MyUserID

Fun Otter Solo Exits

You are bored after 16 jumps? Well, rather than trying to nail a slow fall exit or perfecting a floater exit, just try a new sport. Maybe lion taming or shark feeding from atop a hunk of dead whale. Maybe fire eating or chainsaw juggling would work for you. I think the best one would be catching a .357 bullet in your teeth. Good trick. Maybe just roll through the ghetto in your '78 lincoln lowrider while yelling "Homies, I got a lot of cash and I need the crack."
mike
...red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me...

You're not a skydiver, you're a chicken, Boo.
Well, back to the topic, is there anyway to do a batwing from an otter?
Or maybe grab onto some handhold on the outside of the plane somewhere, plant your feet up next to them and launch off the plane?

**I'm starting to get sick of just diving out of the otter**
Sitting at my desk right now I would do anything to just dive out of the otter.
Seriously, maybe you shouldn't do solo's anymore and start doing some two ways.......
I am thirsty for some air and some brew..........
Seb

There was someone on here a long time ago that siad during there training his was told to get in the door facing away from it, cross your left foot over your right bend over and grab your ankles and then have someone just push you out and hold that position!!!!!!!!!..... Sounds kinda fun!
jason

I did an interesting exit back in the fall, but it was a 4 way. Three of us in the door looking facing the fuselage. On the count of three, we each pushed back, going into backloops. We did three consecutive backloops, side by side.
At the same time, our camera dude was left the camera step. He's not doing backloops, but what I'd call handstand flips. Somehow, he managed to keep the three of us in frame, too.
Wild.
Dangerous, but wild.
Anyways, my point? Jump out of the friggin plane! Jump forwards, jump backwards, jump into front flips, jump into back flips. Squat in the door with your back to the air and gently fall out with your eyes closed. Do the same frontwards...
My second tandem we exited by doing front flips out the door. My third tandem we did back flips out the door. Yes - I did a tandem training progression...
_Am

In reply to:
You are bored after 16 jumps? Well, rather than trying to nail a slow fall exit or perfecting a floater exit, just try a new sport. Maybe lion taming or shark feeding from atop a hunk of dead whale. Maybe fire eating or chainsaw juggling would work for you. I think the best one would be catching a .357 bullet in your teeth. Good trick. Maybe just roll through the ghetto in your '78 lincoln lowrider while yelling "Homies, I got a lot of cash and I need the crack."
Yeah, I dont believe I used the word "bored" anywhere in my statement. I also explained that I would like to use this as a way to practice regaining stability. "Sick of" doesnt imply boredom. My heart still rushes a mile a minute when i get to that door. However, I'd like to mix it up a little bit. I know I can remain stable after a diving exit...but what about something a little more radical? How long would it take me to stabalize. Practice makes perfect. I figure there are so many possiblities for exits, and was just looking for suggestions. I doubt it is possible to get bored with this sport. I think about it all the time.

Roger that big dog.
I read through the posts before creating mine and I think I replaced "sick of" with the word "bored" Dove used in her post. I regret not completely reading your post and thoroughly digesting it before creating my post. I think I was still a bit miffed at my friends Clay and Justin ripping on my beloved Corps in another thread. (that and the fact that I also tend not to register made up words i.e. "restabilized.")
I suggest we both adhere to your advice not to get snippy. My post was made partly tongue-in-cheek.
My RW coach presented me with a seemingly simple exit that I will pass along to you as an olive branch. Find the middle of the otter door. Place your left foot in the door and the other parallel to the wings. Squat down and place the left elbow on your left knee and roll out the door with your head pointing in the direction of the wing tip. The entire exit, you should be trying to arrest your fall rate (relative to the wind). As you become stable in the reduced fall rate, turn and swoop toward where the formation would be if they got out first. I still have a tendancy to drop the wrong knee as I exit and turn back up toward the Otter. It is a killer exercise that should increase your RW skills.
Peace out,
mike
...red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me...

sit in the front of the plane. when the big way that's going out in front of you get all set up, sneak up behind them and throw your pilot chute out the door. now that's exciting!!!
another variation if there's no big way is, you could leave your seatbelt on and pitch out the door. be kinda like a wishbone. see what half gives first. haven't tried these myself, just thinking.

Most fun solo exit ever....
Get in the Otter when it's just a bunch of 1st time tandems on the load (so you're first out and able to chat with them upclose and personal). Hee Hee Hee...
Then while on jump run, with the door open, engage the closest one in conversation....
Keep an eye on the spot and when right on target pretend to lose your balance and fall out the door screaming!
Done that! LOVE to see the tandem's eyes get saucer big as they see you 'lose your balance' and fall out!
Works every time! :^0
ltdiver

-Sick of;
Sick; to be disgusted or loath.
Straight from the dictionary, BLAU.
So your not bored just loath it, which is even worse why the fuck you jumping? Ok so just bad choice of words i guess.
(id just like to remind people that even with a dictionary i still can't spell- least i know what the words mean)
P.S Why anonnymoose, annonymous

Take the co-pilot's seat on the ride to altitude....when it comes time for jumprun, exit the cockpit and go toward the back in a very nervous manner.. Be sure to tell the tandems...."Don't worry - there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the airplane! Really, I swear......now LET ME OUT FIRST!"... Bonus if you can get the pilot to let you take the left seat, and make the tandems think that YOU are the pilot, and the other guy up front is just a skydiver..
I've found, so far, 2 DZO's that REALLY hated it when we did that......the second scenario, that is.. :o
Mike