Pammi

I did it!!

Woohoo! I had the BEST jumping weekend yet!! I got in five jumps total...4 on Sunday...and jumped my own rig and pack job for the first time! BEER! I actually got two rides on my canopy and can you believe it, my pack jobs opened!!! LOL! I'm so excited. I only have one or two more jumps then I'm off student status officially (did my flips this weekend, the 'superman' exit and tracking - flips kick a$$!). I probably coulda been finished up with all those jumps, but there was a low ceiling with the clouds that came in so my last two jumps were just hop-and-pops to play with my canopy. When they say "Do you wanna jump..I can only give you 4-5000 but you can jump your rig, do you want to?" who am I to say no?! LOL! I actually will be able to get my license soon they tell me since I have enough freefall time once I get a few of the requirements...so it'll be pretty quick off student status to being licensed (I hope!)
Anyway, just had to share. I'm finally getting it after all the set-backs!! I'm so pumped!!
Guess what else?! We met the Sis!! She's awesome, so much fun! Who needs entertainment when she's around! LOL! Thanks for coming to visit Sis!
Blue skies and superman exits! Hehehe!
Pammi
(oh and I got this nice little 'hicky' on my neck from my rig...guess she got excited about finally getting out and bit me!)

Kick ass Pammi! Sounds like you had a blast. It's pretty wild jumping your own pack job isn't it? I just remember the sweaty knuckles I had the first time I did that. Even though I had a rigger standing over my shoulder watching me the whole time I was just sure I had messed something up. Now, I wouldn't want anyone else packing it. :P

Yeah, it was definately nerve-racking Grogs. It actually hit me just before I was getting ready to go up that I was jumping my own rig and pack! Then, of course, I got teased about "oh, you packed it too! *gasp*" I just kept going over and over in my mind what I've always heard...it's pretty hard to mess it up bad enough that it doesn't open at all, even if you stuff it. Thank goodness they are apparently right! I feel like a 'real skydiver' now :) LOL
Pammi

Nothing like jumping your own rig that you packed huh? I owned my rig for a couple months before I was allowed to jump it. First jump with my rig and first time BOC deployment!All ripcords prior to that. Scared shitless!!! All was well tho. As for my pack jobs....think they're called trash packs....lol!

Thanks guys! Lummy, the flips were fun! I was a little worried about it, honestly, but it was kinda funny...I never did get the back flip pulled off. I kept throwing my head back like he showed me but didn't get my knees up enough..I'm sure it was hilarious to watch. But the front flip was perfect! Straight over and into a perfect arch! It actually helped my spin cuz I was thinking about something else and not worrying about it we think :) It was awesome. And tracking was too, although my 'heading' kept slowly moving to the side...I didn't go too straight
Jumpergirl, we'll be coming to Dallas soon I hope! As soon as we get licensed that's one of the first places we want to check out, and it's not too far! It'll be cool..we'll all pick a weekend and jump our a**es off!
Skreamer - Don't let Sis and Merrick fool ya...they just told me to say my canopy did that to my neck..lol. *wink*
Pammi

How were your landings on that Tri? I'll bet they were picture perfect!

LOL! Not so perfect :) I went from the 230 Skymaster to my Tri, so the DZO hooked up a radio to me so he could help me with the flare on my Tri. He has me put my feet together at the time that I thought I should flare so he could see then would respond "yes..flare!" or "wait...flare". The first one was a tinsy bit high and the second I tried the '3-oh shits' concept and was a tinsy bit low. Anyway...I got a little mud on the butt of my new jumpsuit, but not too bad The second time I figured it better my a** then my legs since I was a little late. LOL!
It was awesome tho! My Tri just spins me around so fast in a turn...it's cool! My accuracy ain't bad either :)
Pammi

Way to go Pam ! Hurry up and finish that "A" -- sounds like we have a skygoddess in the making !
And when Merrick laughs at your "picture perfect" landings, just smile sweetly at him, then flip him off -- take it from someone who knows, any landing is perfect if you can walk away from it !!
The PLF Professional

Thank you guys so much! This was kinda an older post from a few weeks ago, but I really appreciate all the support I get here! I really am having such a good time now, and it was quite a deal getting over one thing after another in my progression. The last jump I did, two weekends ago, was my best ever too! My JM came up and hugged me when I got down and the DZO kept telling me how sweet my landing was (winds were a bit high, but not bad). I just have to do tracks away then back to the JM this weekend and I'm officially done! Then I can hit a few more accuracy landings and get my A! Heaven help everyone when I get that...you'll see the longest post in history! hehe!
(Oh and King...thanks for the 'advice'...I'll keep that in mind! LOL! I hope I can get a little better by the time my family finally comes and watches me jump very soon...I'll never hear the end of the laughing if not! LOL!)
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
-Joan Borysenko