bigway

Fat America..fattest nation in the world!

For a Limey/Kiwi/Whereeverinthepacificyou'refrom who couldn't save his life playing rugby, there is still hope in you...;):)Pretty cool people you've been hanging with. Great musicians for sure.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Well, the response she gave was basically your implication of your thread as "fat America". You left little room to dispell your actual intentions. As far as the reports go, some are from the Gov't, others from the free press, as well as some from other places around the world.

I think she is tired of hearing people just toss up hatefull things about US, and then try to sound as "sorry", "it was not my intention to offend anyone", same attitude you are having here.:|
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

For a Limey/Kiwi/Whereeverinthepacificyou'refrom who couldn't save his life playing rugby, there is still hope in you...
Pretty cool people you've been hanging with. Great musicians for sure.

a kiwi with british passport and kiwi passport.
would rather take credit for being from a great rugby nation( jonah lomu was my head prefect at school)
at this pub i was running here in the uk, i met this loacl bloke with missing teeth and said i was from new zealand. he goes to me wow i just come from there and have been travelling around the festival circuit with salmonella dub.
i am like yeah whatever....he brings these photos in of new zealand, nearly every pic has tikiAKA dj rizzla from sal dub with him, i am like wow, would have been a cool summer for you. Next day he brings his mate over and this guy tells me he has a record label called timless reccordings. meant nothing to me...2 weeks later both guys come in and introduce me to concorde dawn. And dj lee. i go this local band that plays in the pub every week. that night oh no, local band was not going to play we had some dope music that night. went to a couple of their gigs in london with them.
Spent a bit of time after that with them, great people, really modest. Anyway got to asked if i wanted to hang out with brillo(timless) and salmonella dub on their tour over here. just a shame i got asked in this country cause i was not able to afford the whole hotel thing. next year if still here though i cant wait. To make friends with these guys in this country would be one of the best times i have had in this country.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Great story. And there is something to be said about Kiwi "stars". They may be known worldwide, but they'll still hang out with you and buy you a cold one at the local pub (or spin a couple of vynils on Cow Street in Queenstown...);)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

well i am probably sounding anti american...take what you want from it, i do hate your government and hate what the us stands for...not the people though. Your country says it is the land of the free. well it is the only land at the moment that is constantly on terror alert and your country tries to be the land of the free at whatever cost to the rest of the world.
I am only sorry she has taken it personal.
this thread was posted to be about fat america.
would you rather me say children killing war machine america?
Whatever, i just hope for your peoples own sake that you tell your government to stop letting these multi national corporations get away with fattening you all up. it is killng your people just like smoking is. This is not a major problem anywhere else in the world at the moment but seeing as these american company' are multi national the problem will eventually spread to other major countries unless some guide lines are put in by your government.
I also agree with your country searching and point blank killing the terrorists that threaten your people but that is not what your country is doing at the moment.
I am not sorry for what i have said but am sorry if you take it as a personal attack.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Your response could be taken as a poor attempt to deny the fact that big corporations are not US monopoly.

It is quite interesting that you hate the government of "we" the people of the US, yet do not hate US citizens, I find that hard to believe.

If you actually care to be enraged about who has done the most harm in this world, you should be looking into the history of your land, and those around you. As a personal experience, living in England only proved me that there are a lot of Bigots and close minded people, who hate any foreigner. I think your society is fucked up, with no possibilities to climb the social-economic lader by any means, with just an opportunity to health service after a hooligan - or any other accident- hurts you...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Your response could be taken as a poor attempt to deny the fact that big corporations are not US monopoly.

It is quite interesting that you hate the government of "we" the people of the US, yet do not hate US citizens, I find that hard to believe.

If you actually care to be enraged about who has done the most harm in this world, you should be looking into the history of your land, and those around you. As a personal experience, living in England only proved me that there are a lot of Bigots and close minded people, who hate any foreigner. I think your society is fucked up, with no possibilities to climb the social-economic lader by any means, with just an opportunity to health service after a hooligan - or any other accident- hurts you...

Cliff's Notes Version: "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!"

that is okay you think that about england as i was born in new zealand by new zealanders who then adopted me to a couple who were a kiwi and a englishman who shifted to new zealand when he was 4. I agree with your statement about how the english think of foreighners. I live in new zealand and own property there. The reason i am in the uk is to expolre and travell. I have been travelling on a nd off for 8-9 years. I do not hate the american people. it is your government that i hate. It is only half of you who voted bush in and i still do not hate that half. who knew he was going to bomb iraq? even if they new that maybe you were also looking out for national policy's and things he would bring to the people of america. I am sure that as a presidient he must be addressing some social intrests that you all need. I am hating the government for what they are doin out side the u.s.
I do not blame the people as they are not doing it. He is probably doing good for you people inside the country.
I hate what your government is doing to other countries, before bush was in your government did a lot of good. Though it has felt like for the last 15-years or so that your country is turning into the world police. this is not wanted, now bush is in it has become apparent that he thinks he is the world police. the un said no.
I do not hate the american people including the ones that voted for him, i am sure you voted him in for good reasons and none involving starting a war, saying it is over when it is just beggining and turning on the united nations. after the statements that bush and blair made about wmd, the world will never trust these men again.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Seems I hit a nerve. Read the thread title.

