NathanL100

Where Are All The Respectable Women?

Disclaimer: I'm making large generalizations here, so I'm not saying that all women are "immature, unintelligent, self-centered, bitches." I'm just saying that I can't seem to find any that aren't. So please don't take offence to this. Thanks
I'm sorry, but I really need to vent. Sooo… Where the hell are all the respectable women? >:( It seems like every time I turn around some bitch is making my life hell. The last couple of women that I have dated have turned out to be some of the biggest mistakes of my life. All I want is to meet some nice, mature, down to earth, intelligent women and all I can find is immature, unintelligent, self-centered, bitches!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! And what pisses me off the most is that a lot of women are attracted to assholes and they don't give us nice guys a chance. Excuse me, but WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?? Do they think that they are going to find a quality guy if they date assholes? Or is it that they like the challenge of "taming" a bad boy? Or is it because their dad was an asshole to them, so they have to go find an asshole of their own? Well, how about me, I'm already "tame", I'll be good to you, I'm not an asshole, so give me a chance for fucks sake and you can skip the heartbreak and disappointment or even worse that you would get with the asshole. Women are already mysterious enough as it is, so why they hell do they have to go and do weird shit like this too. It's fucking mind-boggling. I just don't get it. And you would think that they would learn, but oh no they just continue the same viscous cycle of heartbreak after heartbreak. So why the hell do us nice guys always get screwed? >:( (And I'm not talking about the good kind of screwing. :()
The only shred of hope that I have to hold onto is that hopefully things will change as I get older, but for now I'm just about to give up dating all together and I'll save my time and money for jumping. Sorry to vent, but I'm so frustrated!!!!
Blue Ones,
Nathan
A# 39553

hey nate,
jess is kinda right but there are always drama queens out there. jsut have fun when you can...life is a series of insane relationships.it'll be cool when and ONLY when you find someone as fucked up as you are. haha.
(remember, never compare yourself to others, they're more fukt up then you think haha)
Have fun, LIVE FREE, Skydive
JT

know what you mean,gave up on women 10 yrs ago,then met some ASIANS! whole different mindset! filipinas are probably the best,great attitude,my house is sooo clean,and even my underwear is folded,not to mention great food whenever i want.
guess i've become a bit of a rascist,white women either have bad attitude,big ass,or both,and in my experience ( i aint young),will only give you grief.(i admit to knowing a few exceptions,but not many,my daughter of course is one.).
try the asians if you want a great body and good attitude.
des

Des I cannot begin to tell you what I find disgusting about your reply... so I won't
Nathan ... don't despair, I think everyone has copped shit from someone at sometime in the romance department... just keep being yourself and you will meet someone who appreciates you, who you can like back too... good luck!
Larissa

And what pisses me off the most is that a lot of women are attracted to assholes and they don't give us nice guys a chance. Excuse me, but WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?? Do they think that they are going to find a quality guy if they date assholes? Or is it that they like the challenge of "taming" a bad boy? Or is it because their dad was an asshole to them, so they have to go find an asshole of their own? Well, how about me, I'm already "tame", I'll be good to you, I'm not an asshole, so give me a chance for fucks sake and you can skip the heartbreak and disappointment or even worse that you would get with the asshole

ROFL!! Nathan sounds just like me about 12 years ago!!:D
Well, Nathan, I can't tell you what to do. But I was like you in some ways. I'd run around trying to please women, only to find them (as I saw it) getting more and more bitchy. If she was displeased by something I said or did, I'd feel very guilty & run around trying to make it all better. Eventually they'd dump me & start dating a guy who wasn't even trying & treated them like crap. OR SO I THOUGHT!!
Then I realized that at least part of the problem was due to a conflict I hadn't resolved inside of myself. See, I had this idea in my mind that I was a "nice guy." And when conflicts in the relationship would come up that conflicted with that idea, I'd feel very upset & guilty. From the woman's perspective, all this did was make me more difficult to deal with in times of conflict.
So finally I realized the truth about myself. I AM NOT a so-called "nice guy"!!:o In fact, sometimes I'm a real asshole. I wouldn't say I'm actually cruel, but I am lazy and self-centered. Once I started coming to grips with this fact, I became a lot more relaxed in my relationships. Of course, that also means that now when I get complained at, I don't get all guilty & difficult to deal with, because, being an asshole, I know that I'm occasionally going to piss people off. It's just a part of who I am. It also means that I will get openly angry at women if they're giving me too much shit, b/c, after all, I AM an asshole, so I don't just sit there and try to be nice and accomodating.
So I don't know what to tell you, Nathan, b/c I don't know you & I'm not a psychologist, but for me, the problem was inside myself.
Speed Racer
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork from my lunch?!
-WC Fields

