speedformula

OK to SKYDIVE !!!! :)

don't play with me man!! if i get down to the dz on sunday and the parking lot is empty again i will hunt you down and toss you out the plane on a trash packed Sabre 150 with a Huge pilot chute and loose leg straps :o ;) damn that would hurt like a bitch wouldn't it!!!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver

Does this mean us ???? (please please)
form AOPA site:
Wednesday, September 19, 2001 8:20:58 PM — While conducting a Pilot Town Meeting in Columbus, Ohio, AOPA President Phil Boyer was called by his staff, advising him that a notam had just been released by the FAA authorizing the limited return of Part 91 VFR flights. "This is an crucial step in restoring the nation's important general aviation system. Rest assured the effort isn't finished," said Boyer.
VFR is now permitted for U.S. registered aircraft outside of "enhanced" Class B airspace; that is, Class B airspace within the lateral limits from the surface to infinity. No VFR flights are permitted over the top of Class B airspace, nor are VFR operations permitted from airports and airspace "under the shelf" of Class B airspace. In addition, several Temporary Flight Restrictions remain in effect.
Under the FAA notam, VFR flight training operations are prohibited. However, AOPA has been advised by the FAA that this will be discussed at a meeting with the White House on Thursday morning. In addition, restrictions continue to apply to banner towing, traffic watch/reporting, airship/blimps, and news reporting
------------------------------------------
jason

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaa baaaaaaabeeee!!
----
EXAMPLES OF AUTHORIZED OPERATIONS, OUTSIDE "ENHANCED CLASS B AIRSPACE" INCLUDE:
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE REPOSITIONING.
BALLOONS.
CIVIL AIR PATROL.
GLIDERS.
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION FLIGHT TESTS.
MAPPING/PHOTOGRAPHY MISSIONS.
PIPELINE/POWERLINE INSPECTIONS.
SEAPLANES.
SKYDIVING.
ULTRALIGHTS.
WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS.
Then, I saw these two guys swoopin across the pond, and I was like 'weeeeeee!!!!'

This is text from the actual NOTAM issued by the FAA..

EXAMPLES OF AUTHORIZED OPERATIONS, OUTSIDE "ENHANCED CLASS B AIRSPACE" INCLUDE:
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE REPOSITIONING.
BALLOONS.
CIVIL AIR PATROL.
GLIDERS.
MANUFACTURER PRODUCTION FLIGHT TESTS.
MAPPING/PHOTOGRAPHY MISSIONS.
PIPELINE/POWERLINE INSPECTIONS.
SEAPLANES.
SKYDIVING.
ULTRALIGHTS.
WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS.

What, you might ask, is the enhanced Class B airspace?

SPECIAL NOTICE.. NOTE: FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS NOTAM, "ENHANCED CLASS B AIRSPACE" IS DEFINED AS THAT AIRSPACE WITHIN THE EXTREME LATERAL LIMIT OF CLASS B AIRPACE FROM SURFACE TO INFINITY (I.E. SUCH OPERATIONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED WITHIN, BELOW, OR ABOVE CLASS B AIRSPACE):

What the above means is this....if the DZ is within the lateral limits of ANY class B airspace, operations are still prohibited.. Most DZ's fall outside of any Class B airspace, but there are a few that fall within.. To find out if yours does, call the DZ and ask.. If nobody in the office knows, ask for one of the pilots - they will know.. Class B airspace is what exists at most large airports - San Diego International, LAX, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver International, Salt Lake City International, Chicago, Detroit, most of the NYC area airports, etc.... Class B airspace extends, normally, a maximum of 30NM from the primary airport in all directions..
On the downside......

THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF OPERATIONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED:
CIVIL AIRCRAFT VFR FLIGHT TRAINING OPERATIONS
BANNER TOWING OPERATIONS
SIGHT SEEING FLIGHT OPERATIONS CONDUCTED FOR COMPENSATION OR HIRE (UNDER PART 91, PURSUANT TO THE EXCEPTION IN 119.1(e)(2))
TRAFFIC WATCH FLIGHT OPERATIONS
AIRSHIP/BLIMP OPERATIONS
NEWS REPORTING OPERATIONS

For those of you that are either CFI's or students, you are still grounded unless you go IFR.. Hopefully they will lift this VERY soon - many flight schools won't be able to take this much longer.. I wouldn't be suprised to see many go out of business, unfortunately..
It's definitely nice to see that skydiving is SPECIFICALLY addressed in the section of operations allowed - that leads me to believe that USPA has, indeed, been quite active in this whole situation.. Good job, guys..
Mike

I checked and all four Atlanta DZ's are outside of the enhanced Class B. It's amazing just how far out that airspace goes over the busiest airport in the world. All but Atlanta Air Sportz are just barely outside the airspace.
If I wanted to fly to Skydive Atlanta it would be like 200 miles and would probably be quicker to drive! I'm not going to bitch though, anything to get back in the air again.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

SPECIAL NOTICE.. NOTE: FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS NOTAM, "ENHANCED CLASS B AIRSPACE" IS DEFINED AS THAT AIRSPACE WITHIN THE EXTREME LATERAL LIMIT OF CLASS B AIRPACE FROM SURFACE TO INFINITY (I.E. SUCH OPERATIONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED WITHIN, BELOW, OR ABOVE CLASS B AIRSPACE):
Well, that leaves us out. We're right under the eastern edge of SAN class B.
-bill von

Well, that leaves us out. We're right under the eastern edge of SAN class B.

Which airport are you guys based at? I don't see any airports right under the eastern edge.. SAN Class B has some funky boundaries.. Then again, the only program I have shows only airports with IAP's - not VFR only airports..
Mike

what does this mean for those of us at Cross Keys?!?!? were located about 20 minutes from philly. THe airport is only 10-15 minutes over the bridge. Often times the jets fly low over cross keys...
CAN WE JUMP!?!?!?
some body answer me soon!
kel