What does the World Series have to do with obesity? Or the use of the term "alien?" Or your opinion that the US runs roughshod over the rest of the world? Or the use of calories v. joules? Or my not living in the world?

Your point is limited if you're trying to refer me back to the thread title....

There is no argument that will change the truth.

Have I ever denied that the US has an obesity problem? Have I said that's not true? Nope. But I will say that not all obesity problems are created by going to MacDonalds or eating too much.

The US has an obesity problem, and it's killing thousands of people

So is famine, and AIDS, and brutal dictatorships...and...and...ad nauseum.

And the beat goes on....

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Metric, but not SI. It is an obsolete unit, replaced by Joules.

I noticed that MacDonalds posted a 38% increase in sales over the last quarter.

Supplanted by, but not made obsolute. There was nothing wrong with the unit, and no compelling reason to switch.

The 1st Law of Thermodynamics is a very compelling reason to switch. You won't find calories as a unit of energy in any modern chemistry or physics book or journal.

Calories are redundant, just like rods, poles, perches, chains, leagues, drams, pennyweights, minims, scruples, mites, gills, droites, etc. all of which can be used but there's no need.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

mcdonalds and obesity.

McDonalds does not cause obesity. Eating too much and not exercising are some of the things that might cause obesity, but not McDonalds alone. The guy in the movie gained 25 pounds in a month because he ate way too much food and did not exercise; I'm pretty sure he would gave gained the weight if he had eaten the same amount of food from anywhere.

I eat junk food (including McDonalds) fairly often - and have been eating that stuff for almost 30 years, and I weigh about 105 pounds. If the people at McDonalds ask me if I want to supersize anything, I tell them no (because I can't eat that much food)... no different than turning down most of the other millions of advertising offers and marketing gimmicks that are always in my face.

If you really think that McDonalds is solely to blame for anyone's weight problem, then you sound exactly like a "typical American" with no sense of personal responsibility. :P

i dont soley blame mcdonalds but am using them as an example of shit fatty food.
the guy did not eat too much, he only supersized like 9 times or something.
the guy ate three meals a day like anyone did. it made him moody and lazy and lots of headaches. Until watching this movie i would eat a couple of mcdonald burgers every day, i am not fat, but am really getting a gut. now the symptons he was having are the feeling i have had for some time and never knew why. I have not eaten mc donalds since(a week maybe) i still the head aches but not as often and i have more energy( not a drastic change though but i feel the difference).
now the fatty food such as mc donalds is cheap easy to get and lazy food. I think it has something that you can get addicted to in it, like the sauce, for some reason i use to crave their burgers cause of the sauce.
Your obesity problem seems to be due to media, television, lack of physical education and accesability to this crappy food.
i know alot of people have a hard time staying a healthy size but it is up to the person if they are obese or not.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Did anyone see the newest Reality Show last night. "The Biggest Loser" follows a group of people that need to lose weight. Maybe some fellow Americans will watch that show and get some motivation from watching it.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

was that just on? i am in the uk so maybe i can download it tonight.
michele so you see the point i am getting at why dont you watch this to see where i am coming from. They are even making a reality show on fat people because their is a problem, this show though is probably for comedy purposes though, i do not agree on that but it will be funny watching obese people tempted with mcdonalds.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

was that just on? i am in the uk so maybe i can download it tonight.
michele so you see the point i am getting at why dont you watch this to see where i am coming from. They are even making a reality show on fat people because their is a problem, this show though is probably for comedy purposes though, i do not agree on that but it will be funny watching obese people tempted with mcdonalds.

Okay, I have to 'pipe in' here. There is NOTHING funny about watching obese people. This show was NOT for comedy purposes. I think these people are grasping for any means to get some weight off. Yes, I agree there are overweight people EVERYWHERE, and they are overweight for many reasons. Overeating and inactivity are just two of the reasons.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

well you can pipe in no probs but do realise that it is a show about fat people called the biggest loser on american television.
are reality shows not meant to be funny?
i think you took me wrong though anyway,there is nothing funny about obese people but if they want to go on television and play a game called the biggest loser well i am allowed to laugh.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

It's called the biggest loser because who ever loses the most, wins the prize, hence the 'biggest loser' wins the prize. I hate to see any of them eliminated on a weekly basis, because it just might be a way for some of them to lose some weight. However, I'm not sure what direction this show will go, I hope that it teaches people how to eat healthy, exercise (and they got a lot of that on the first show) and deals with any emotional problems on overeating.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

There is no argument that will change the truth.

t

But you had arguments when I stated the fact that you served in favor of the apartheid gov't.:|