bigway

Fat America..fattest nation in the world!

A fat beer belly. Puke.

Agreed. That's why I use variation (wine, etc...).
Und ich habe keine platfuß, meine kleine schmetterling:S;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

~My caloric intake daily is +/- 1200, often lower

So what's that in Kilojoules - for those of us who live in the world?

You do know that the calorie is a metric unit, right?

1 cal = heat energy to raise 1g of water from 14.5 to 15.5 C.

1J = 1 watt of power for 1 second.

Because calories were measured by burning food, I suspect that is why we continue to use it. I wonder how one would measure directly in joules.

Also to clarify - when we refer to calories it nearly always means kilocalories. 1kcal = 4.19kJ

Metric, but not SI. It is an obsolete unit, replaced by Joules.

I noticed that MacDonalds posted a 38% increase in sales over the last quarter.

You're eating 4000 - 5000kj a day. I think that's a lot. It's more than I eat, anyway, and I'm (conversion done for you..) 165lb 5'10.

No, I'm not eating 4000-5000 kj a day...I may reach 4000 on occasion, but I've put up today's consumption just for shits and grins.

Using this for a base (thanks, Penniless...) 1kcal = 4.19kJ.

*Today's consumption:

Breakfast...
4 cups of coffee, fat free creamer, sugar substitute (no calories...): 36 calories
Total: 36 calories

Lunch
Apple 65
6 Wheat thins (whole wheat crackers) 2 crackers= 136 calories
1 oz Cheddar Cheese 115 calories
Total: 316 calories

Lean Cuisine Dinner: 300 calories
Yogurt 110
3 oz carrots 40
8 oz lettuce 30
1 tomato 25
Onion +/- 5 cal.
24 oz. of milk, low fat (27%) 360 calories
Total: 570

Today's total: 922

Converted to joules (at 4.19 per cal)= 3863.18

Compared to a Big Mac w/ Cheese at 704 calories or 2950.66

* This is an average day for me. This is not put up for people to be critical on how badly I eat...but only!!! to demonstrate something to someone. please respect that.***

The standard daily intake for a woman my age and height is 2000 calories. For a man, it's 2500. You and I are both not eating well.

I am also willing to bet that you're not on daily medication which increased your body weight 30 pounds...and that if you stop taking, you will get rather ill rather quickly.

I am also willing to bet that you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to nutrition needed for the human body to work right.

I'm lastly willing to bet that you think skinny, bones-outside-their-skin women are sexy. Media's got you looped.

Now. What else do I address...

No. You don't live in the world. You live in the US. The rest of the world doesn't run rough shod over other nations.

Yes, I do live in the world. Deal with it. The "rest of the world" is the first to ask us for help, and to give us hell if we say no. Would you rather we not do anything for anyone else? I'd rather that, too...more money to spend helping those here at home. Sadly, the "world" doesn't stop asking us to be first in line with cash and manpower when a volcano blows, a devastating earthquake strikes killing 6500 people, a plane crash happens and they want our expertise, an uprising occurs and they request our help. How about everyone stop coming to my country and going to my schools for the best education in the world (or why else would they come here???). Don't like how we do things? Create a powerful country and compete. Your country is not dumb. Nor stupid. Nor anything which would prevent you from becoming world leaders. Please. YOU step up and become the one they ask for help on a regular basis.

And while you're at it, realize that the UN is bloodier than pretty much any nation I know of. Think of the Iraqis who wouldn't have died if the bribes had not been accepted, and instead reported. Think of how much less power SH would've had - and not been perceived as a threat - if the french weren't in SH's back pocket, taking millions in bribes that was supposed to go for the food and aid of the Iraq people.

Think a bit more before you start spouting off about how I don't live "in" the world. :S

The country where the "World series" has 2 countries playing, both on the same continent.

So what?

the country where visitors from other countries are refered to as "aliens."

Websters.com:
"Main Entry: 1alien
Pronunciation: 'A-lE-&n, 'Al-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin alienus, from alius
1 a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : STRANGE b : relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : FOREIGN"

Oh, Tonto. Sorry we use the word correctly. Good grief, if you're going to be upset about something, at least create a basis for it.

The country where you eat too much - even if it is in calories.

Nope...see above. This is a country where some do. So do other countries. I see plump/fat/chubby/obese people from ****every**** country on this planet. For pete's sake, Buddha is fat, too, and he's a god. I see fat latin american people, fat european people, fat russian people, fat italian people, fat arabic people, fat tahitian people, fat malaysian people, fat australian people. Fat people are on all parts of this world.

Know what? This is the most fucked up, anti american thread I've seen in a while. To attack a country because it eats McDonalds - and have it deteriorate into this mudfest.... man, if I said the same kind of thing about SA or NZ, you guys would be screaming bloody murder.

Tonto, you are flat wrong. Your hatred of America is showing. Try getting a little more wide-eyed and less narrowly focussed. I have had respect for you because of what you and I have talked about in pms - about your history and your life. But to slam *me personally* like you did makes me realize how narrow your vision is. And that makes me lose respect for you.

I am part of the world. Deal with it, or move on.

Ciels-
Michele

{edited due to a potential personal attack.)

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

dude, you need to chill!!
there are fat people in every country but this thread is not anti american, it is a thread about a movie i watched made by an american called supersize me. it is about how your country is the most obese nation in the world, and i wanted to know what the americans opinion was. you need to chill. It sounds like you have a weight problem as you are taking it very personal, just chill. This is not about you as an individual it is about what a movie said about your countries weight problem. Yes there is fat people all over the world but not like the proble in america.

