bigway

Fat America..fattest nation in the world!

i vote worst thread ever too.
funny but not funny:D
nice reaserch there mate on the medals.
i was not trying to compare countries i just watched a film and wanted to know what people thought about the weight problem but then you get these americans that want to tell me that they are the most athletic country in the world and that i am pissed cause i want to be an american and all this rubbish, well yeah this is where the post got turned upside down.....
but.......
i have just downloaded 'team america:world police:...
now this is some funny shit,
the music is absolutely funny shit! this movie is am must see and you must be aware that this is how the world sees america but i also think it is a movie that the yanks can laugh at as well.
Must see movies, team america and supersize me.....
america....fu*k yeah...america...fu*k yeah
some funny music.

true story, the other night i am in this small village in hampshire england going out for dinner. There are all these nice restaraunt buffets and al a carte around where i was, this car pulls up and there are two lady's in it winding their windows down, in this deep southern american accent in front of all these georgeous restaraunts this lady says ' can you tell me where Mc donalds is?
what the fuk??
Anyway go team america and for the ones that are not a minority of athletes.......Peace fat-america:P

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The University of Cambridge has had more Nobel prizewinners than any other university in the world. Does that make Cambridge the smartest university? Using your logic, I suppose it does.

The achievements of a tiny elite do not have much effect on the population average.

http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/t-23452_Most_Nobel_Prize_Winners_by_Country_and_University.html

Most Nobel Prize by University from 1901 - 2002

1. Harvard University (MA, USA) - 28
2. University of Cambridge (UK) - 23
3. Max-Planck-Gesellschaft Munich (Germany) - 18
4. Stanford University (CA, USA) - 17
University of London (UK) - 17
6. Mass. Institute of Techology (MA, USA) - 15
University of Chicago (IL, USA) - 15
8. Cal. Institute of Technology (CA, USA) - 14
UC Berkeley (CA, USA) - 14
10. Columbia University (NY, USA) - 12
11. Princeton University (NJ, USA) - 11

Most Nobel Prize by University. Last 25 years only.

1. Stanford University (CA, USA) - 11
2. Harvard University (MA, USA) - 10
Mass. Institute of Technology (MA, USA) - 10
University of Chicago (IL, USA) - 10
5. Princeton University (NJ, USA) - 8
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft Munich (Germany) - 8
7. Cal Institute of Technology (CA, USA) - 5
UC Berkeley (CA, USA) - 5
Columbia University (NY, USA) - 5
University of Cambridge (UK) - 5
University of Washington (WA, USA) - 5

Source: http://aaawww.fh-pforzheim.de/intoff/iopub/NOBEL03/land.html
http://aaawww.fh-pforzheim.de/intoff/iopub/NOBEL03/inst.html

Cal has claimed to have the most laureates on staff, but hard to confirm. Note that Cambridge's glory seems to be more of a past one.

That aside, the tiny elite is somewhat indicative of a larger population behind it. Additionally the number of recreational athletes, esp in a state like California, is far greater than you see in most nations. The distribution is bimodal. While obesity tends to come with wealth, so does recreational time. Until it went to a lottery, the Alcatraz Triathlon would sell out 1400 slots in 45 minutes....7 months before the event. Most tris in the state fill months ahead of time. And that's just one of many.

The olympics actually understates greatly the number of athletes since we can only send a few to each event.

so what if you have some of the fittest, that is like saying you have movie stars...so what....the majority of your country is overweight. Your country to try's to control the world when the people of your country can not control their weight. I am sure no one wants to be overweight...but the truth is your country is a country of obes people. What are you guys doing about it....everyone keeps saying PE at school...it is not just your kids that are fat it is most people in your country.

People who don't enjoy exercise as children don't grow up to like it later. And now many have discovered the joys of virtual sports on playstation.

That said, you seem to have quite the chip on your shoulder. Truth be though, the fat thing is a red herring coming from a guy that doesn't accept that smoking is not healthy either. You choose that life reducing vice, but want to insist that being fat is so much worse?! (Frankly, skydivers are in no position to criticize anyone for their unheathful vices)

Really you just wanted to slam Americans, it appears.
Go ahead. We don't really care what you think.

no, i know smoking is not healthy, if you read the my first posts in this thread i am asking if it is wrong to sit there and say to a starnger that is a fat person you should stop eating that or you will kill yourself the same way a non smoker says it about ciggs to a complete stranger, i wanted to know if this was acceptable considering that SMOKING and BEING OBESE is on the SAME PAR.
I know it is unhealthy and since realising the amount of mcdonalds i have been living on and my filthy smoking habit i have not had a smoke since i posted my first post in this thread.
It is killing me and my teeth feel like they are watering but ha.
i am not doing this to slander americans but you know, it is entertainging considering you all know it to be the truth.
I am sorry, america is a fit country
america rules the world and that is ok
we should all be more like america
america is a free country
.....see it does not sound right does it but you guys seem to belive it....
i am not here to slander you but i sure hope it helps you realise how disgusted the world is with your government, well everyone sees it as the americans that do not know better.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

no, i know smoking is not healthy, if you read the my first posts in this thread i am asking if it is wrong to sit there and say to a starnger that is a fat person you should stop eating that or you will kill yourself the same way a non smoker says it about ciggs to a complete stranger, i wanted to know if this was acceptable considering that SMOKING and BEING OBESE is on the SAME PAR.

The obese suffer a price, just like smokers, but usually strangers are not direct about it. They just think it behind their back, or perhaps decide not to hire them.
It is indeed open season on smokers - some supervisors in San Francisco are proposing to ban smoking in public outdoors now.

