freaksister

If I see another post about...

If I see another fucking post about Georgia dropzones I am going to scream! GET OVER IT ALREADY!
I love all you guys and think you're great, but this has gone too far. I am sorry that Cary is acting childishly, but my opinion is that you are letting it get to you too much and wasting too much time over it.
Thank you for letting me say my piece, if I didn't get this off my chest I was going to explode. Take it over to rec.skydiving if you want to, but leave dz.com out of the petty dz wars!!!
Sis

My purpose posting it here and emailing Sangiro about it is to get it removed, thats all. Like I said 1 million times I've tried to end the crap, and as far as I go its done, but I have a job to do (getting paid) and an obligation to protect against misrepresentation of my home DZ (since I am the new webmaster).
You never answered me about necklaces!-LOL
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

Sis,
I can understand your frustration, but I have to agree with cyberskydive. If a real person went to his DZ and wrote a negative review that is one thing. An unethical person editing my review and associating it with his DZ is another. If someone were doing something underhanded to your home DZ wouldn't you want it fixed or at least exposed?
Anyway, the problem seems to have been corrected so I don't think you'll have to read about more problems.
Hopefully, all future post about Georgia dropzones will be happy posts. :)

I've got to go with Sis on this one, dz.com isn't the place for unending flame wars, etc. That is the real reason that I quite reading rec.skydiving. I got tired off all the bullshit that went on there. DZ.com has/had such a cool laid back feel to it, like the dropzones that I jump at, that it felt like home. Come'on people, relax, if you have a problem, take care of it privately. The public domain of the dz.com forums isn't the place.
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

I just want to say I agree with you all!!! 'Sis, you need a jump ... guys, we can't fix a shitty DZO by slamming him here, but it is good to spread the word... however, we don't want this place to end up like rec.skydiving... I'm sure if Sangiro feels it's warranted, he'll do whatever he feels necessary to amend these shameful reviews...
Gee... this is the first time I've felt so agreeable in a while (maybe 'cause I plan on SKYDIVING in a matter of hours...) Frank :)

I am going with all of you. This is a place that I come to chat and hook up with people who get what I like to do. I feel like I have a team here and it sucks to see egos and petty bickering get in the way. Our passion can provide us with enough greif to deal with without fighting among ourselves.
Blue Skys
Albatross

Hi There,
I must admit that I followed the posts about the Georgia DZs with some interest but felt I couldn't contribute 'cos the only thing I know about Georgia was from watching the movie "In The Heat Of The Night". You know, the one where the heroic uniformed cop (played by Marlon Brando) was all set to solve the crime in five minutes flat... Only to be frustrated and upset at every turn by the slimy detective (Sidney Poitier)!!!
Anyway, from watching that film, I was under the impression that they didn't skydive in Georgia 'cos they didn't have any airports.... Only railway stations!?
Apart from that I understood that Georgia was much like Texas, only without the pollution... And of course, fewer guns!?
Mike D10270.

Anyway, from watching that film, I was under the impression that they didn't skydive in Georgia 'cos they didn't have any airports.... Only railway stations!?

Yep, I wouldn't expect you to know it, you being a Brit and all, but I live near some historical sites. During the War of Northern Agression (the Yankees call it the Civil War) some o' dem dar Yankees tried to come down to Marietta and steal 'um a train. Yessir, Disney even made a movie about it "Great Train Race" or some such thing. There is a museum nar my house has this here train that dem Yankees stole from us Southern Folk. We Southerners invented a new sport: T-BASE jumpin'. We all climb up top a train, wait till it goes over a hi bridge 'n then jump off and ride down this huge 'mbrella. Now that be some good fun.

Apart from that I understood that Georgia was much like Texas, only without the pollution... And of course, fewer guns!?

Who told ya dat? The great state of Georgia has fought da state o' Texas for years. We's now in something they call a cold war. Dem dar Texans think they all got more guns, but I knows the truth.

HI Boy,
Thanx for the info... I always assumed Texans had loads of guns, maybe even more guns than swiming pools. Remember "Dallas", the '80s soap opera? Well, I heard that the shoulder pads they all wore weren't actually a fashion accessory, they were comfort pads developed by Texans to ease the problems of carrying LAWs in shoulder holsters!
As for the War of Northern Aggression... wasn't Texas the downmarket end of Mexico when that was going on?
Mike D10270.

HEY HEY HEY, so I live up in NY now but I'm FROM Texas. Still carry the drivers license, refuse to give it up.
Texas is NOT the south. Texas is not the west. Any real Texan will tell you that we are an independent republic that the United States BEGGED to become part of their federation in order to improve the overall national IQ and economic situation.
As for a war with Georgians? Who are we kidding? Texas IS the US Armed Forces.
Glad to help the limeys clear that up!
Love ya.
The eyes of Texas are upon you... watch yo ass!
Trent

Texas is NOT the south. Texas is not the west. Any real Texan will tell you that we are an independent republic that the United States BEGGED to become part of their federation in order to improve the overall national IQ and economic situation.

ROTFLMOA!!! Ha ha! Right on!

The eyes of Texas are upon you... watch yo ass!