37% of americans are OBESE, 26% of american are over weight.
Over 60 % of your country is fucking huge fat people. Now this is a problem that is killing off americans as much...yes as much as smoking is.
You all whine your asses off saying that we need to ban smoking everywhere....why dont you ban fat people from eating takeaways?
your country has a problem and you are a little defensive about it, face facts.
If you said us people in new zealand have a weight problem, yes i would scream blue murder at you. because this would be a whole lot of bullshit.
Sort your shit out and realise that we are in the forums discussing a problem in the world. If this was an anti american thread....well so what, your country would deserve it for killing all these people every day but this thread is about your country killing your own people by letting mcdonalds do this too you.
get a grip and face the facts. if you must feel free to pull any dirt you can find on my country, cause you will not, we have a nation that looks after our people and does not spend all our money on killing third world countries.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

sorry michele, could you repeat that again please

More specifically the part about 45° angle for separation, please:S;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Metric, but not SI. It is an obsolete unit, replaced by Joules.

I noticed that MacDonalds posted a 38% increase in sales over the last quarter.

Supplanted by, but not made obsolute. There was nothing wrong with the unit, and no compelling reason to switch.

I'm surprised by the McDonalds report - they've actually been suffering the past few years and have been diversifying towards healthier fast food chains to increase sales. I suspect if you looked for same store sales, it is flat or declining.

sorry michele, could you repeat that again please

So sorry. Did I type too fast?

so the weather pretty horrible today huh?

Yep.

More specifically the part about 45° angle for separation, please

That rule only works if you have a dog with more than 1,000 fleas the moment you use the formula. That's the part you're missing.

Ciels-
Michele

I'm surprised by the McDonalds report

Is that US only or worldwide?
McD came up with a big marketing blietzkrieg, especially in Europe, trying to build a new "cool" image.

That rule only works if you have a dog with more than 1,000 fleas the moment you use the formula. That's the part you're missing.

You're cheating. You're using someone else's quote...;) But the 45° compiled with the dog thang actually does work!B|

the new image is aweful...who wants to eat a slad when they go to mc donalds?

also..the new advertising starts this week, they are losing the golden arches and replacing it with a golden question mark.
I wonder if it is signifigant for .."what if"
i

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

"what if"

...or "WTF?"
They've used celebrities and pretty good directors for their new campaign in some European countries. I think we'd be surprised how efficient that actually was...:S

You're cheating. You're using someone else's quote...

Of course I'm cheating. I'm american, and because of that, I'm bad. Mean, evil, awful. And fat.

So of course I cheat...

Ciels-
Michele

they used fag boy timberlakes song over here in the uk

Yep! Once again, we'd be surprised how many people he appeals to...
Now, isn't Fag Boy Timberlakes Fat Boy Slim's cousin?;)

Of course I'm cheating. I'm american, and because of that, I'm bad. Mean, evil, awful. And fat.

So of course I cheat...

Uh... That's not quite what I was getting at. You said it, not I. SUit yourself. But that wasn't my point at all. I was just making reference to something someone wrote which I thought was very funny (and brilliantly used by someone else as a signature for a while...). Sorry you took it wrong.:|

i kind of listen to more concorde dawn and salmonella dub rather than fat boy slim and.....well actually i have given up turning the radio on in this country...bring on the kiwi dub and drum'n'bass.
The darkness are quite cool for the uk..Man what has happened to music in this day and age, i am thinking they are running out of songs. music has really gone down hill. I like my dub but all these pop stars in the uk are really only hanging around for like a week and then going to the dogs.
I am trying to thin of a way to insult the french but have not been there yet so give me a couple of months and i will get back to you on that one.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

i kind of listen to more concorde dawn and salmonella dub rather than fat boy slim and....

YES, YES, YES!!! Salmonella Dub is the shit. NZ Dub is the shit.
"Inside the Dub plates" is one of the best album ever:)Now, give up on that French bashing thang. We're only peaceful, beautiful, merciful creature:):):)>:(

I'm american, and because of that, I'm bad. Mean, evil, awful. And fat.

well you are the only one that is saying that. what i and others are saying is that your country has a problem with the issue of obesity.
but if you want to say that you are fat and evil and aweful well you are more than welcome too but do realise that there has been no one here pointing out individuals, it has just been a discussion in speakers corner about a health problem that your country says you have. the reports come from the united states of america. All reports seem to come from there. America reports how hug a sum they have spent on their private war with iraq and also on the shitty amount the spend on their health issues. America has reported that there were never any WMD's and also reported that you have an obesity problem, being the fattest nation in the world.
This comes from your government not mine, this is your problem, not mine, i merley want to see what the american people think of this problem and hear of ways that the individuals think this can be solved. I have meant no offence to you as a person. I really like most american people i have ever met. yes at the same time i may have spoken wrong and this will be because you think i am stereotyping...i am not.
peace to you, But realise, even if i was having a go at you, i am on the internet, do not get yourself worked up over someone bashing a keyboard, i am sure you are a lovely person who shares a big interest of mine, but do not get worked up over opinions and take it to heart. You watch what you eat, i wish i new how to do that as i eat whatever looks good.......I hope this has cleared up your remark above but if you want to keep thinking you are aweful and fat and whatever else, well be my guest B|

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

a good friend of mine just had andrew penman and the rest of salmonella dub come over to travell the uk, i never met them but had some really cool nights out with evan from concorde dawn. I have come to know concorde dawn all right and evan is a sound bloke, also spent some time with dj lee from here in the uk, my mate owns timless recordings here in the uk. sound bloke.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store