tunaplanet

Latest Electoral College Polls

Wow, starting to get ugly. Guess all that, "Kerry won the debate" rhetoric didn't mean shit. Wanna know why? Style vs Substance. He looked good but in the end he is still a liar. Oh well. Check out the latest poll numbers boys and girls.

Oct 07 Bush - 240 Kerry - 169
Sep 30 Bush - 213 Kerry - 169

Guess whose not a toss-up state anymore? You got it. Florida.

Toss up states are now Colorado, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Forty-two

Nice thing about electoral-vote is that they average different pollsters reports to account for different polling methods. You can also see which states have 10% or better, 5-9%, or less than 5%.

In fact, if you discount the less than 5% on their site, it is actually more favorable for Bush than Rasmussen is.

BUSH 212 KERRY 154

That's interesting (electoral-votes.com) in that the only 2 states that are a toss up are New Hampshire and Michigan. I was just reading on www.msn.com that New Hampshre and Pennsylvania are about 49% to 42% Kerry article

MSN has had Michigan listed as leaning Kerry for at least 2 weeks now
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Looks like all the rest of you people are in the hands of PhillyKev and I since we're in PA.

Mud wrestling in thongs to settle the election.
Much more fun than the current method.

States vie for the privilege of being the biggest toss-up so that their mass mudwrestling match can determine the winner.

Think of the tourism dollars :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Personally, tonight I'll be hitting the streets courtesy of Moveon to get registered democrats motivated to hit the ballot box.

Yep, those Hungarian-born billionaires motivate ME to get involved in the political process, too! :S

How's it feel to be a pawn of George "Alexander" Soros?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I always wondered what sort of people go banging on doors for one of the most biased websites on the planet,

Guess we know now.

I put those people in the same category as the religeous freaks that annoy me when I sit down to eat and that little black kid who tries relentlessly to sell me melted kit-kat bars.

Forty-two

Well, over the weekend I spoke to 42 registered democrats who did not vote in the last presidential election. 38 of them will be voting this year for Kerry, 2 will be voting for Bush, and 2 haven't decided yet if they're going to vote or for whom.

Not sure exactly how I'm being a pawn for someone else when they are provide ME with information so that I can help to further MY goals.

An ex coworker of mine put together a script to scrape the following sites:

http://www.electionprojection.com/elections2004.html
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
http://synapse.princeton.edu/~sam/pollcalc.html

I receive an email daily and will be posting the results here.

Summary

There are 23 days left until the election.

Bush leads by 52 in the Bush-biased electionprojection.com calculation.
Kerry leads by 22 in the Kerry-biased electoral-vote.com calculation.
Kerry leads by 6 in the neutral princeton calculation.

Data
Source Bush Kerry Tossup Change vs. Yesterday
----------------------- ----- ----- ------ --------------------

electionprojection.com 295 * 243 0 No change
electoral-vote.com 248 270 * 20 Bush +/- 0, Kerry -10
princeton 266 272 * 0 No change

average 270 * 262 6 Bush +/- 0, Kerry -3

* met minimum necessary for election (270 votes)

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Kerry 270 Bush 248, with 116 votes still 'in play'

Bill, those numbers don't add up... there are only 538 votes in the EC, not 634...

Rass. has Bush 240, Kerry 179, 119 Toss up...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

actually, Electoral-vote has Kerry at 280, not 270....

I think what Bill was saying is that 119 votes are up in the air, inlcuding those that are leaning right or left.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

>>Kerry 270 Bush 248, with 116 votes still 'in play'

>Bill, those numbers don't add up... there are only 538 votes in the EC, not 634...

Kerry 270, Bush 248, 20 votes too close to call. 96 votes are within 1 or 2 percent, even if they go to one candidate, so 116 votes could still go either way with even a 2% change.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Update as of an hour ago -

Kerry 280 Bush 254

Update as of an hour ago -

Kerry 280 Bush 254

Though most of the state polling data for electoral-vote.com is from October 4th/6th, before Friday's debate, and effectively the VP one as well.
This weeks results could swing substantially either way.

Interesting, Florida no longer seems to be a decider. They have Kerry losing it, but stll winning. It's now all about Penn and Ohio.