OTOH, eating at McDonalds can be done in good health if it is not the primary food source. Just don't supersize it, or try skipping the fries entirely. Much better than nicotine which has the addictive tendencies.

I'm not sure which is easier to recover from - most of the effects of smoking fade off in a few years, whereas arterial clogs do not. But...smoking does an additional form of scarring in the arteries which is conducive to blocks.

There's another way of looking at smoking bans.
Given that passive smoking is real, and dangerous.

Any employer who does not protect their workforce from industrial injuries caused by passive smoking may leave themselves open to future law suits.
So barstaff etc may, in a few years, have the right to sue the owners of 'smoking' bars, similar to being exposed to say asbestos.

Now thats scary.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Well, it showed some promise and started out all right... but then it just deteriorated into vitriol.

There was no need. Obesity really is a problem that ought to be discussed. Yes it currently affects the US more than any other country, but it should also be recognised that it’s spreading across the globe.

It is a serious matter, but there was absolutely no need for it to degenerate into the slanging match it did.

What a pitty some people couldn't stick to the topic and stay away from name calling.

I agree with you. The problem is that some people (Republicans more often than not) are too "patriotic" (How i hate that word) to ever admit that his country has a problem. Hell, some people cannot even admit that his country is not the best of the world at a given thing.
You all, face it, the U.S have some serious issues that you have to address for your own good. The moment you admit that there is a problem you are a step closer in fixing it. So what if your country has a problem with obesity, does it make you any less of a person? will it go away if you deny it or mislead yourself with how well some performed at Athens?

my gran just got emphasima (sp) last year after smoking for 6 months when she in her 20's. the affects cant wear completley off.
Ban smoking outdoors, well that is just stupid, either we shut down the tabacoo companies all togethor or we smaoke where we want outside. I think it would be best...and i am a smoker...if we just got rid of the people who make the smokes.
i have not had one for three or four days now and it is killing me but i have to give up. I promised myself that i would not be smoking at this age and i must stop. I tell you what though, it is a hell of alot easier to give up junk food.
Anyway, i am sorry if i have offended any of you yanks, that was not the pupose, this thread just got a little out of hand and went everywhere.
peace, fat-team-america

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

my gran just got emphasima (sp) last year after smoking for 6 months when she in her 20's. the affects cant wear completley off.

I'm not going to blame smoking for that outcome when there are more likely culprits such as air pollution and asbestos.

Ban smoking outdoors, well that is just stupid, either we shut down the tabacoo companies all togethor or we smaoke where we want outside. I think it would be best...and i am a smoker...if we just got rid of the people who make the smokes.

The only compelling reason for it, and it is one cited, is the fact that so many smokers refuse to throw away their butts properly. People in cars throw it out the window, people on the beach toss it in the sand. A total disgrace.

makes me think of something...do you know that butts are made with fibreglass?
also you could very easily make a knife out of a couple of ciggs butts on a plane. they should be banned from travelling on a plane.
If you light the end of a filter and squash it, then light it again and squash it, you can then keep doing this but sharpening it. if you stuck a couple togethor and sharpened them it would be a very sharp knife.
So howcome the airlines do not ban you from travelling with ciggarettes or filters in your bag?
smoking sucks, i hate it, mc donalds sucks, and so does your president.
I promise my country will be a good peacful country for the next 4 years if you can make sure you elect a real president and not just someones son to finish his job.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I promise my country will be a good peacful country for the next 4 years if you can make sure you elect a real president and not just someones son to finish his job.

New Zealand? If your army of sheep want to set sail for the nearby islands, go for it!

I still expect to see Bush reelected, but you never know.

they torture me mate, every country i go to i get a sheep joke and that is torture in a good world without bush.
I would be happy to never see another sheep again.
Why do the english fuck sheep on the edge of a cliff?
cause it pushes back harder.

what do you call an american with a gun?????
...an american.
lol, that was actually funny.:D

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Why do the english fuck sheep on the edge of a cliff?
cause it pushes back harder.

Damn English have yet to discover the value of a velcro apron and a hat pin.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

where do jump in this shit hole? i am living in hampshire with an ex para. my brand new rig has finally arrive in the uk to get held up by customs. i get a phone call this morning with custome asking if this is new.
so i quickly hang up, ring my dealer in the uk and ask what she has written in the paper work. so i tell them it is not new i have just had it sent over from nz and a re pack done for a 100nzd(30quid). so on a rig that i just paid who knows how much, 3000 quid or something, i pay 8 quid v.a.t.
not bad eh?
Can you tell me what it is like at netheravon?
it seems to be the only dz here in hampshire. Do you know of any others close by?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Who needs Velcro – we make use of a retro invention dating back to the end of the 18th Century. Lord Wellesely, the Duke of Wellington invented a set of boots see... If you stick their back legs in there, they can’t run off.

Someday the rest of the world will catch up. :P

I've not been to Netheravon for about 10 years, huge DZ, its military, and if you are its a cheap place to jump.
All UK DZs are here....
http://www.bpa.org.uk/dropzone/dzone.htm
Should have all the contact details etc.

Its not Queenstown, but very few places in the world are.
--------------------

Michele, while some on bonfire were dreaming about skydiving without a parachute, I was dreaming about meeting you at a boggie. You promptly kicked my ass for what I said on this thread. I agree with others that this thread has gotten out of hand. It sounds like you have a real grip on life both physically and spiritually. Don't let tactless remarks on these threads get you down. Once in a while some of us require a little adult supervision.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.