skymedic

Where's the weekend numbers?

0:1:2
Winds were in excess of 20 mph today but I did get one interesting jump in. We did a two way sit. (I am stable now Clay!). We were the last out and we waited 12 seconds between exits because the winds at altitude were 50 mph. Our scheduled breakoff was at 5k but the guy I jumped with had his visor come up on his Z1 so he went to belly and was right above me. Needless to say I started tracking away from him, he deployed and I finally did at about 2,8k. I was quite aways from the dz so I rode my rear risers going downwind towards the dz and I made a dumb decision. (Hate Those.)
Instead of landing off I decided that if I kept heading towards the dz I would make it but it would be a downwind landing. I was screaming along about 50 mph downwind and basically swooped the whole damn landing area and plf'd it! As I walked back to the hanger I noticed everyone was staring at me. I got a couple of "nice landing". The students thought it was very impressive. Later I apologised to the head instructor and she laughed and said "at least you realize your stupidity!"
I owe beer for the first jump at Skydive Orange and that stupid decision! :)

Woohoo!!
0:3:0
Passed AFF Levels 4, 5, and 6 today!! Backflips are cool !!!! Not just one, but TWO backflips !!
Video soon to follow, once I edit the tape.
- Matt

0:3:3
3FF jumps...would have had more if it wasn't for my outstanding luck with gear.
1st FF dock
1st ripped up canopy
1st jump @ new DZ
Sssshhhh...I didn't tell people at the DZ about my firsts since I didn't have the $$ for beer this weekend, but I'll bring beer this coming weekend :)Also, got to meet kbell and get a couple FF jumps with him. Always fun meeting other dz.commers, even more fun getting to jump with them.
"ahhhhoo...the little guy hasn't done anything yet and you know its going to be good..."

0:0:0
Came extreemely close on the first one, but when she fell over drunk I chose to pass. Man I hate it when that happens, I wasted the whole night hitting on this girl.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

I funneled 2 exits. (both flying front float....oops)

Front float is a tough slot... only the really awesome women will even try it, takes a lot of upper body :)I've been told the key is going on the G of Go if you aren't linked. Have never done it linked though.
pull and flare,
lisa

in response to: I've been told the key is going on the G of Go if you aren't linked. Have never done it linked though
a lot of it depends on the type of skydive, too, on an 8 way for instance, everyone can leave together as long as everyone puts their body where it needs to be on the relative wind.

2:7:0
Lots of good jumps. Started experimenting with Daffy a bit. I've been working on HD proximity and had a couple where we were able to hold about 10 feet off each other straight down the pipe. It's nice when you feel like all that work is starting to pay off.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

0:7:2
4 jumps saturday 3 on sunday.
Did my first tandem jump, had to help an instructor get current.
And first time flying through Ice Crystals, not a good feeling.
Ive totally given up on the first number.
Blue Skies
Joe
"When they say jump you say how high" RATM