I don't usually post often, but I couldn't let this one go. Des, I found your reply racist and disgusting as well. I could tell you a million reasons why, but oh gee, I'm a little bit busy right now. I have to go wash and fold my man's underware, clean his house, and bake him an apple pie.

Nathan,
I am pretty sure if you do a search you will find a post (on the old DZ.com ) from me about the EXACT same thing. Speedracer and and a couple of others are Absolutely right! I too was a "nice guy". But like Speedracer it was something in me that I had to resolve. Once I finally did I realized that I was actually an asshole. I know I am parroting Speedracer but it is exactly the same. Then once I resolved that issue I became much more self confident and because I didn't give a shite anymore I appeared to be much more relaxed etc. Now Jessica is CERTAINLY correct about the younger girls. In the mid twenties they start (do I dare say it) to become desperate. That just pisses me off even more. So now I'm less accodomating to them and do whatever it is that I want to do...and for some sick reason they love it. . So....don't quit being a nice guy. Just mix a little of arrogance and confidence and most importantly "disregard" into the cake mix and you'll do just fine. Disregard is in there because you HAVE to treat them somewhat with disregard. It makes them wanting more. Now I'm not saying start playing games with them. This is just how I am now. And again for some sick reason it is working.
My $.02
Monk

Just when I was like wow,that is great to hear guys not neccesarily finding something wrong with themselves,but just evaluating themselves was great.Then the post about being a little distant.That is the most frustrating thing when i'ts like"I don't know he seems like such a nice guy,but he's so distant,and aloof.You guys are right as far as I go it works on me,drives me crazy and I want them,but it doesn't feel good,or make girls happy,just unsure.Anyway didn't mean to generalize my feelings to all womens,but my friends agree.I just wish you guys would be honest and up front.LOL I'm gonna go keep dreaming now.

Wow, first of all, Nathan, amen to that!
And in response to several others... I find it *really* difficult to just "disregard" things. Yeah, I admit it. I like to believe that I'm a "nice guy". I don't want to change that. It seems pretty insincere. Does that mean I'm doomed here? Women really want to date assholes, and the only way I'll get anywhere is to become an asshole? I don't think I can do that.
My cynical .02
Marc

This thread is kind of pissing me off now. Way to promote contempt for women, some of you.
Nathan -- my best advice: don't play the games of acting like a distant asshole. Do you really want the kind of girl who wants to be treated like shit? How 'bout one who respects herself and you, doesn't that sound good?
Put your energies into stuff you like to do. Skydiving. School. Etc. One of these days, you'll meet a cool woman. You won't find her if you're looking for her. Women can smell desperation on a guy and they don't like it. It makes them feel like any old girl would do.
Good luck.
Alex wants to see you bleed.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm a longtime lurker, watching what is discussed in the postings. Finally found one I wanna comment on:
I've been tagged with the "Nice Guy" label. It can be the kiss of death when it comes to the dating scene. Yes, while many women say they want the nice guy, it seems to me (i.e. this an observation, not a conclusion) they cannot help but lust after the "bad boy" in that some love the excitement. These types of guys, (per my female friend's observation) are like Ferraris: Fun to drive for a weekend, good for shock/flash value, but completely useless/impractical in the long run. Who would most 20-something girls (read "Who can get me to the next party/concert/etc.) rather date? The ones that are fun but not the types that are stable. Don't be Frasier Crane if you wanna date the bad girlz. That'll mean you'll be spending the night with yourself. Be a bit more adventurous(sp?) go do something fun. Fuck it, still go, even if noone else wants to go w/ you. Hell, I went to Hawaii by myself and had a great time, met great people. Don't squander you 20's kicking yourself in the ass over flighty, fickle, unpredictable 20something women.
The "Nice Guy":
If you're saddled with this dreaded label, it may mean she finds you not too interesting, i.e. "too nice" Take some money, go on a trip to the other side of the world. (Bring your rig. :)) Climb a mountain, scuba dive the South Pacific, navigate a jungle, go on Safari. Do the kinda things you'd never tell Mom about. :) These types of things make you more worldly, more interesting. Become confident in yourself, your skydiving, your work. But take pictures, chicks seem to love pictures... Go figure.
And hell, if it doesn't work out, just try to meet others you get along with, like the classic "I-date-friends-of-friends" pattern that so many of us follow.
Just my $0.02
Cielos Azules,
Neil

