SkydiveMonkey

Aircraft

Well, I have 185 jumps and have only managed to jump from a C-182, King Air, Twin Otter & a SkyVan (The RocketVan at Deland, woohooo!) I'm in the Air Force and get so envious of our Pararescue guys who get to jump C-130s, C-17s, and Helos all the time. That's one of the main reasons why I wanted to attend the WFFC this year was to experience some different aircraft. But, didn't make it.

I don't have all my logbooks, but from memory:
C-182, C-172, C-206,
King Air (Mullins and regular), DC-3, Twin Otter (super and regular), Caribou, CASA, Skyvan (super), Pilatus Porter,
727, Huey.
I don't remember jumping the CASA, but I saw it in my logbook the other day, so it must be true! ;)

C-182 (s/l training...)
King Air
Porter (none of us knew how to load it...we barely fit 8 . They said it would hold 10. I don't believe it!! And the ride to altitude...I think I had two birthdays during that trip!
SuperOtter
I am eagerly awaiting the CASA in Sept. Very excited about that. Last year I was still a student so I could only watch...
Blue skies,
Anne

"I'm in the Air Force and get so envious of our Pararescue guys" -AirMan
Uhhhh....So take your butt down to OL/H and get started on the pipeline.....They are always looking for crosstrainees.
"I used to know a girl...She had two pirced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay

spec, some of these aircraft must have presented some interesting challenges, to say the least. I'm thinking that the stall speeds on some of the larger commercial aircraft would be high enough that the exits would be quite dangerous. Also, some of the configurations of the exits would make it difficult to avoid striking wings and stablizers, especially for the smaller business jets. And how were the doors configured? I would think that opening the door on a 747 would take some extraordinary skill and strength! Were these standard configurations, or specially modified spook jobs?
Do tell.
By the way, are you DB Cooper? :)