated people of America.
Now shut up and let me get back to the argument with the way i type....please:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It's called the biggest loser because who ever loses the most, wins the prize, hence the 'biggest loser' wins the prize. I hate to see any of them eliminated on a weekly basis, because it just might be a way for some of them to lose some weight. However, I'm not sure what direction this show will go, I hope that it teaches people how to eat healthy, exercise (and they got a lot of that on the first show) and deals with any emotional problems on overeating.

Didn't seem like healthy or realistic advice though. And losing 10-20 pounds in a week? Sure it can be done, but dropping water isn't really weight loss. Either you're dehydrated or carrying less glycogens.

And treating 5lbs for a person under 180 as the same as for someone over 300 makes no sense. Should be measured as a percentage of the advised weight loss.

I totally agree with you on this one.:):S. The people who have less weight to lose are at a disadvantage for winning this one. I do hope they all learn something and leave with the incentive to keep losing and to keep moving.

J

I speak english

Uh...right. You fooled me. But my Juanito friend exposed you for who you are>:( A mere fraud from some Tasmanian suburb! Evil you>:(
How'ya'doin'? Should we hi-jack this thread again and talk about dubs?;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

i can't do it, it is driving me crazy, i have given in and it has been about a week. I am going to phone a taxi,
i am going to mcdonalds for breakfast at 10:15am this morning, i am going to buy 2 sausage and cheese mc muffins, with 2 sause sachets.
then at 10:30 i am going to buy a frsh quater pounder with cheese, no pickle and extra mayoanise.
and to be healthy i am going to the pub to swill it down with a pint or 5 or 9 of lager.(with a couple of jack and cokes.
I think after this i will be hungry again and will go back to mcdonalds and get a chicken premiere with extra cheese and extra sour cream and extra salsa.
The problem is that is 8 in the morning and i am hungry now but the mall is not open.
I Love mcdonalds man! I can not go on trying to hate them anymore...rejoice:ph34r:

.Karnage Krew Gear Store