Take some money, go on a trip to the other side of the world. (Bring your rig. :)) Climb a mountain, scuba dive the South Pacific, navigate a jungle, go on Safari. Do the kinda things you'd never tell Mom about. :) These types of things make you more worldly, more interesting. Become confident in yourself, your skydiving, your work. But take pictures, chicks seem to love pictures... Go figure.

YES, exactly! If you do cool stuff and have a good life, you'll be interesting to other people (maybe even seem a little "bad," heh heh) AAAAAND even if you DON'T run into the perfect woman anytime soon, who gives a fuck? You're having a blast!
Yeeha.
Alex wants to see you bleed.

my best advice: don't play the games of acting like a distant asshole. Do you really want the kind of girl who wants to be treated like shit? How 'bout one who respects herself and you, doesn't that sound good

And being a girl myself....AWESOME ADVICE!!!
As for the nice guy fasad not getting you any girls. Don't change. It may not work in your late teens/early 20's because girls that age aren't necessarily looking for a long term man, they are wanting a "bad boy" guy to just have fun. But later on, when girls are looking for a life partner, trust me, they will be looking for the nice guy. I married a bad ass....now I am divorced....found myself a nice guy and life is soooooooooooooo much better!
Tee :)

Nathan -- my best advice: don't play the games of acting like a distant asshole.

This is by far the best advice on this post. A girl can only put up with a distant asshole type for so long before she decides to move on....
Girls like nice guys. If my sweetie wasn't a nice guy....well, he wouldn't be my sweetie;)
"Leave my brain alone!!" ~ SpongeBob

Wow, I'm gone for 24 hours and look at all of the great responces.:o Anyway... After reading all of these responses I really liked what Drunkmonkey had to say. I'd love to take off and explore the world and do fun stuff all over the world, but school, my job, and long range plans are keeping that out of reach, but maybe someday. As to what others had to say, I don't want to mold my self into something that I'm not in order to basically have sex with women who aren't looking for a long-term relationship (sounds like my last relationship fun for awhile, but unfulfilling in the end), but dammit I don't want to waste my twenty's waiting for "the right one" to stumble into my life. So I'm back to the same dilemma. What to do, what to do?? :(
PS. Des that was just wrong; you're disgusting!!! >:(
Blue Ones,
Nathan
A# 39553

I've only gotten thru the first page so far catching up on this thread, but I had to say you are getting some very good insight! I don't know how many men I've met out there that consider themselves "a nice guy" and they really aren't, at least when it comes to how they handle relationships. They may be terrific elsewhere, but when it comes to being with someone, that's something that takes time to learn. It's ssoo complicated trying to make a relationship with someone, and you have to start over each time because there's not one 'set rule' on how it goes...you have to adjust.
It is true, also, that young women tend to go for the 'bad boys' because of the excitement of it..thinking her bad boy will be different with her..she's just the one to make him see the error of his ways. We're a complicated lot, women..we want excitement, yet stability. I'm so sorry! [grin] It gets a little better as we get older tho...truly :)
Oh, and as to the Asian girls and so forth. I wouldn't know how they handle their relationships, if they truly do enjoy taking care of their man and having very little personal wants/needs..that's great. More power to them and those who love them. I personally prefer a little spice in my relationships :)
Family Photos