Hmmm, I will definitely take this advice whenever a Texan is around. Now I understand why you guys love those camp 'Village People' John Wayne outfits so much!
And to think I was told San Francisco was the gay capital of America.
:D
/s
(stirring as always... ;))

"Texas is NOT the South. Texas is not the west. Texas is an independent republic that the United States BEGGED to become part of their federation".
And THERE, ladies & gentlemen, we may have discovered the exact moment that the political "Garden of Eden" that was the United States was invaded by the "Serpent" of political corruption... Viz:
Mexican: "Hey, Gringo... Want some land?"
American: "No way!! You're just trying to offload them there Texans off onto us."
M: "Tell you what Gringo.... You take Texas, we'll throw in Arizona with all the silver mines."
A: "No way... It's not worth it."
M: OK Gringo, you drive a hard bargain... How about we give you California as well. All the gold mines - not to mention the baywatch cast... All them starlets Gringo..."
A: "Hmmm..."
M: "Tell you what Gringo... We'll even throw in New Mexico just in case you ever want to blow something up, or set fire to something that doesn't matter much."
A: "ALL the starlets?"
M: "Sure t'ing Gringo."
A: "How'll we get it past the Texans?"
M: "Don't worry Gringo.... We just do it... And in a few years the Texans'll THINK it was their idea and take the credit for it anyway.... Go on Gringo... Think of the gold, the silver, the starlets, the stuff you can blow up."
A: "OK... As long as they don't catch on."
M: " Don't worry Gringo... I know Texans."
And there we have it. I'll leave it to "yo'all" to judge whether the foregoing is believable & accurate.
Mike D10270.

Well, being born and raised in Texas, I can assure you that what Mike just said is total bullshit! :D
Britain is just still pissed over the fact they lost the Colonies! If they hadn't done that, they would probably own Texas too and they would have had all those billions of dollars in oil...I am going to call ol' J.R. Ewing up and get him to personally kick YA'LL's asses!
No cowboy boots for this girl,
Sis

Oil and Beef?
But we couldn't expect the Brits to know what that Beef stuff is, they haven't had it in years!
And RE: mike's creative dialogue...
He's just mad because Texans stole their land in a fair and square war with Mexico... unlike his colonist friends... only we managed to hang on to what we won.
Oh wait, what are we fighting about?? Texas has WAY over the standard British 20 sunny days per year. Now who's better? Huh? Huh?
Thought so...
Love ya even more,
Trent

Hi there,
Just to put an accurate historical perspective on this:
"Britain is just still pissed over the fact they lost the colonies!"
At the time that strategic genius King George III successfully cut good old Blighty loose from that bunch of colonists who were too thick to realise that you're supposed to put tea into HOT water (is the American fixation with cold "iced tea" a carryover from what happened in Boston?) the "colonies" consisted of New York, Massachusets & New England. Believe me, we would have FOUGHT for Baywatch... Californica... California, I meant California!!
"They would probably own Texas too"
Absolutely not... The British have had years of dealings with "Furriners" and we would NEVER have fallen for the "Hey Gringo... Bargain, bargain" routine :D. Does anyone REALLY believe we would want dominion over a bunch of folk who wear Ten-Gallon-Hats - which only hold 6 pints (an exaggeration by a factor of 13.3333333*)?
Mike D10270.

Mike is right (as always).
And, Mike, the sooner we get all these bloody foreigners out of England the better. If you weren't born here, then you bloody don't belong here. England for the English, that's what I say. Everybody with a dodgy accent should be deported (starting with any bloody Frenchies).
;)
/s

Zut Alors!.. Pas les Francais!!!>:(
I have tried to post on the subject of the French once or twice... But I've never managed to stay calm about them for long enough to finish it!
The 2% of Americans who are aware of a world outwith their borders (bet NONE of them are from Texas:D - sorry, couldn't resist the sideswipe) will no doubt know that the French are our closest neighbours and as such we are bound to them by ties of Jealousy, hatred & suspicion.
The median Frenchman spends 98% of his time in bed, recovering from sex or alcohol (or both). France is the largest country in the EU (drunks like a lot of room to fall over) and is largely cobbled (they also like the feel of grapes underfoot).
Historically, France has fought a lot of battles, always (win or lose) against overwhelming odds and grossly outnumbered. This is because, being drunk, they always saw 2 of each enemy!
The French believe themselves to be the worlds greatest lovers... But then again, how often have we ALL thought that when drunk!?
This is a country that views Truffles, Frogs Legs & Snails as delicacies... Surely indicative of a life spent in a drunken face down posture waking up with a God-awful hangover and the munchies?
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the French language has the smallest vocabulary in the world, Viz "Boisson, Alcool, Vin, Escargot, Cuisses de Grenouilles, Truffes, l'Amour".
Mike D10270.

lmfaopimp
You crack me up, dude. One of the funniest things I have seen on TV here in the UK (best comedies in the world, and don't anybody think of trying to argue that one!), was an episode of Steptoe and Sons. The old fella is flying on a Boeing for the first time (visiting the continent). He is just finishing up in the bog, when the captain announces 'Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now flying over France'. The old chap says 'Good!' and flushes the toilet.
That really creased me up!
:D
/s

skreamer,
maybe you, miked, dutchboy and others reading this can clear something up for me about texas....I heard that the only reason Californication was still here and had not fallen into the ocean (san andreas fault) was because texas hasn't quit sucking... is this true (tee-hee)????
Triple F